Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tony Stewart Might Have Overdone It

Started by Porked Tongue, August 09, 2014, 11:58:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: hogs24 on August 13, 2014, 10:28:20 pm
not sure what you're goin for there but ok..

Agreed...

Is there a video at pace speed? Maybe 25-35 MPH that shows how the front wheels affect steering at slow speeds when weight is actually on them? Because Stewart wasn't going as fast as the guy in that video when he hit Ward.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

earshot

Quote from: grayhawg on August 13, 2014, 04:58:24 pm
SIAP here is what a witness who was right behind Stewart saw.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/13/driver-who-witnessed-tragedy-tony-stewart-did-everything-in-his-power-to-avoid-kevin-ward-jr/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

So the cars in front and behind Stewart saw the kid no problem but Tony - the best driver on the track- didn't until the last second and mashed the gas as the only way to avoid him.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: earshot on August 14, 2014, 08:56:19 am
So the cars in front and behind Stewart saw the kid no problem but Tony - the best driver on the track- didn't until the last second and mashed the gas as the only way to avoid him.

He wasn't exactly a stationary target. The kid actually ran toward the oncoming cars.
[CENSORED]!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

I actually thought of this as well.  Really can't know either way, but it's a valid question.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 14, 2014, 09:32:12 am
He wasn't exactly a stationary target. The kid actually ran toward the oncoming cars.

Facts are only for objective people. They have no place in this discussion for some  :(

hoghelmet14

The blame game in here is directly proportionate as to whether you like Tony or Not...
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogs24 on August 13, 2014, 05:18:48 pm
Still look for a civil suit. The dad said tony was the only driver that didn't see his son on the track.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/08/13/kevin-ward-father-talks-about-accident-that-killed-kevin-ward-jr/13999153/

His son only jumped into the middle of the track to confront Tony. He was standing higher up on the track when most of the other drivers went by. Only Tony had to try and avoid the guy lunging at him on the track.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on August 14, 2014, 12:58:02 pm
The blame game in here is directly proportionate as to whether you like Tony or Not...

I don't care about NASCAR. Don't watch it and don't have any drivers I root for or hate. I'm just an attorney that is looking at all the facts and sharing my opinion.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 14, 2014, 01:03:26 pm
I don't care about NASCAR. Don't watch it and don't have any drivers I root for or hate. I'm just an attorney that is looking at all the facts and sharing my opinion.

+1

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on August 14, 2014, 12:58:02 pm

Correct, and it cuts both ways.  People are bias by nature.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 14, 2014, 04:15:20 pm
Correct, and it cuts both ways.  People are bias by nature.

I agree... If Tony himself told me he meant to do it... I would not believe it.. LOL

Flying Razorback

He only approached one car. He almost got in front of the car in front of Tony but jumped back.  Then jumped back forward toward Tony's car.  He then wasn't still there for the guy behind Tony to miss him.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

The_Iceman

Quote from: Flying Razorback on August 14, 2014, 04:34:06 pm

He only approached one car. He almost got in front of the car in front of Tony but jumped back.  Then jumped back forward toward Tony's car.  He then wasn't still there for the guy behind Tony to miss him.

That fact shown in the video keeps getting ignored.

Racinray

Can't blame him for sitting out the next race either.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Racinray on August 14, 2014, 08:09:36 pm
Can't blame him for sitting out the next race either.

He's sitting out another race?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 14, 2014, 08:18:23 pm
He's sitting out another race?

Yes, this weekend at Michigan Jeff Burton is driving the 14 car for Stewart.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Flying Razorback on August 14, 2014, 08:21:21 pm

Yes, this weekend at Michigan Jeff Burton is driving the 14 car for Stewart.

10-4.  But no way he's doing this on his own.  I'm betting his handlers and sponsors "nudged" him into this. 

Racinray

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 14, 2014, 08:25:07 pm
10-4.  But no way he's doing this on his own.  I'm betting his handlers and sponsors "nudged" him into this. 
And probably NASCAR

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 14, 2014, 08:25:07 pm

Once again pure speculation, none of us know what Tony is really feeling in this deal. What if Tony is really and truly remorseful and still doesn't fell like getting behind the wheel yet???
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

hogs24

Quote from: PorkerOinker on August 14, 2014, 08:39:25 pm
Once again pure speculation, none of us know what Tony is really feeling in this deal. What if Tony is really and truly remorseful and still doesn't fell like getting behind the wheel yet???
I would hope so.
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

Bubba's Bruisers

My use of the term "betting" should have been a clue that I know I'm not stating fact. 

