Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMA Game Vs Hogs on Dec. 20th At Verizon Arena In LR

Started by john, August 09, 2014, 10:46:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

john

Has anyone heard who we will play in NLR this year or the date of the game? 

jry04

Quote from: john on August 09, 2014, 10:46:14 pm
Has anyone heard who we will play in NLR this year or the date of the game? 
Hopefully it is someone terrible since we cannot seem to play well there.

Hawg Red

Agree on playing a cupcake in NLR. Don't chance it, especially with the non-con road schedule we have.

Hawg Red

It came to light over the weekend that the Hogs will be playing North Texas this season. Seems like a logical Verizon opponent. We have previously defeated them there as well.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 11, 2014, 11:56:37 am
It came to light over the weekend that the Hogs will be playing North Texas this season. Seems like a logical Verizon opponent. We have previously defeated them there as well.

This game will be November 28th in Fayetteville. Verizon opponent still TBA.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 11, 2014, 04:10:00 pm
This game will be November 28th in Fayetteville. Verizon opponent still TBA.

Seems like we're always one of the last teams to release our schedule....

Also, I noticed something.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/071014aab.html

"This game, along with Wake Forest's games on Nov. 24 and 28, will be part of The Roundball Showcase event hosted by Arkansas."

That schedule says Iona, Nicholls State, and Delaware State are all part of the Roundball Showcase.  Since we're already confirmed to play Iona and Wake Forest, does this mean we'll also play Delaware State and Nicholls State at Bud Walton as part of the Roundball Showcase event?  I would assume this would be our "Pre-season Tourney".

Fayettechill14

Quote from: -Blu on August 11, 2014, 04:20:04 pm
Seems like we're always one of the last teams to release our schedule....

Also, I noticed something.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/071014aab.html

"This game, along with Wake Forest's games on Nov. 24 and 28, will be part of The Roundball Showcase event hosted by Arkansas."

That schedule says Iona, Nicholls State, and Delaware State are all part of the Roundball Showcase.  Since we're already confirmed to play Iona and Wake Forest, does this mean we'll also play Delaware State and Nicholls State at Bud Walton as part of the Roundball Showcase event?  I would assume this would be our "Pre-season Tourney".

Not sure. No guarantee that we'll all the teams in the tournament. Delaware State would be an RPI torpedo. Just one DSU on the schedule isn't the end of the world, but I'd rather avoid them...

-Blu

Looks like we will play them.

HogStats.com @HogStats     ·   22h   
Expect Hogs to face Nicholls State & Delaware State (along w/ Wake Forest) as part of the Roundball Showcase. (Thanks for help @doc_harper)

HawgnCorona

One cupcake potential on the sched. wont hurt i wouldn't think...The rest of the non-conf looks rather solid.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 12, 2014, 02:20:29 pm
Not sure. No guarantee that we'll all the teams in the tournament. Delaware State would be an RPI torpedo. Just one DSU on the schedule isn't the end of the world, but I'd rather avoid them...

Yeah, that's never nice to see.  They just got a new coach and are returning 5 of their top 6 scorers, so hopefully they can make an improvement.

Quote from: HawgnCorona on August 14, 2014, 05:02:07 pm
One cupcake potential on the sched. wont hurt i wouldn't think...The rest of the non-conf looks rather solid.
Hopefully they are the only one.  Still, why have any 300+ RPI teams on schedule? Last year, DE St. finished 332 out of 351 teams.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Karma on August 15, 2014, 01:50:41 pm
Hopefully they are the only one.  Still, why have any 300+ RPI teams on schedule? Last year, DE St. finished 332 out of 351 teams.

Mike following up Nolan's traditions of helping the brothers out. Most of those schools have very low budgets and need a few payday games. I don't have a problem with one a year.

Nicholls State finished with an RPI of 262, so that's on the threshold of a bad game. They did finish above .500 in the Southland Conference.

mhuff

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 10, 2014, 10:18:11 am
Agree on playing a cupcake in NLR. Don't chance it, especially with the non-con road schedule we have.

ArKan5a5 KiD

Tickets went onsale this morning at 10 through ticketmaster. Bought me 3. I will be at  half court on the 12th row! Can't wait to take my 8  year old son! #WPS

claycohog

ArKan5a5 KiD

Cant wait to watch what should be a much improved Hog bball team this year.

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

jbcarol

Razorback Basketball @RazorbackMBB  ·  Sep 30

Tickets for the Dec. 20th showdown against SEMO at Verizon Arena go on sale Wednesday > http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackmbb-north-little-rock-tickets-on-sale-wednesday-2014-09-30 ... #WPS

.@Mr_WALKONAIR delievered 1 of his 8 #SCtop10 plays in 2013-14 @ Verizon Arena. Don't miss this year's highlight #WPS

Don't miss @alandiseharris aka the #BowTieBeast in his hometown at Verizon Arena on Dec. 20 > http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/news/razorbackmbb-north-little-rock-tickets-on-sale-wednesday-

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net