Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Million Dollar Food Truck....are we buying one?

Started by twistitup, August 11, 2014, 06:33:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

OU has one ordered - what's our plan for 'all you can eat' student athletes?

Recruiting tool? I say hell yes! Get on it Jeff L, we need to keep up

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/ncaa/story?storyId=11320722&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.orangepower.com%2Fthreads%2Fou-buying-food-truck.190828%2F%22%7D

Bama already has fresh fruit smoothies in the locker room- what's the plan Jeff?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

twistitup

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on August 11, 2014, 06:47:19 pm
this is getting ridiculous

But if we are going to stay competitive - let's get ridiculous too

LZH

WardamnHOGGLE

Nope.  Pnut butter samiches for the boys at halftime.   :P

twistitup

Quote from: WardamnHOGGLE on August 11, 2014, 07:17:16 pm
Nope.  Pnut butter samiches for the boys at halftime.   :P

Hopefully we at least add some jelly....but for real we are going to have to get creative

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on August 11, 2014, 07:20:31 pm
Hopefully we at least add some jelly....but for real we are going to have to get creative

Tyson pre-cooked wings/strips?

Pickwick Hog

Roach Coaches are what you do when you can't afford a brand new 55,000 sq ft, 20 million dollar Student-Athlete Success Center like Arkansas is building. Which will include a dining hall. 
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

LA Football fan

Sounds good on principal until you have athletes overeating themselves out of shape and it starts causing losses on the field. 

hawgsalot

We have the facilities, we don't need no rolling roach factory. ;)

Boardon Hamsay

My sources say we're going to expedite the NEZ expansion and those plans now including concourse level parking for up to 20 food trucks. Also, the front of the BAC will be remodeled not only for parking a new food truck fleet but will also be designed to look like a food truck. No confirmation on whether the food trucks would serve Coke or Pepsi. Lastly, I have little doubt that the fine folks at Petit Jean Meats are working on a food truck design as we speak.  ;D

I could also see a "Catfish Hole On The Go", "Damgoode Pies Mobile". among many others. We should give them tail numbers so we can have some good food truck tracking threads too!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Hogpkins

Watching CBB's press conference from yesterday (available at www.hogville.net - uncut interviews) and with about 7:30 9:00 to go in the interview he's asked about his thoughts on the new autonomy that's supposed to be granted to the power 5 conferences, and specifically how that might affect Arkansas.

He said "it sets a whole other bar with what we can do," meaning it will open fresh battlegrounds in the arms race via rule changes. If you listen to his whole answer, you get the sense that he welcomes the idea of relaxed rules and believes Arkansas fans will come through with the financial support that will be necessary to really compete. (And, yes, he acknowledged that he has to win to make that happen).

He gave a positive example using the B12, noting that we heavily compete with the B12 in recruiting due to our location. He said we have our great new training facility where our players have full access to a great food spread whenever they want it, meanwhile he recently heard about a nearby B12 school who is having to eat off a food truck because they don't have a facility.

My take:  It's not news that money matters, but money is about to matter a whole lot more. More of it will be above board when the new rules take effect -- right now and throughout history way too much has been below board because there were not enough legal ways for programs (boosters) to spend it. In the near future there will be many more legitimate opportunities to invest wealth to gain a competitive advantage.

The landscape is changing, and apparently CBB sees our neighbors to the west as not keeping up with the Hogs on the new frontier. Most other SEC schools will welcome the changes as well, but not many outside the SEC are going to be able to take advantage of it like Arkansas should be able to.

twistitup

Food trucks are mobile - it's not about facilities, it's about food and easy access to it.

Hogpkins

Sorry, it's round 9 minutes to go. It ends around 7:30 to go.

twistitup

Quote from: Hogpkins on August 11, 2014, 08:49:40 pm
Sorry, it's round 9 minutes to go. It ends around 7:30 to go.

Exactly what I was thinking

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Hogpkins

Quote from: twistitup on August 11, 2014, 08:49:08 pm
Food trucks are mobile - it's not about facilities, it's about food and easy access to it.

He said they didn't have the facility. I don't know who he was talking about but his point was that he foresees a new competitive advantage over schools we are recruiting against.

go hogues

Quote from: Hogpkins on August 11, 2014, 08:38:43 pm
Most other SEC schools will welcome the changes as well, but not many outside the SEC are going to be able to take advantage of it like Arkansas should be able to.
This will still not be good for Arkansas, because there are definitely limits to our giving potential.
Programs like Bama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and even Vandy (schools with unlimited outside cash flows) will be paying top dollar for recruits, while we're still caught somewhere near the bottom of the conference.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Pigsknuckles

It just might take care of some Title IX concerns.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hogpkins

Quote from: go hogues on August 11, 2014, 08:54:15 pm
This will still not be good for Arkansas, because there are definitely limits to our giving potential.
Programs like Bama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and even Vandy (schools with unlimited outside cash flows) will be paying top dollar for recruits, while we're still caught somewhere near the bottom of the conference.

I disagree about Vandy because they would have already invested more if that were true. But I agree that it could be bad for us with the other schools you mention, just causing more separation. My hope is that the Bama's and AU's will not spend a whole lot more money than they already are, just more of it will be above board, and we will hold or close the gap on overall spending.

Either way it looks like it's coming, so let's pray it doesn't hurt us.

twistitup

twistitup

Quote from: Hogpkins on August 11, 2014, 08:53:44 pm
He said they didn't have the facility. I don't know who he was talking about but his point was that he foresees a new competitive advantage over schools we are recruiting against.

