Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marvin Lewis: Tyler Wilson ready to play in Bengals’ second preseason game

Started by HamIAm, August 10, 2014, 05:30:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamIAm

Hogustus Caesar

Sure wish that young man the best.
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

chitwnhog

Hopefully he will be able to catch on with the Bengals.

Hogarusa

Good luck to him, not a great spot but I didn't think he would have any shot after getting cut by the Titans
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

TXArcher

Lets see what happens, maybe the best place to land.

WardamnHOGGLE

Probably one of the toughest qb's we ever had. Considering the circus he went through here, I hope he lands a spot on the team.  A great young man.

HogFanatic

Very glad he is getting another shot. I too figured he may not get another one. Good for him!

intelligence

Quote from: WardamnHOGGLE on August 10, 2014, 06:48:08 pm
Probably one of the toughest qb's we ever had. Considering the circus he went through here, I hope he lands a spot on the team.  A great young man.
No doubt he was tough as nail for the hogs. He took alot of punishment under center for the razorbacks. He and cobi came back for their senior seasons despite the turmoil and uncertainty. Got alot of love for that. Obviously, these teams must see something in him that they would keep giving him chances to prove himself. Here's to hoping he's able to stick somewhere as at least a 3rd stringer

SamBuckhart

Good luck to Tyler Wilson. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: intelligence on August 10, 2014, 06:59:20 pm
No doubt he was tough as nail for the hogs. He took alot of punishment under center for the razorbacks. He and cobi came back for their senior seasons despite the turmoil and uncertainty. Got alot of love for that. Obviously, these teams must see something in him that they would keep giving him chances to prove himself. Here's to hoping he's able to stick somewhere as at least a 3rd stringer

Both came back thinking BP would be there.  Had this happen before the deadline to go into the draft they probably would have left their junior years.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

intelligence

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 10, 2014, 07:31:52 pm
Both came back thinking BP would be there.  Had this happen before the deadline to go into the draft they probably would have left their junior years.

I stand corrected. My point was that i appreciated them coming back for their senior seasons

FaytownHog

They now have 5 qb's on the roster so you know 2 are gonna get cut still and 1 sent to the practice squad so he's gonna have to learn and show out with a quickness to make it still but I'm rooting for him anyway! Could you imagine if he and Cobi both make the team? Wilson to Hamilton for a TD in the NFL....it COULD happen...:D

Hawghiggs

Casey Dick and Tyler Wilson both deserved better.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hawghiggs on August 10, 2014, 09:36:33 pm
Casey Dick and Tyler Wilson both deserved better.

There are a lot of players under the last two A holes that deserved better. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 10, 2014, 09:45:22 pm

The last "a hole" did a great job for all 3 QBs that he had.  Casey got him late though and Wilson didn't leave early enough. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Jek Tono Porkins

This whole situation makes me mad. What Tyler needs is what Mallett has right now; a team that already has an established NFL QB that Tyler can sit behind and learn from. Seems to me that if you're going to draft someone in the 4th round you ought to at least be committed to them for one season.

Oakland was just about the worst possible place Tyler could have gone.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Klenakis owes Tyler a boatload of money.  Those lines took 10 years off his career from the hits they ole'd LB's on whiff blocks.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Hogarusa

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on August 11, 2014, 12:03:36 am
This whole situation makes me mad. What Tyler needs is what Mallett has right now; a team that already has an established NFL QB that Tyler can sit behind and learn from. Seems to me that if you're going to draft someone in the 4th round you ought to at least be committed to them for one season.

Oakland was just about the worst possible place Tyler could have gone.

Oakland was a spot for him to come in immediately and challenge to start.  Mallett isn't exactly reaping the benefits of sitting behind Brady for 3 years.

three hog night

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on August 11, 2014, 12:05:39 am
Klenakis owes Tyler a boatload of money.  Those lines took 10 years off his career from the hits they ole'd LB's on whiff blocks.

