Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reeve Koehler

Started by troyer37, August 12, 2014, 09:23:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

troyer37

Where is he at on the depth chart. He was a pretty highly rated OL out of Highschool. I haven't heard the coaches talking about him at all. Anybody know anything about him?

onebadrubi

Nobody has really mentioned his name.  Hopefully a UU or Irwin will ask for us and report back.

tbhogfan

According to reports I have seen and CBB's comments after spring practice, Reeve has yet to adjust to the speed of the college game and has also had some weight and injury issues. 

He's a RS Freshman this year.
Go Hogs!

troyer37

31to6

Quote from: tbhogfan on August 12, 2014, 09:31:29 am
According to reports I have seen and CBB's comments after spring practice, Reeve has yet to adjust to the speed of the college game and has also had some weight and injury issues. 

Not all players adjust quickly. Here's to hoping he can get his body and mind sorted out so he can achieve his potential. If he doesn't get on it, he will find himself passed over by all the young talent Pittman is bringing in every class.

KlubhouseKonnected

Sometimes it just takes offensive lineman longer to develop, even ones that were highly regarded in high school. I just hope Reeve doesn't get down on himself and keeps working hard to eventually win a starting role.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: 31to6 on August 12, 2014, 11:08:53 am
Not all players adjust quickly. Here's to hoping he can get his body and mind sorted out so he can achieve his potential. If he doesn't get on it, he will find himself passed over by all the young talent Pittman is bringing in every class.

Didn't the kid have pretty extensive knee surgery on a knee cap or patella tendon?  This is something that isn't just fixed over a spring practice.  He may still be unsure of getting his knee under him.  Remove adrian the freak peterson and go look at all others with knee complications.  They need one full year to recover physically, and it takes about another year mentally.  A 300lb lineman, I can only imagine those times lengthen.  Luckily, this kid will be given 4 years of chance and with our S&C program, he will be huge for us later in his career.  No reason to think he would be passed by a freshman in a year or two, because by that time we should start to see the studs have RS in front of their class title. 

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on August 12, 2014, 11:24:28 am
Sometimes it just takes offensive lineman longer to develop, even ones that were highly regarded in high school. I just hope Reeve doesn't get down on himself and keeps working hard to eventually win a starting role.
Agreed. Any position on the O-line is a tough position to play.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

SamBuckhart

Quote from: tbhogfan on August 12, 2014, 09:31:29 am

From high school to SEC would sure be a challenge. Hope he makes it.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

HogsonHicks

Koehler is potential quality depth.  Some of the best smash-mouth teams over the last several decades have lined up 5th-year seniors across the line.  Allowing for slow, yet steady development leads to consistent line play.

RazorPiggie

You've got to remember he is just a RS Freshman. He has plenty of time to play.

three hog night

I think the 2nd string guys are going to play a lot this year, so the 3rd string will play a lot in blowouts.  Guys like Koehler will play a lot in their career with rotation Pittman is establishing.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

The_Iceman

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 12, 2014, 12:47:31 pm

Even if he doesn't play until his RS Junior year, that isn't the worst thing. 3 full years to develop and grow under our staff. Then have 2 years to contribute.

troyer37

well it was crazy to me that they are already talking about Ragnow playing and Wallace guys that weren't as highly rated out of highschool and these guys are freshmen. It does seem though the injury prob set him back quite a bit.

aloha_kid

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: troyer37 on August 12, 2014, 01:42:10 pm
well it was crazy to me that they are already talking about Ragnow playing and Wallace guys that weren't as highly rated out of highschool and these guys are freshmen. It does seem though the injury prob set him back quite a bit.

Both Wallace and Ragnow were highly rated and wanted by every top school in the country.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

jabohog

I bet if you run this by Mike Irwin, he can tell you first hand or find out.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: troyer37 on August 12, 2014, 01:42:10 pm

I know another poster pointed this out but I'll add to it. Both of these guys were being recruited by everyone and their mother!

http://247sports.com/Player/Frank-Ragnow-23316?Institution=24963

http://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Wallace-26286?Institution=3071

troyer37

How do i run this by Mike Irwin?

hawgwash

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on August 12, 2014, 02:46:28 pm
I know another poster pointed this out but I'll add to it. Both of these guys were being recruited by everyone and their mother!

http://247sports.com/Player/Frank-Ragnow-23316?Institution=24963

http://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Wallace-26286?Institution=3071
Thanks for posting those links.  You gotta love that Brian Wallace had 22 Crystal Ball predictions with 82% for Bama and 18% for Iowa.

BigSexyHog

Jesus Christ.... Not everyone is going to play much less start.  God Almighty some if ya'll need to chill out over some of the players.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

PygmalionEffect

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 12, 2014, 12:47:31 pm

Yes

aloha_kid

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on August 12, 2014, 07:26:48 pm

585 ?

If the bar is 45 it is.  Either way a little bit of weight on it.