Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What if we hadn't given away the Rutgers, Miss St, and LSU last year?

Started by HogMantheIntruder, August 11, 2014, 02:25:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMantheIntruder

Considering how close we were to being bowl eligible last season, I'm wondering how much different our August predictions would be if Allen had played against Rutgers, AC hadn't fumbled the ball, and our D hadn't given up that big pass by a rookie QB in the final minute.  If those three things hadn't happened, we would have gone bowling last year; I don't think many would dispute that. 

So what if we had made it to 6?  What would you expect for this season if everything else had been the same, but the ball had bounced our way just a little bit?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

razorbackkid

If we had won those three games and ended up with 6 wins...I'd expect 9 this year.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

three hog night

The complainers would have been less nasty to deal with, but they would still be visible. 
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

sickboy

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 11, 2014, 02:31:26 pm
If we had won those three games and ended up with 6 wins...I'd expect 9 this year.

Which goes to show you how illogical fans are.

Hawghiggs

LRHawg

The Rutgers series came at the worst possible time. That said, should have won last year.

carolinahogger

We didn't give those games away.  The other teams took them.

kingcam25

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: kingcam25 on August 11, 2014, 03:15:42 pm
I'll even throw another one in there we shoulda beat A&M

No way. We were in that game about like we were in the Auburn game. Maybe a little more.
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 11, 2014, 03:29:18 pm
No way. We were in that game about like we were in the Auburn game. Maybe a little more.

Agreed.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

chitwnhog

Wildhog

That MSU game was some of the worst football I've ever seen, on any level. 

If we don't play like a bag of hammered arseholes, we win that one going away.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dwight_K_Shrute

I use those close losses to justify why it is in the realm of probability that we are 6-6 this year and to quit dwelling on 3-9.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Wildhog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 11, 2014, 03:32:40 pm
I use those close losses to justify why it is in the realm of probability that we are 6-6 this year and to quit dwelling on 3-9.

We ARE going to win six games this year.
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

That MSU game, though. Just atrocious football from both teams. Both teams whatever they possibly could to lose it. We out-worsed them.
Go away, batin'