Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Million Dollar Food Truck....are we buying one?

Started by twistitup, August 11, 2014, 06:33:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Quote from: wholehog92 on August 12, 2014, 10:07:23 am
May change with the new rulings.  It's been a sore spot.

Mixed dorms also cause more sore freshman girls...parents aren't happy
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HogNdazs

Not sure if you have been to Shulertown on dickson but food trucks are awesome. Tamale place and Mama Deans are legit.

Inhogswetrust

When I lived in Yocum years ago they had a food truck come around at night. I gained about 20 lbs.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Boardon Hamsay

At least one food truck should be devoted to serving fresh variations of Frito Pie. Amply and liberally slathered Frito pie, of course.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 12, 2014, 03:22:07 pm
When I lived in Yocum years ago they had a food truck come around at night. I gained about 20 lbs.

Yep, I posted it in another thread, Jerry's. They would drive up behind Wilson Sharp and all of the fraternity houses on Stadium, and hit all the other houses and dorms. I'm pretty sure he was responsible for a lot of the freshman 20......

Boardon Hamsay

I bet stAte has their eye on a couple used Schwann's trucks right now.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Hogfly

This may have already been posted, but I actually saw a food truck (not in operation, just parked in a lot on College in Fayetteville) decorated up in Razorback motifs called "The Tusk Truck."

I might snap a picture and post it tomorrow if I pass by that way.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Hogfly on August 12, 2014, 05:57:41 pm
This may have already been posted, but I actually saw a food truck (not in operation, just parked in a lot on College in Fayetteville) decorated up in Razorback motifs called "The Tusk Truck."

I might snap a picture and post it tomorrow if I pass by that way.

There are several out and about these days. I think the former patio at Rogue on Dickson is now home to a few food trucks.

Hogfly

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on August 12, 2014, 06:09:46 pm
There are several out and about these days. I think the former patio at Rogue on Dickson is now home to a few food trucks.

Yeah. I'm a longtime food truck fan. We have two food court plazas in Fayeteville. Yacht club (across from old doc murdocks and shulertown which you referenced). This one had a hog and stuff on it though. And if you know anything about college licensing you know you pay for that in a commercial venture which is likely beyond the scope of what a regular food truck could budget.

elviscat

If they get a food truck, Coach Chaney would never make it to practice. He would weight a ton.

Fatty McGee

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: elviscat on August 12, 2014, 06:30:57 pm
If they get a food truck, Coach Chaney would never make it to practice. He would weight a ton.

If coaches can eat out of them then the Jayhawks are going to need about three of them!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 13, 2014, 05:51:31 pm
If coaches can eat out of them then the Jayhawks are going to need about three of them!

As will Iowa St and Rutgers.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on August 13, 2014, 05:53:40 pm
As will Iowa St and Rutgers.

How many will we need? Let's keep it razorback related....have we placed an order for a badarse food truck? If not, will recruits care?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

thebignasty

Ive seen the one sitting at the firestone on College Ave.  In addition to being U of A branded, its also Chartwells branded.  As far as I know, they are still in charge of food on campus- that is certainly piece of U of A equipment.  I don't know if its an athletics dedicated truck or what, but given the timing it seems likely.