Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs Auburn 2014

Started by NorCalRazorback, August 11, 2014, 04:36:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCalRazorback

Many of you may have seen this article, but if not you should read the whole article:  http://flywareagle.com/2014/08/01/5-reasons-auburn-worried-arkansas-part-3/

This year here is what's different:

Brandon Allen is not injured and hopefully no one else will be since it's the first game.
Ben Herbert has made us stronger everywhere and we can be more physical.
The Defensive Line is solid, as are our Linebackers, Secondary - and we have a better scheme.
We have 3 great running backs - one with scary, scary speed.
Receivers are better, and our tight ends are solid
The O-Line should be wearing blaze orange vests and hard hats, since they are pure Road Graders.
A more robust offensive playbook.
No film on us for AU to study.
3 weeks to prepare (plus the other 4 months of tape watching that has gone on).

Again... the prediction is 28 - 27 Arkansas gets a huge momentum burst.
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

CokeHog

Wow. That is a really good read. It does a great job analyzing the game last year. Basically, his perspective is that if we had not shot ourselves in the foot about 5 or 6 times we could have won that game!
Go Hogs!

TheRazorback500

And we continued to shoot ourselves in the foot against Miss State and LSU. We gotta clear that up!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hogfansince79

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Pigor Mortis

Good analysis and good homer attempt to get the team focused, but we are 21.5 underdogs.  I think they are counting October 4 (LSU) as their first conference game.

Arkansas WR

Great read. He was really high on Bielema as a good coach. All 5 parts kept me interested.

code red

Quote from: estuman on August 13, 2014, 11:10:33 am
What about the article "Why Arkansas should be worried?"

1. They only threw the ball 8 times & now have the best WR corps in the SEC
2. Gus Malzhan returns his starting QB for the first time in Gus' 9 seasons in college.
3. Auburn has added 5* depth on the Defense in the last two recruiting classes..
4. Auburn's Depth at OL & DL may be the best in the league. It all starts up front.
5. Auburn's last 3 games were BIG STAGE Iron Bowl, SECCG, NCG & this game is at home.
These are legitimate facts that cannot be ignored.  As much they don't have film on us..we don't have film on them.  I just don't see how anyone could predict the Hogs win this game.  I wish and hope like heck we win.  But, there is no evidence that we will...none.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Al Boarland

Quote from: code red on August 13, 2014, 02:34:46 pm
These are legitimate facts that cannot be ignored.  As much they don't have film on us..we don't have film on them.  I just don't see how anyone could predict the Hogs win this game.  I wish and hope like heck we win.  But, there is no evidence that we will...none.

They aren't.  It's just an attempt to get some content out there. 

lefty08

I think the majority of hog fans believe we can win every game, its normal. Take a look around at other message boards and u will see the same thing. Agreeing with AU trolls on this site doesnt make u realistic, they believe the same things as everyone else
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

MJ2

Honestly, the best time to play AU is probably early.    They will steadily improve as the season moves along.   So, if the Hogs have a shot, early is best.   We, and all the rest of college football will see if the offseason and 9 months of preparation for a known foe will pay off for the Hogs.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: code red on August 13, 2014, 02:34:46 pm

In terms of experienced depth at the individual two deep (three deep for RB's) per projected depth charts, here is how it all lays out for the Auburn game. Of course this could change for both teams over the next two weeks with changes in depth charts or unanticipated injuries. This is the average games of career experience at each position.

Hogs                Auburn
QB                                16 & 0               13 & 6
RB                                  14                      11
WR                                  9                       19
TE                                  10                      26
OL                                  12                      15

DE                                  16                       13
DT                                   7                       26
LB                                   11                      12
CB                                  18                       24
S                                    22                      18

There are very few positions where Arkansas has more average career game experience than Auburn. 3 out of 10. But there are a few others that are close. You can see why the odds makers, national sports pundits and Auburn fans are already chalking this one up as a win.

But not so fast my friend, this very well may turn out to be a much more competitive game than most expect.
Go Hogs Go!

Missooie

Who is Hunter Harvey? ???  ??? ???

I can't wait for the day when Arkansas players can actually be named correctly by other teams.

Al Boarland

Quote from: MJ2 on August 14, 2014, 07:19:37 am
Honestly, the best time to play AU is probably early.    They will steadily improve as the season moves along.   So, if the Hogs have a shot, early is best.   We, and all the rest of college football will see if the offseason and 9 months of preparation for a known foe will pay off for the Hogs.

You could say the best time to play any team is early.  The same could be said for our Hogs.  Unless you are trying to say that Auburn, in particular, is best to play early and that logic doesn't hold water with all they have returning.