Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

And that's what we're going to do...

Started by twistitup, August 12, 2014, 02:51:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

But when?

When do you predict we win the SEC?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

twistitup

Quote from: farmhawg on August 12, 2014, 02:52:59 pm
It's that time of the year.......

The time of the year we repeat promises made by our head coach?

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

razorbackkid

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 12, 2014, 04:20:15 pm
When do you predict?
Late in the fourth quarter when the Hogs have the lead in Atlanta?  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

LZH

Quote from: farmhawg on August 12, 2014, 02:52:59 pm
It's that time of the year.......

It's also just after 4:20, and you-know-who started this thread.

twistitup

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 12, 2014, 04:20:15 pm
When do you predict?

2017 or 2018

We've got our eye on some nasty, nasty 8th graders at the moment.

I'd like to ask BB his prediction; he's the one making promises

DOGALUM

Quote from: twistitup on August 12, 2014, 04:36:09 pm
2017 or 2018

you rekon he was talking about his second year here?
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

twistitup

Quote from: DOGALUM on August 12, 2014, 04:37:23 pm

Surely not... That's why I'd like to ask him. Since I don't have access to BB, I figured I'd ask the next best source - Hogville Nation

Al Boarland

Given the competitive landscape of the SEC West, not for the foreseeable future.

razorbackkid

He didn't come here to paint either..........;)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

lefty08

Quote from: twistitup on August 12, 2014, 04:16:53 pm
The time of the year we repeat promises made by our head coach?

I do know before year 2 isnt the time.......
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Music City Hog

Uncommon

I think we'll get a better estimation of a time frame for when we become a championship contender after this upcoming season is completed.  If we go 6-6 or better this season, I believe we're on pace to be a championship contender by 2017 or sooner.  If we go 5-7 or worse this season, we're likely on pace to be a championship contender by 2018 or later.

I hope it's by 2017.  Here is what that team is looking like (didn't include 2015 verbal commits or FAA signees):
2017 Arkansas Razorbacks
2 QB
8 Austin Allen
9 Rafe Peavey

2 RB
25 Denzell Evans
39 Juan Day

1 FB
45 Tyler Colquitt

4 WR
1 Jared Cornelius
7 Damon Mitchell
17 Jojo Robinson
87 Kendrick Edwards

1 TE
36 Jack Kraus

3 OL
54 Reeve Koehler
60 Brian Wallace
72 Frank Ragnow

6 DL
49 Armon Watts
53 Anthony Brown
78 Bijhon Jackson
90 Ke'Tyrus Marks
95 Jake Hall
97 Tevin Beanum

3 LB
11 Randy Ramsey
35 Dwayne Eugene
44 Khalia Hackett

5 DB
15 Henre' Toliver
16 Cornelius Floyd
18 Santos Ramirez
20 De'Andre Coley
28 Josh Liddell

1 K
98 Cole Hedlund

LRRandy

Quote from: LZH on August 12, 2014, 04:27:38 pm
It's also just after 4:20, and you-know-who started this thread.
yeah but it's 5:00 somewhere.
This is fun, isn't it.

hogville38

Quote from: twistitup on August 12, 2014, 04:36:09 pm
2017 or 2018

please just shut up....sigh

The Divine Swine

If we turn out to be really good and extremely improved in Bielema's second year we could wind up only losing to Bama. It is conceivable. It is also conceivable Bama loses twice. In that scenario we would go to Atlanta.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

LZH

Quote from: LRRandy on August 12, 2014, 08:47:44 pm
yeah but it's 5:00 somewhere.

Oy!  It always is as far as I'm concerned!

twistitup

Quote from: The Divine Swine on August 12, 2014, 09:38:11 pm
If we turn out to be really good and extremely improved in Bielema's second year we could wind up only losing to Bama. It is conceivable. It is also conceivable Bama loses twice. In that scenario we would go to Atlanta.

I like your mind Divine.... But is that realistic?

grayhawg

Quote from: twistitup on August 12, 2014, 09:45:54 pm
Well it worked for Auburn and Missouri last year. ;D

The Divine Swine

Quote from: twistitup on August 12, 2014, 09:45:54 pm

realism is overrated my brother.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

go hogues

I just don't think it will happen any time soon. Honestly, with the way the SECW looks these days, I think a third place divisional finish would be a remarkable accomplishment.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

redeye

When we get hot and start believing in ourselves.

1highhog

No.  Not unless he was really feeling his oats after just climbing off of Jen.  I don't think he ever figured he would be able to compete for the SEC title in year 2.  If this Coaching staff keeps building this team the way their building it, starting in the trenches and building depth there as well, while adding exceptional playmakers at RB, QB, TE, and my biggest question mark on Offense is can they find the big stud WR's on Offense, then we will be explosive.  Defense, the same thing, they have started in the trenches, but we've lagged behind the rest of the SEC at LB for years, this has to stop.  We have to have a great LB corp, and CB and Safety play as well to compete in this League, we've never had both and Offense and a Defense at the same time, I still think we're two years away after this year, but by then we should have the depth across the board to compete for the SEC Title, which means we'd be good enough to compete Nationally against anyone.

lefty08

Quote from: 1highhog on August 13, 2014, 03:21:27 am
No.  Not unless he was really feeling his oats after just climbing off of Jen.  I don't think he ever figured he would be able to compete for the SEC title in year 2.  If this Coaching staff keeps building this team the way their building it, starting in the trenches and building depth there as well, while adding exceptional playmakers at RB, QB, TE, and my biggest question mark on Offense is can they find the big stud WR's on Offense, then we will be explosive.  Defense, the same thing, they have started in the trenches, but we've lagged behind the rest of the SEC at LB for years, this has to stop.  We have to have a great LB corp, and CB and Safety play as well to compete in this League, we've never had both and Offense and a Defense at the same time, I still think we're two years away after this year, but by then we should have the depth across the board to compete for the SEC Title, which means we'd be good enough to compete Nationally against anyone.

Could we stop with the comments like that?  They have no place in a football discussion.
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: lefty08 on August 13, 2014, 06:27:08 am
Could we stop with the comments like that?  They have no place in a football discussion.

Did you read the whole post? It was actually a good one. Started off iffy, but he nailed the finish.

Dominicanhog

lefty08

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on August 13, 2014, 08:34:36 am
Did you read the whole post? It was actually a good one. Started off iffy, but he nailed the finish.

Yeah I read the whole thing, the first comment was uncalled for though

twistitup

Quote from: lefty08 on August 13, 2014, 08:50:00 am
Yeah I read the whole thing, the first comment was uncalled for though

Agreed...I doubt BB is on top, he's not climbing off of anything

JoeyCapital

Quote from: twistitup on August 13, 2014, 09:50:24 am
Agreed...I doubt BB is on top, he's not climbing off of anything

If he's smart he's anywhere and everywhere he's asked/allowed to be
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece