Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are the 4 Horsemen the best faction of all time?

Started by motownhog, August 11, 2014, 11:28:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

motownhog

I am 33 yrs old but I have a great respect and place in my heart for late 80's, early 90's NWA/WCW thanks to my dad. Growing up in Arkansas we were always a NWA/WCW family because it was more "southern" as my dad would say so WCW Saturday Night in the early 90's is my favorite time in wrestling. So, my question is, are the Four Horsemen the best faction to every happen in pro wrestling? Without them, there is no NWO, DX, Evolution, The Shield.

Sorry about the little bio about me in the beiginning, just most folks my age dont appreciate this history of wrestling.  :razorback:
I'm a grandson of the southland boys, an heir to the confederacy

BigSexyHog

If they aren't #1 they are really close.  Loved the early days of the NWO and Evolution along with the 4 horsemen
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Hogwop

Yeah BS got it right. nWo, 4 horsemen, evolution or DX
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

BigSexyHog

Also loved the fabulous freebirds.  Michael PS Hayes was awesome....
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogwop on August 12, 2014, 01:09:45 am
Yeah BS got it right. nWo, 4 horsemen, evolution or DX

Please, don't mention evolution with those other 3.

hvsupastar

Without the four horseman, there is the nwo. Without the fabulous free birds there is no nwo. NWO were cool, Free Birds were cool. Horseman were great heels, but they weren't cool.

For me is NWO,  Horseman, Freebirds,  Original DX, Evolution, HHH led DX
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

hawkhawg

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

zane

Early NWO was tough. Hard to call them a faction in the later days since they made up half of the WCW roster
RIP LSUfan

dhornjr1

The original Four Horsemen.

Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, and Ole Anderson with J.J. Dillinger.

No less an authority than Jim Ross said that without the Horsemen, there would be no NWO, no DX, no Million Dollar Corporation, no Evolution.

They were the first and they were the best.

Diamonds are forever, and so are the Horsemen.

hawkhawg

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on October 23, 2014, 09:23:06 pm
The original Four Horsemen.

Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, and Ole Anderson with J.J. Dillinger.

No less an authority than Jim Ross said that without the Horsemen, there would be no NWO, no DX, no Million Dollar Corporation, no Evolution.

They were the first and they were the best.

Diamonds are forever, and so are the Horsemen.

The Freebirds were battling the Von Erich's a few years before the horsemen came along.

dhornjr1

Quote from: hawkhawg on October 23, 2014, 09:51:28 pm
The Freebirds were battling the Von Erich's a few years before the horsemen came along.

If you really want to go back, Jimmy Hart had the first stable with the First Family back in the 70's.

But the Horsemen were the first group put together to specifically be a stable.

I guess you could say that the Horsemen were a natural "evolution" of what Jimmy Hart and the Freebirds had done. 8)

dhornjr1

Damn. I just read that Buddy Roberts died. I hate to hear that.

pigture perfect

The stable of Skandar Ahkbar were better than the horsemen.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dhornjr1

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 23, 2014, 11:03:26 pm
The stable of Skandar Ahkbar were better than the horsemen.

I don't even know who you are any more. ;)

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln