Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Waddell Leaving UA Post

Started by Porked Tongue, August 12, 2014, 02:19:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

He was the senior associate AD.  He'd only been here a year but thought he'd done a good job and was very engaged and honest with his work.

Thanks Mike!

The_Iceman

Dang. I liked Mike. Seemed to love what he did here.

Porked Tongue

go hogues

These guys hop around so much it's crazy.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: go hogues on August 12, 2014, 02:28:36 pm
These guys hop around so much it's crazy.

No moreso than a lot of other industries.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Porked Tongue

MJ2

How soon before Long takes a full time NCAA position?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: MJ2 on August 12, 2014, 02:37:19 pm
How soon before Long takes a full time NCAA position?

I have heard many people say CFB needs a czar or full time commissioner/exec especially once the power 5 is fully established.  Most of the arguments for this center around consistent rules and discipline enforcement.  Also for a consistent pool of officials, ie the officials would no longer be employees of the conferences but of the NCAA or Power 5 conglomerate.

I could see Long in this role.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 12, 2014, 02:34:58 pm
Illinois.

In what capacity?  AD?  Anything else would be lateral unless of course he has some ties to Illinois.

ClearEyes

I know Mike very well and he loved Arkansas, but he is returning to work with an AD that he worked with for a long time at two other stops.  Guy was as invested in the Hogs as anyone I have known around the program for some time.  He is really going to be missed.  A lot of the things he was working on will come public in the next few months with football season.  I liked how he listened to the fans and interacted with them, which is a major departure from others in the Ivory Tower.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 12, 2014, 02:55:50 pm
In what capacity?  AD?  Anything else would be lateral unless of course he has some ties to Illinois.
Same job basically.  Has ties to that staff.

Hawgey-Davidson

I guess the "re-branding" effort is over for now. Good luck to him.

LZH

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 12, 2014, 02:44:46 pm
I have heard many people say CFB needs a czar or full time commissioner/exec especially once the power 5 is fully established.  Most of the arguments for this center around consistent rules and discipline enforcement.  Also for a consistent pool of officials, ie the officials would no longer be employees of the conferences but of the NCAA or Power 5 conglomerate.

Good point.  Though Long currently makes $1.2 million per year, so it will take a very nice position to make it worth his while.

alwaysnextyear

Mike is a nice guy but some of his game day/music ideas were not good at all.

ricepig

Ok, looks like he's one I'll drop from twitter, he tweets and retweet too much to care what the Illini are doing. I thought he worked hard to get the fan's perspective on changes.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LZH on August 12, 2014, 03:11:52 pm
Another transfer....OMG!

Does he have to sit out a year.................?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 12, 2014, 03:49:48 pm
Does he have to sit out a year.................?

:)

He wouldn't if it were Illinois State instead of Illinois.

McKdaddy

Quote from: ricepig on August 12, 2014, 03:19:59 pm
Ok, looks like he's one I'll drop from twitter, he tweets and retweet too much to care what the Illini are doing. I thought he worked hard to get the fan's perspective on changes.

Agreed
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

GolfnHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 12, 2014, 03:19:59 pm

Really liked Mike but I'm right there with ya. Bet he's gonna have a week w/ a bunch of unfollows but conversely will pick up a bunch of folks w/ Illini ties.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

MJ2

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 12, 2014, 02:44:46 pm

I think you and I have been talking to the same people.

alwaysnextyear

He's still tweeting ab UA. Is this legit?

Steef

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 12, 2014, 04:54:54 pm

If Porked says it...it's legit.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: steefhog on August 12, 2014, 04:57:57 pm
If Porked says it...it's legit.

Porked knew my wife was pregnant before I did.  The man knows his stuff.  Hey wait a minute......

McKdaddy

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 12, 2014, 04:54:54 pm

It's legit.  I sent a "thanks for your time at the UA & good success at Illinois" tweet, which he favorited.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Porked Tongue