No kidding!   TW took a beating that klenakis should be ashamed of.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

HamIAm

Quote from: FaytownHog on August 10, 2014, 09:17:22 pm
They now have 5 qb's on the roster so you know 2 are gonna get cut still and 1 sent to the practice squad so he's gonna have to learn and show out with a quickness to make it still but I'm rooting for him anyway! Could you imagine if he and Cobi both make the team? Wilson to Hamilton for a TD in the NFL....it COULD happen...:D

This ESPN writer says Wilson was signed to provide a third passer during practice since Campbell and McCarron are both injured.  Campbell is expected back this week but McCarron hasn't practiced yet this year.  McCarron says he can go, but he's had tightness in his shoulder ever since he arrived last spring and the Bengals want to rest him out of caution.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/9923/bengals-training-camp-wake-up-call-areas-watch-day-13

Hawgboy64

Until Tyler learns to read a defense and puts the time in the film room, he will never make it in the NFL.  Hooking up with an Arena team and going the Kurt Warner route would probably be the best thing for him.  Go ahead and bash me but, it's all true.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on August 11, 2014, 10:30:52 am
Until Tyler learns to read a defense and puts the time in the film room, he will never make it in the NFL.  Hooking up with an Arena team and going the Kurt Warner route would probably be the best thing for him.  Go ahead and bash me but, it's all true.

Problem is Arena ball isn't quite what it used.  AFL1 paid ok back before they went bankrupt.  Starting salary was $31,000 average was $80,000 and some players made six figures.  Now players make around $15,000 per year.

I think the NFL would be well served with a developmental league in the Spring.  Not some of the half A stuff that has been tried before but one with the full weight and support of the NFL behind it and based in the US, not some NFL Europe BS.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

JayBell

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 11, 2014, 11:14:57 amProblem is Arena ball isn't quite what it used.  AFL1 paid ok back before they went bankrupt.  Starting salary was $31,000 average was $80,000 and some players made six figures.  Now players make around $15,000 per year.

I think the NFL would be well served with a developmental league in the Spring.  Not some of the half A stuff that has been tried before but one with the full weight and support of the NFL behind it and based in the US, not some NFL Europe BS.

Which is why I hope they find a way to make the minor league football league happen.  The owners are most interested in getting a minor league together to benefit guys who need some more development in between college and the NFL.  Wilson would be a prime candidate to play some in the minor league.

Could you imagine a minor league football team in Little Rock with Tyler Wilson as quarterback?  That'd be kinda fun.

Nipsey Mussle

Ashdownpanther

Houston Texans are in dire need of a qb..... I hope they give mallet a look, but the price would be high.  It would be nice if Tyler got a shot down here and hung on.  Wouldn't it be cool if Dennis Johnston, Joe Adams, and Tyler all made the team here!  I might even buy a ticket.

ricepig

jneal56

My all time favorite Hog. I was very critical of him at first but his grit, courage and desire to win by standing in that pocket knowing he was going to get hammered, earned my respect and the number one spot in my mind. Hope he does well.
"At least we are moral"

HognotinMemphis

He will do well if he makes their practice team for the coming season.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 10, 2014, 09:45:22 pm

There are a lot of players under the last THREE A holes that deserved better.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Ashdownpanther on August 11, 2014, 05:54:53 pm
Houston Texans are in dire need of a qb..... I hope they give mallet a look, but the price would be high.  It would be nice if Tyler got a shot down here and hung on.  Wouldn't it be cool if Dennis Johnston, Joe Adams, and Tyler all made the team here!  I might even buy a ticket.

DJ just got let go there

fakebobholt

Razor1997

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 11, 2014, 07:33:55 am
Oakland was a spot for him to come in immediately and challenge to start.  Mallett isn't exactly reaping the benefits of sitting behind Brady for 3 years.

I was happy for Mallett to go to New England at first, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that Brady will be the Patriots' starter until he's 50 years old.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: Razor1997 on August 12, 2014, 05:44:35 pm
I was happy for Mallett to go to New England at first, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that Brady will be the Patriots' starter until he's 50 years old.
I wouldn't say that's obvious. Every NFL QB is a play away from a season-ending or career-ending injury, and the risk increases with age. While it's true that Brady has proven himself very durable over his career, that doesn't mean he's invincible.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Hogarusa

Unless injury happens, Brady has another 3-5 seasons to go.  He has made it known for a long time that he intends to play as long as his mind and body are capable

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 12, 2014, 05:58:06 pm
Unless injury happens, Brady has another 3-5 seasons to go.  He has made it known for a long time that he intends to play as long as his mind and body are capable
I just don't see that happening. I can't imagine Brady as the Pats starter at age 42 (and he's not playing if he's not starting).