It's all pure speculation...including what any other driver on that track says. About the only thing that isn't speculation is that tony spun out ward, ward then exited his vehicle and walked into on coming traffic, Tony's car struck ward and ward died.

berryhog

I'm guessing he wont be back until the investigation is officially complete.

hoghelmet14

Flying Razorback

I would bet there's a lot of remorse.  I don't care who you are, unless you're a psychopath, taking the life of someone else is going to mess you up pretty bad.  And it happened while doing the thing he loves most in the world, racing.  I've known dudes who crashed planes where everyone survived, and it took them a long time or never before they wanted to get behind the stick again.

I think SHR did not do Tony any favors Sunday morning.  Greg Zipadelli is the one who said "Business as usual".  The announcers, I think it was Marty Smith, said that when Tony got up that morning he said "I'm not racing". 

hoghelmet14

10thPlanet

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 14, 2014, 01:03:26 pm
You need your expert witnesses.

hogs24

hogs24

Guessin he's sitting out Bristol too.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hogs24 on August 20, 2014, 05:58:37 pm

This weekly crap is dumb. He needs to just announce he's done for the year and let the legal stuff work itself out. Maybe get Mark Martin to do him a favor again and finish the year. A nice guy like Martin in the 14 will help simmer down some of the unwarranted Stewart hate too.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 20, 2014, 06:18:07 pm
This weekly crap is dumb. He needs to just announce he's done for the year and let the legal stuff work itself out. Maybe get Mark Martin to do him a favor again and finish the year. A nice guy like Martin in the 14 will help simmer down some of the unwarranted Stewart hate too.

I agree.

hogs24

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 20, 2014, 06:18:07 pm
+1

Racinray

Quote from: hogs24 on August 20, 2014, 05:58:37 pm
I'll be surprised if he races again this year.

hogs24

Quote from: Racinray on August 20, 2014, 07:12:51 pm
I'll be surprised if he races again this year.
IHI laid out the best possible route. Those sponsors aren't gonna stuck around for Smith and Burton I wouldn't think.

Flying Razorback

I think Jeff Burton would be a good pick for a longer term solution.  Sponsors love him and he has more recency of experience than Martin.

hogs24

Quote from: Flying Razorback on August 20, 2014, 09:03:36 pm
I think Jeff Burton would be a good pick for a longer term solution.  Sponsors love him and he has more recency of experience than Martin.
I miss Waaarud.
Is he still doing the Huntin show?

jbcarol

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  5m

TMZ reports that Tony Stewart won't be indicted. Official announcement later today. http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/24/tony-stewart-cleared-by-grand-jury-in-race-track-death/ ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

ricepig

Quote from: jbcarol on September 24, 2014, 12:38:28 pm
Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  5m

TMZ reports that Tony Stewart won't be indicted. Official announcement later today. http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/24/tony-stewart-cleared-by-grand-jury-in-race-track-death/ ...

TMZ knows, no charges.

PorkerOinker

According to the DA Kein Ward Jr. was under the influence of marijuana at the time of the accident. That had to help Tony Stewart's case with the grand jury.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: PorkerOinker on September 24, 2014, 02:11:40 pm
According to the DA Kein Ward Jr. was under the influence of marijuana at the time of the accident. That had to help Tony Stewart's case with the grand jury.

And may have ended any civil suit as well......

Racinray

How can his family go after Stewart in a wrongful death suit when their son was under the influence.........you know it's coming.

Racinray

hoghelmet14

Even in "Victory"  Smoke is still very compassionate about the Ward family....

"This has been the toughest and most emotional experience of my life, and it will stay with me forever. I'm very grateful for all the support I've received and continue to receive.

"I respect everything the District Attorney and Sheriff's Office did to thoroughly investigate this tragic accident. While the process was long and emotionally difficult, it allowed for all the facts of the accident to be identified and known.

"While much of the attention has been on me, it's important to remember a young man lost his life. Kevin Ward Jr.'s family and friends will always be in my thoughts and prayers."

Bubba's Bruisers

I'd have to think the GJ didn't have to convene for long.

Porked Tongue

Tony and his employer will undoubtedly make a donation to Ward's family.

hogs24

it stays in your system up to 30 days. I doubt very seriously he was 'under the influence'. Tested positive? Sure.
I can't see how that would have anything to do with it.

Porked Tongue

If Tony had anything in his system it would matter, so it stands to reason that the same is true of Ward.

hogs24

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 24, 2014, 05:33:36 pm
If Tony had anything in his system it would matter, so it stands to reason that the same is true of Ward.
they didn't test tony.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: hogs24 on September 24, 2014, 05:10:41 pm
it stays in your system up to 30 days. I doubt very seriously he was 'under the influence'. Tested positive? Sure.
I can't see how that would have anything to do with it.

The DA said toxicology reports showed marijuana levels high enough in Ward to cause impairment. I don't think this was a case of something he did a few weeks before the race.