Facilities are easily constructed - I'm more interested in if we will have a million dollar food truck

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on August 11, 2014, 09:03:43 pm
Facilities are easily constructed - I'm more interested in if we will have a million dollar food truck

Back in the 70's we had Jerry's, jungle juice, pot pies, candy bars, it was exquisite.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: twistitup on August 11, 2014, 09:03:43 pm

We do need an official food truck of the Arkansas Razorbacks. WPS!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Razorbax

PonderinHog

Pickwick Hog

Quote from: go hogues on August 11, 2014, 08:54:15 pm

A Summer Olympics could be hosted on and around Razorback Rd yet Arkansas can't compete? BS.

You have forgotten the fact the Razorbacks are the only show in the state.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed

twistitup

Gravy must be on the menu at all times

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: twistitup on August 11, 2014, 06:33:31 pm

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/ncaa/story?storyId=11320722&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.orangepower.com%2Fthreads%2Fou-buying-food-truck.190828%2F%22%7D

Bama already has fresh fruit smoothies in the locker room- what's the plan Jeff?
We've had smoothies in the weight room for over a decade.

ICEman

We give our ailing bovines a shot of B12 when they were 'off their feed'.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

twistitup

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 11, 2014, 09:26:48 pm
We've had smoothies in the weight room for over a decade.

Bama must be adding something special then

Arkiebarkie

Somebody's feeding our players, have you seen the size of the olineman? I guess we can borrow a Tyson truck or two!

snoot hoggy hog

DadVader1

The Waffle Wagon and Southern Gourmasian STAY in Little Rock!  (the early days of the Great Food Truck Debate).

SPAL

What's that charles? You wanna smoothie? You know what? I'd like a smoothie too Charles. It would be good wouldn't it? You know why I'm not gonna have a smoothie? Cause I don't feel like I deserve a smoothie. Does anybody out here feel like they deserve a smoothie? I tell ya what. We win Friday night, you can have all the smoothies you want , gentlemen.

Abominable Hillbilly

"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

redeye

I mostly agree, but it was in below board in the past because people got away with cheating.  Cheating will continue and it'll continue to be a problem.

I'm still 100% removing the money from college sports, but that's just me.

redeye

latrops

Quote from: Hogpkins on August 11, 2014, 08:58:31 pm
I disagree about Vandy because they would have already invested more if that were true. But I agree that it could be bad for us with the other schools you mention, just causing more separation. My hope is that the Bama's and AU's will not spend a whole lot more money than they already are, just more of it will be above board, and we will hold or close the gap on overall spending.

Either way it looks like it's coming, so let's pray it doesn't hurt us.

So Bama, Florida, Georgia, etc are going to get top recruiting classes, while ours are mediocre by comparison?  Sounds to me like everyone will be spending more to stay where they already are.

RT1941

To hang with the big spenders in this league, you've gotta be willing to open your fat wallet.  IMO, it's high time UA decided we want to freakin compete in this conference even if it means throwing around some dirty money like the rest of the big guys.
RazorTusk!!!!

Inhogswetrust

One million for a food truck. Holy cow what will they serve, Kobe steaks?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogpkins on August 11, 2014, 08:38:43 pm
Watching CBB's press conference from yesterday (available at www.hogville.net - uncut interviews) and with about 7:30 9:00 to go in the interview he's asked about his thoughts on the new autonomy that's supposed to be granted to the power 5 conferences, and specifically how that might affect Arkansas.

He said "it sets a whole other bar with what we can do," meaning it will open fresh battlegrounds in the arms race via rule changes. If you listen to his whole answer, you get the sense that he welcomes the idea of relaxed rules and believes Arkansas fans will come through with the financial support that will be necessary to really compete. (And, yes, he acknowledged that he has to win to make that happen).

He gave a positive example using the B12, noting that we heavily compete with the B12 in recruiting due to our location. He said we have our great new training facility where our players have full access to a great food spread whenever they want it, meanwhile he recently heard about a nearby B12 school who is having to eat off a food truck because they don't have a facility.

My take:  It's not news that money matters, but money is about to matter a whole lot more. More of it will be above board when the new rules take effect -- right now and throughout history way too much has been below board because there were not enough legal ways for programs (boosters) to spend it. In the near future there will be many more legitimate opportunities to invest wealth to gain a competitive advantage.

The landscape is changing, and apparently CBB sees our neighbors to the west as not keeping up with the Hogs on the new frontier. Most other SEC schools will welcome the changes as well, but not many outside the SEC are going to be able to take advantage of it like Arkansas should be able to.

The ability to spend more money on athletes within the new rules especially those coming soon will not mean that boosters and others will cease to do illegal stuff to gain an advantage. Because of that they need to have the rules enforcement and discipline increased exponentially.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LZH

Quote from: RT1941 on August 12, 2014, 08:55:10 am
To hang with the big spenders in this league, you've gotta be willing to open your fat wallet.  IMO, it's high time UA decided we want to freakin compete in this conference even if it means throwing around some dirty money like the rest of the big guys.

Arkansas is just like any other big-time D1 program.

SDZ_Hog

Heard they are switching to RVs for their athletic dorms.  But, don't you go falling in love with it now, because, we're taking it with us when we leave here next month.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on August 12, 2014, 09:22:22 am
Heard they are switching to RVs for their athletic dorms.  But, don't you go falling in love with it now, because, we're taking it with us when we leave here next month.

You serious, Clark? :D

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on August 12, 2014, 09:22:22 am

I think Dorms specifically for and only for athletes are forbidden by the NCAA now.

wholehog92

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 12, 2014, 09:40:07 am
I think Dorms specifically for and only for athletes are forbidden by the NCAA now.

May change with the new rulings.  It's been a sore spot.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"