The Divine Swine

Quote from: HamIAm on August 10, 2014, 05:30:05 pm
Writer doesn't seem too impressed.  But he's got his foot in the door at least.
http://fansided.com/2014/08/10/cincinnati-bengals-sign-tyler-wilson/

so will Tyler get any preseason playing time if still with Cincy at that time?
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

jbcarol

Bengals.com: Hamilton-Wilson reunion surfaces as WRs scramble

New Bengals quarterback Tyler Wilson may end up playing against the Jets Saturday night even though he just got here.

QuoteTwo old college buddies have a chance to hook up for a reunion Saturday 7 p.m. at Paul Brown Stadium because it looks like the newest Bengal is going to get a chance to quarterback against the Jets.

And if Tyler Wilson gets that shot, he'll be looking for Cobi Hamilton. When Hamilton caught a school-record 90 balls and 1,355 yards at Arkansas, Wilson admitted Tuesday, "I think senior year he was the only person I threw it to. "

"That's my guy. He's a great quarterback, great kid," Hamilton said before Tuesday's practice. "I played my last two seasons with him. He's capable of doing everything in this league. He belongs in this league. I hope the opportunity comes for him where he can show people he belongs in this league. I'm excited for him. I'm excited to be in the same locker room with again."

As can be expected, both are in each other's corner and after having that huge wave of success at Arkansas, both are searching for it here. Hamilton, a sixth-round pick a year ago, is grappling for a roster spot at one of the deepest positions in the NFL after serving on the practice squad in 2013 and has just been handed a huge opportunity with Marvin Jones' broken foot.

Wilson, a fourth-round pick of the Raiders in 2013, is just looking for a shot, never mind a spot. After getting lost in a sauce already bubbling with young quarterbacks like Matt Flynn and Terrelle Pryor, Wilson got plucked by Tennessee from the Raiders' practice squad in December. But when the guys that did the plucking were fired two weeks later, last Tuesday's release was virtually sealed...

Good, long read.

Reminds that Dowell Loggains was a coach with the Titans that recommended Wilson be brought over.

Bengals wide receivers coach James Urban says that Cobi has to improve on the 50/50 balls.  Also he is lacking experience on Special Teams where they have needs.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

ICYMI: Bengals' updates on a Cobi-Tyler reunion with quotes and detail from the position coaches on Cobi's status.

Quote from: jbcarol on August 13, 2014, 11:59:29 am
Bengals.com: Hamilton-Wilson reunion surfaces as WRs scramble

New Bengals quarterback Tyler Wilson may end up playing against the Jets Saturday night even though he just got here.

Good, long read.

Reminds that Dowell Loggains was a coach with the Titans that recommended Wilson be brought over.

Bengals wide receivers coach James Urban says that Cobi has to improve on the 50/50 balls.  Also he is lacking experience on Special Teams where they have needs.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

three hog night

I am happy Tyler has a chance to at least show his skills until Campbell comes back.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

chitwnhog

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on August 11, 2014, 12:05:39 am

Well Coach K has always been highly regarded. The fact that two TRUE Freshmen came in and started the next year is on recruiting. You can blame whomever for that.

jbcarol

Bengals have gone with Scott since Dalton left the game and their offense has stalled.  Another turnover on a Scott-led drive.

Jets 16  Bengals 17  late in the 3rd in the Jungle.

Fayettechill14

Nearing the end of the third:

Matt Scott  5/14, 29 yards, 3 sacks, 1 fumble lost

Offense hasn't scored yet with him on the field. Wilson may have an opportunity here to make an impression.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Incomplete on 3rd down intended for Cobi.  One of those 50-50 balls that he did not get.

jbcarol