Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jarius Wright SCORCHES Richard Sherman

Started by trashcan maN, August 10, 2014, 01:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

https://vine.co/v/MQdvYmPq6br

I thought some of you might enjoy this.

By all accounts, J.Wright is poised for a breakout season. Hopefully Cassell/Bridgewater can get him the ball.

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Capt. Hamm

three hog night

He even held jarius for a bit and still got torched
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Speedracer

Excited to see what Wright does this season
Like smites bother me.

lwillin

JIHawg

Hogarusa

We know this is from November '13, correct?  Or are we just reliving highlights?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

1highhog

Thanks for the upload, that was a thing of beauty.

hogfan14

He was the only WR to beat Sherman on a go route all year

HogInFlorida

Quote from: hogfan14 on August 10, 2014, 03:42:41 pm
He was the only WR to beat Sherman on a go route all year

TY Hilton also burned him once. They were the only 2
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

SemperFi

Had that pass been better thrown Sherman doesn't even touch him outside of the hold as Wright was blowing past him.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Jek Tono Porkins

I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

HogInFlorida

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on August 10, 2014, 03:50:14 pm
That acceleration tho...

It seems like J Wright has definitely gotten faster since being drafted. He was plenty fast here but always looked and played more like a very short possession receiver with a knack for getting open. Now he's playing like a little speedster.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Hogarusa on August 10, 2014, 02:51:52 pm
We know this is from November '13, correct?  Or are we just reliving highlights?

Why not

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hog N Bama

chitwnhog

Great move by Jarius. Goes to show you even the best (and Sherman is one of the best) get burned from time to time.

Break & Run

I wanna see the whole play bc I bet it's a PA pass with a fake to Adrian Peterson.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The Chief on August 10, 2014, 01:38:21 pm
He made Sherman look dumb.
Sherman's feeble attempt at a grab as JW was flying past brought back nightmares for me when remembering some of the attempts at pass defense by some of our DBs last year.

SamBuckhart

Haha. Thanks for this. I needed a good laugh.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

hogfan14

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 10, 2014, 04:06:10 pm
It seems like J Wright has definitely gotten faster since being drafted. He was plenty fast here but always looked and played more like a very short possession receiver with a knack for getting open. Now he's playing like a little speedster.

They tossed him the ball out of the backfield in their preseason game the other day and it shocked me how fast he looked too. He got 17 yards on the play. I remember him being quick obviously but he was moving!

HognotinMemphis

What does this have to do with the current season of Razorback football?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Break & Run on August 10, 2014, 07:10:01 pm
I wanna see the whole play bc I bet it's a PA pass with a fake to Adrian Peterson.

It was but Sherman didnt react to the play action; instead he reacts to Wright running a deep out only to have Wright fake him out and go deep. 

http://i1.wp.com/presnapreads.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/2014-02-19-00_09_24.gif
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

VT HOG

J wright  is such a great route runner, he always has been. I remember when he burned LSU his freshman year on a stop and go,  it was a thing of beauty.

PygmalionEffect

Jarius Wright is a winner, always around the ball, making plays.

I think we were playing a&m in that big second half comeback, Coby Hamilton makes a catch, couple great moves, but gets the ball punched out.  Jarius comes out of nowhere, out-races three aggies and snatches it in the end zone.

We don't make that comeback without that play.  Guy's a winner.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Break & Run

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on August 10, 2014, 11:23:06 pm
Jarius Wright is a winner, always around the ball, making plays.

I think we were playing a&m in that big second half comeback, Coby Hamilton makes a catch, couple great moves, but gets the ball punched out.  Jarius comes out of nowhere, out-races three aggies and snatches it in the end zone.

We don't make that comeback without that play.  Guy's a winner.

You forget about his, like, 300 yards receiving in that game.  LOL
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

trashcan maN

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 10, 2014, 09:58:12 pm
What does this have to do with the current season of Razorback football?
Topics on this board often contain stuff about past Razorbacks. Go nag your boyfriend..

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 11, 2014, 07:57:55 am
Topics on this board often contain stuff about past Razorbacks. Go nag your boyfriend..
MMQB supposed to be only about topics directly related to the current season of Razorback football as of Aug 3rd.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

three hog night

I think we can make some leeway for a Hog in the NFL.  I would rather us allow that than some harsh negativity.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 11, 2014, 09:34:57 am
MMQB supposed to be only about topics directly related to the current season of Razorback football as of Aug 3rd.

you're nothing if not consistent.

trashcan maN

If he wants to delete it, he can and will. No need for you to come here shedding tears.

LJHOG

SEC WR vs. PAC10 DB = predictable result

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

GolfnHog

Aww, did someone take your crayolas while you were at recess?
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

BPsTheMan

Then why did you slobber over participating in the Tyler Wilson threads, while getting in shots at him. That thread was way past Aug 3rd.