Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robb Smith

Started by swinesation, August 11, 2014, 11:46:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas WR

I like the aggressive playstyle. Especially love hearing about the corners practicing press coverage. I was so tired of seeing them 10 yards off the ball every play and not having a chance for an interception, or being able to help stop the run. Robb Smith has been impressive in every interview i have watched him in. Im ready to see what this new style of defense can do.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 11, 2014, 02:35:45 pm
Take a xanax...or a vacation.

I'll take 30 of the former and 7 of the latter....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

kaptainkory

Quote from: MrThunderhog on August 13, 2014, 06:40:47 pm
You do realize this is the best staff ever assembled anywhere and if we were smart we would sign them all to lifetime contracts and give them all a lifetime membership in the jelly of the month club.

Ive only been on here a couple of years but it seems like everyday somebody has to mention how great the staff is and its the best ever at Arkansas. What ever happened to the old adage let their record speak for itself?

But I totally agree with your post, it gets quite comical right up until the point reality sets in.

One thing I love about the schedule this year...  No excuses out of the gate!  We'll know immediately where we stand.  No kicking reality down the road as we string together 10 point wins--and struggle doing it--over third-tier teams we should be smashing by 30.

* No "it's only the first game and we just aren't clicking yet."  (Plenty of teams look mighty good in game one, why can't we ever?)

* No "the coaches are holding back most of the playbook for tougher competition later on."  (When has our play ever looked *significantly* different between easier and tougher competition?)

Cave City Joe

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 11, 2014, 01:03:28 pm
This is normally the case. However I have heard a lot of the DB's mention Coach Smith

So true, but made me laugh  +1
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

lefty08

Quote from: kaptainkory on August 13, 2014, 08:07:48 pm
One thing I love about the schedule this year...  No excuses out of the gate!  We'll know immediately where we stand.  No kicking reality down the road as we string together 10 point wins--and struggle doing it--over third-tier teams we should be smashing by 30.

* No "it's only the first game and we just aren't clicking yet."  (Plenty of teams look mighty good in game one, why can't we ever?)

* No "the coaches are holding back most of the playbook for tougher competition later on."  (When has our play ever looked *significantly* different between easier and tougher competition?)

either u have a short memory or youre 8.....which is it?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

MrThunderhog

Quote from: lefty08 on August 13, 2014, 08:30:11 pm
either u have a short memory or youre 8.....which is it?

how is he wrong?
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

LZH

Quote from: MrThunderhog on August 13, 2014, 06:40:47 pmIve only been on here a couple of years but it seems like everyday somebody has to mention how great the staff is and its the best ever at Arkansas. What ever happened to the old adage let their record speak for itself?

They'll deny it til they're blue in the face, but these very people said the same exact things about Petrino and his staff of Carroll College cult followers.  Then, even after watching how we looked last year, they were still delusional enough to say it about our current crop of coaching studs....immediately following a 3-9 season.

But pointing this out makes me negative.

lefty08

Quote from: MrThunderhog on August 13, 2014, 09:15:20 pm
how is he wrong?

Somewhere between the part where he started to type and the part where he hit the enter key
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

lefty08

Quote from: LZH on August 13, 2014, 09:31:01 pm
They'll deny it til they're blue in the face, but these very people said the same exact things about Petrino and his staff of Carroll College cult followers.  Then, even after watching how we looked last year, they were still delusional enough to say it about our current crop of coaching studs....immediately following a 3-9 season.

But pointing this out makes me negative.

What happened to the wait and see led?  People need to quit judging this staff off of one year. If thats the case nutt was the best coach we have ever had

hoglady

Gotta feeling most of us will be happy Ash headed to easier pastures at Ohio St.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

LZH

Quote from: lefty08 on August 13, 2014, 10:07:25 pm
What happened to the wait and see led?  People need to quit judging this staff off of one year. If thats the case nutt was the best coach we have ever had

I wasn't really talking about the coaches, I was referring to the band-wagoneers who diefy whatever coach is wearing the headset at the time.  You know 'em, we all do....'they walk among us'.

hoglady

Quote from: lefty08 on August 13, 2014, 10:07:25 pm

Well we did have a pretty good overhaul of staff on the defensive side of the ball.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

chitwnhog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 13, 2014, 07:03:58 pm
I'll take 30 of the former and 7 of the latter....

But not all at once...

razorbackfanatic

Quote from: swinesation on August 11, 2014, 12:45:21 pm
Thanks guys - I'm feeling better.

Mostly I get my info on MMQ, focusing on the occasional thread that has substance to it. So I guess my main issue is very little has been shared on MMQ about things heard from coaches, players, and media about Smith.

In other words, I think it was about time for this thread. :) I appreciate the information!

U gotta watch the uncut interviews after every practice! It's the best info available IMO! I love it and u can totally see an all new excitement level this season from all the coaches and players. It's not just press spinning it that way, they are excited and the confidence level is way up. We are gonna shock a few teams this season. I truly see a bowl berth!

razorbackfanatic

Quote from: Arkansas WR on August 13, 2014, 06:44:39 pm
I like the aggressive playstyle. Especially love hearing about the corners practicing press coverage. I was so tired of seeing them 10 yards off the ball every play and not having a chance for an interception, or being able to help stop the run. Robb Smith has been impressive in every interview i have watched him in. Im ready to see what this new style of defense can do.

Totally agree, +1