Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scholarship for Henson

Started by jbcarol, August 10, 2014, 07:34:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Otis Kirk @OtisKirk247  ·  19m
Senior walk-on kicker awarded a scholarship at Arkansas (FREE) http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Senior-walk-on-kicker-awarded-a-scholarship-at-Arkansas-30208087 ... via @247Sports #Bolt #WPS #Hogs #NeverYield
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

lefty08

Well deserved! Congrats john!
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Uncommon

AJ Derby received a scholarship today as well.  Believe that puts us at 83 scholarship players.  Interesting statistic, all 19 seniors are on scholarship.

JIHawg

When scholarships free up at this time of year, better to use them on seniors.  That ties the 85 limit up for just one year.  There always seems to be rhyme and reason to this staff's moves.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

TheJoeyBucketz

I may be off base a bit here, but I like this because it's something bielema did to kind of "take care" of a player in a way. He didn't have to give him that scholly. The kid was gonna be here through the year anyway.

Word gets around when the coach has the players backs.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Hawgzinbowlz

Congratulations Mr. Henson.

CBB is a do right coach and this sends a message today. This same message will reverberate in future years.

" GO HOGS "

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Awesome news to hear about Derby too. Well deserved.

HogFanatic

Congratulations to both of these young men! Not much else to say really. Job well done.

thefisher

From the article
QuoteArkansas kicker John Henson, who is a senior, was awarded a scholarship today by Bret Bielema, who has said he wants to build a strong walk-on program at Arkansas.

This was key in the heydays of Nebraska and also critical at Wisconsin for Bielema.  This staff just does a whole lot of things right.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Hawgzinbowlz

The Boar War

Quote from: thefisher on August 10, 2014, 08:52:49 pm
From the article
This was key in the heydays of Nebraska and also critical at Wisconsin for Bielema.  This staff just does a whole lot of things right.

And critical for Bielema himself at Iowa.

hog.goblin

Doing it the right way.  I like it.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Proud of these two young men!  Proud of Head Coach Bret Bielema for taking care of his players.  Word gets around, this will help in recruiting and in building a solid walk on program. 

Hawgey-Davidson

Congrats are in order to the parents as well. Bet that was a phone call that was one to remember.

jbcarol

Robbie Neiswanger @NWARobbie  ·  2h

Also, tight end AJ Derby and kicker John Henson were awarded scholarships. Reaction from both players - http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/sports/derby-henson-earn-scholarships ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

ifghog

I am super happy for these guys! That is a huge deal!