Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Otha Peters to transfer

Started by Hayden1865, August 11, 2014, 04:37:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayden1865

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

870hogfan

NorCalRazorback

is this real... is this because he's losing his job to a Freshman or Josh Williams?
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

BigBen

SONofHAM

August 11, 2014, 04:41:44 pm #5 Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:42:39 pm by SONofHAM
Are Williams and Ramsey that good?
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

AllHog90

Obviously a reason. Hate to see it.. I was so excited when he flipped from Tennessee!

Hayden1865

Bret Bielema ‏@BretBielema  5m
Otha Peters has decided to transfer from Arkansas. We will assist with the process to find a new home moving forward. Wishing him the best!
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

MJ2

There is so much work put into recruiting them and then it seems like we tend to let them go too quickly.   Hope it's the right thing for the kid.

NorCalRazorback

Gotta think that Randy Ramsey or Josh Williams has something to do with this... wish Otha the best of luck, great kid.
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

HAWG MAFIA

Hopefully this shows the competetion is getting much better at the linebacker position.

Paul

result,s not reputation or how long you've been here, is what will get you on the field with this staff

Arazorbackguy1

If competition is really the reason for the transfer then I hope he's transferring to an SEC West school.  We don't need that attitude on our team.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Wish him luck and hope he can reach his potential elsewhere.

razorbackkid

Well crap...still...wish the young man well.  Continue on Hogs!!!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

870hogfan

He feel behind in the depth chart. Wasn't even running with the two deep and one freshman passed him. Best of luck to the kid tho.

ADavisTheGOAT

He'll probably goto an FCS Louisiana school like McNeese State or someone like that.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

ricepig

Quote from: MJ2 on August 11, 2014, 04:43:15 pm
There is so much work put into recruiting them and then it seems like we tend to let them go too quickly.   Hope it's the right thing for the kid.

Let them go?? We can't make him stay, obviously he didn't like his spot on the depth chart, wish he'd stay.

The_Iceman

When Otha became locking in at MLB and not OLB, that hurt him. Brooks Ellis and Josh Williams were pushing him and he decide to get out now to go find playing time.

Paul

wasn't he running 3rd string behind Ellis & Williams?  Sorry, didn't see your post   

Augustus

Quote from: NorCalRazorback on August 11, 2014, 04:40:22 pm
is this real... is this because he's losing his job to a Freshman or Josh Williams?

Yeah, Bielema said all 3 Freshman LB's would play... so it sounds like some good competition there.

Still, hate to see him go... we could have used the depth.

Best of luck to him

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Augustus on August 11, 2014, 04:51:08 pm
Yeah, Bielema said all 3 Freshman LB's would play... so it sounds like some good competition there.

Still, hate to see him go... we could have used the depth.

Best of luck to him

Especially this late into the season.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

ifghog

Hate to hear that. I was always hoping he would turn into a great player. I wish him the best.

Cinco de Hogo

I guess he can go play for Petrino

I BLEED RBack RED

Awwwe man!!! That really sux!!!! Reality of it is if he can't start here when linebacker is supposed to be a position we have a cupboard half-empty so to speak, then he's gonna have trouble breaking a starting lineup at any FBS school. Good luck Otha. Wish it could've worked out :(
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

go hogues

Does he not remember how often the UA is bitten by the injury bug? ESPECIALLY at LB?!
For that reason alone, he would have had quite a bit of playing time this season. Hope he can find a good home somewhere else.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

secneahog

Sounds like to me those incoming freshman are pretty good.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Augustus

Quote from: go hogues on August 11, 2014, 05:01:51 pm
Does he not remember how often the UA is bitten by the injury bug? ESPECIALLY at LB?!
For that reason alone, he would have had quite a bit of playing time this season. Hope he can find a good home somewhere else.

You would think He would know that better than anyone, but...

VirginiaHog

The freshman,  while good, are on the outside.  He is a mlb. He was third behind Ellis and Williams.

Doug

Otha's always been a very classy guy... I hate that he's transferring (I just about did backflips when we yanked him from Tinnar), but if it's a PT/Depth issue, I'm not surprised at this.

Remember that he was recruited (and flipped) by a Petrino staff/system. That may have also played into his decision.

The fact that CBB posted this publicly and said that he and his staff will do whatever they can to assist Otha tells me that Peters is leaving on *very* good terms with the team.

We don't know the whole story here, so let's keep our thoughts based off of what we DO know. :)

Otha leaving does hurt us in the EXPERIENCE department... was hoping to see him emerge as a leader or captain this year or next.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Hawgzinbowlz

ricepig

Otha: Nothing but love to the UofA from me but I must continue my playing career somewhere else! #WPS

cosmodrum

Wanted big things for him. Oh well, good luck, bud.
Go away, batin'

Nosboar Accubond

Buddy said he heard a rumor he may have been asked to try fullback? Another indicator he may have fallen too far on the depth chart...

ldfergu

Quote from: ricepig on August 11, 2014, 05:15:39 pm
Otha: Nothing but love to the UofA from me but I must continue my playing career somewhere else! #WPS

Well that's classy. Sucks he's leaving bc we always need depth at LB... Good luck to ya

BatesvilleHOG

Appreciate the effort he put forth in the name of everything Razorback. Hope he can find a nice comfortable place to blossom.

Also, looking forward to the rotation developing at linebacker. Gonna have a special group there in the future.

ricepig

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on August 11, 2014, 05:21:59 pm
Buddy said he heard a rumor he may have been asked to try fullback? Another indicator he may have fallen too far on the depth chart...

Could be possible, Bielema said they were going to try some new ones at FB and he didn't want to name them until he tried them.

Speaking of FB: Arkansas will put fullback Chris Jones on its 105-man roster in place of Otha Peters.

trashcan maN

Ya, it sounds like they settled on Williams at #2 and asked Otha to try FB today, and as his Twitter said, he wasnt "feeling it"

tophawg19

sad . we really needed this kid available this year. he would have played good minutes . I'm betting ASU for him too .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

BigSexyHog

This sucks, but best of luck to him.  He was one of my favorites
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 11, 2014, 05:30:28 pm
Ya, it sounds like they settled on Williams at #2 and asked Otha to try FB today, and as his Twitter said, he wasnt "feeling it"
FB? I believe you but dang that seems odd.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on August 11, 2014, 05:43:12 pm
FB? I believe you but dang that seems odd.

Speculation. May be true, may not. Let's wait for confirmation. We will know soon enough.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 11, 2014, 05:30:28 pm

He wasn't "feeling it" 2 days ago, now, he may have been asked to try FB, that I don't know.

Music City Hog

I hate to lose any LB.  Otha seems like a good kid.  How in the world he couldnt get playing time with our LB group is beyond me.  Good luck. 

Cave City Joe

Best of luck and thanks for all his hard work at U of A.  Hope he finds a good school he can get some starting time on. 
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Jek Tono Porkins

This one is kind of a head-scratcher. Otha was an all-SEC freshman. How do you go from that to not being able to find playing time? Either his stock fell dramatically after his injury or we've got some good linebackers this year. Doesn't make sense to me...
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Hawgzinbowlz

I like the way CBB handles situations like this. When it's time to go, help the young man get the best fit possible for his future.... and move on.
This attitude will be a part of the locker room and CBB will maintain respectful relationships as a result.

" GO HOGS "

gmarv

wish nothing but the best for the kid,shame it didn,t work out.