Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Micheal Smith just told an awesome story on the radio.

Started by KlubhouseKonnected, August 12, 2014, 12:56:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KlubhouseKonnected

In the game he got his first SEC touchdown he only got in the game by virtue of McFadden refusing/overruling the Nutt brothers and subbed himself out and telling Smith to go in the game.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 12, 2014, 12:56:11 pm
In the game he got his first SEC touchdown he only got in the game by virtue of McFadden refusing/overruling the Nutt brothers and subbed himself out and telling Smith to go in the game.

I loved it. Also love how Irwin said tales from the Nutt. You could tell that he could go on and on about TCWF
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Hog Nutt

I heard it too. Great story. He probably has a ton more he could tell. That is a good show especially when Irwin comes on.

KlubhouseKonnected

Head and shoulders above their competition. If you actually like sports radio that is.

immahog

I love game on ....my work changed so I dnt get to catch it anymore tho
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

twistitup

Walking to the sidelines, tapping his head wanting out of game, Dmac was tired but coaches said to stay in....Dmac still takes himself out and tells MS to get in the game
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

RazorBassin

Quote from: twistitup on August 12, 2014, 01:37:36 pm
Walking to the sidelines, tapping his head wanting out of game, Dmac was tired but coaches said to stay in....Dmac still takes himself out and tells MS to get in the game

Awesome story!  DMAC was so much fun to watch and I will still watch his highlight videos from his days as a Hog. 

ifghog

Quote from: RazorBassin on August 12, 2014, 01:49:37 pm
Awesome story!  DMAC was so much fun to watch and I will still watch his highlight videos from his days as a Hog. 
Amen to this. Best Hog ever....of course in my Opinion.

immahog

yea I wish more kids from the state had hog in the heart like Dmac
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

jabohog

Quote from: immahog on August 12, 2014, 01:52:40 pm
Quote from: RazorBassin on August 12, 2014, 01:49:37 pm
[/quote

yea I wish more kids from the state had hog in the heart like he does
What I loved about DMac the most was he was Arkansas through and through. There's more of them out there. Bijohn, Storey, Liddel, etc. Don't give up on our kids.

BigE_23

DadVader1

Yep, loved that story.  Luckily, I was in my car at the time, so I could literally laugh out loud.

Mike Irwin

Felix was hurt and D-Mac was gassed. He told D-Nutt that he needed a rest. D-Nutt went to Michael Smith and asked him to explain what he did on each of the five running plays in the play book. He answered every one of them correctly. But it was all for show because D-Nutt went back to D-Mac and said, Sorry, you're going to have to go it alone. D-Mac looked at D-Nutt and said, BS he knows those plays better than us (D-Mac and Felix) because he's the one who taught us.

So Michael went in and scored his first TD as a Hog.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 12, 2014, 02:35:10 pm
Felix was hurt and D-Mac was gassed. He told D-Nutt that he needed a rest. D-Nutt went to Michael Smith and asked him to explain what he did on each of the five running plays in the play book. He answered every one of them correctly. But it was all for show because D-Nutt went back to D-Mac and said, Sorry, you're going to have to go it alone. D-Mac looked at D-Nutt and said, BS he knows those plays better than us (D-Mac and Felix) because he's the one who taught us.

Thats awesome. Thanks for sharing.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

LZH

Inhogswetrust

Why am I not surprised.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wildhog

Quote from: LZH on August 12, 2014, 02:52:46 pm
That's one more than I'd have guessed.

Two more than Gus used the entirety of last season.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

majestic

Five running plays? How many pass plays did he have?
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

oldman1015

Quote from: majestic on August 12, 2014, 02:57:41 pm
two. one to the left and one to the right.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

hogsanity

Quote from: immahog on August 12, 2014, 01:52:40 pm
yea I wish more kids from the state had hog in the heart like Dmac

I wish more kids from the state had TALENT like Dmac.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

KlubhouseKonnected

Yeah, I liked that part, left it out. You know I often don't agree with you on here about things that happened in the past but I always appreciate you on the radio. Thanks, fwiw.

KlubhouseKonnected

2. Pass to Monk and pass to Hillis.

hoghearted

JayBell

Not directly related to Arkansas, but it reminds me of Cedric Houston at Tennessee.  Cedric would get the yards and then the coaches would put in Jabari Davis close to the endzone for the touchdown.

One time Cedric got them down there and Casey Clausen waved to the sideline to stop the substitution.  He kept Cedric on the field so he could get his touchdown.

Never liked Clausen much before that, but I had so much respect for him for doing that.

It's another example of how so much of the time it is the coaches/adults that are wrong in the situation, and not the players.

LZH

Quote from: oldman1015 on August 12, 2014, 03:04:40 pm
two. one to the left and one to the right.

As long as he didn't have to wear a red wristband on his right hand...............  ;)

Melorock089

Gold.

Ironhawg

It's amazing they were able to get that many plays on a Sonic napkin.

Nosboar Accubond

Which play had that wood? Always loved some DMAC

WPS  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on August 12, 2014, 03:21:02 pm
Which play had that wood?

WPS  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

They had a play called the woody................It consisted of running the stud up the middle.................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on August 12, 2014, 03:22:44 pm
Who would be??? Hooty would lie when the truth sounded better.

True. Heck he would tell a lie even when a different lie sounded better!

Iwastherein1969

Did Hooten hit the panic button and call a 'code red' on DMAC ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

BigD94

Awesome story. Same thing happened to us in high school. One of our other running backs had gotten us down the field, and when we got inside the 10, coach called a running play to Darren. When we heard the play, he looked at our quarterback and told him to change it so that our other running back, who got us down the field, could score. Thats just the type of guy he is, on and off the field.
WOO PIG!

majestic

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 12, 2014, 03:24:11 pm
They had a play called the woody................It consisted of running the stud up the middle.................................
I'm pretty sure the woody was hiding Fish behind the line and quick snapping it to him.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

oldman1015

Quote from: LZH on August 12, 2014, 03:13:00 pm
As long as he didn't have to wear a red wristband on his right hand...............  ;)
and white on his left hand.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Well if it had been Marcus Monk that was gassed it would had been easier because the backup WR would only have to know 1 play.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: majestic on August 12, 2014, 03:30:17 pm
I'm pretty sure the woody was hiding Fish behind the line and quick snapping it to him.

I don't think you caught my meaning.........................................

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

secfan30

Well, actually it was a little flappy fish going around the edge of the end... Didn't make it in aka score

secfan30

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 12, 2014, 05:31:17 pm
I hate it when you don't score with a woody................................

That was the story of the high school years

TheGunther

Now that we know the rest of the story, is there any video of Michael's first touchdown?
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

lefty08

Quote from: LZH on August 12, 2014, 02:52:46 pm
That's one more than I'd have guessed.

Who would have thought nutts offense was more complex than gus's?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

SoCal Hog

I really enjoyed watching Michael Smith. He was a warrior.
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

TheArkansasTraveller

Those 5 running plays were pretty effective seeing as HDN's offences averaged 38 pts a game during those years.   

Fatty McGee

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on August 12, 2014, 10:39:22 pm
Those 5 running plays were pretty effective seeing as HDN's offences averaged 38 pts a game during those years.   

Lies, damn lies and statistics.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

DEVIL DOG HOG

They had a play called the woody…………….It consisted of running the stud up the middle…………………………...

AKA: Smoke Draw
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!