Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Razorback Nation Analysis of the Hogs First Pre-season Scrimmage

Started by Mike Irwin, August 09, 2014, 08:09:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

The Hogs top offense went head to head with the top defense. Mike Irwin and Alyssa Orange saw the scrimmage and attended head coach Bret Bielema's press conference afterward. They break down the high points in this Razorback Nation analysis.
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/a-razorback-nation-analysis-of-the-hogs-first-pre/21993/xalu2XVOqUOlJpr86Ui3NA

azhog10

AJ with a really good day? Thought Bielema said this was probably his least productive day of camp.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Mike Irwin on August 09, 2014, 08:09:57 pm
The Hogs top offense went head to head with the top defense. Mike Irwin and Alyssa Orange saw the scrimmage and attended head coach Bret Bielema's press conference afterward. They break down the high points in this Razorback Nation analysis.
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/a-razorback-nation-analysis-of-the-hogs-first-pre/21993/xalu2XVOqUOlJpr86Ui3NA

Hey Mike, great job.

I was a little worried about Alyssa standing next to you because she is easy on the eyes compared to you...but you did OK my brotha, in spite of your challenges  :)  :razorback:

Enjoyed the report!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hogville38

Quote from: azhog10 on August 10, 2014, 01:12:18 am
AJ with a really good day? Thought Bielema said this was probably his least productive day of camp.
???????

Pulled(PP)pork

razorsharptusk

Mike, I'd like to know what your true take on the team is so far this year? I know that you are a "to the point" guy and most of your views are pretty straight up. You don't talk the fluff.

Concerning last year to this year, have you seen improvements in our Hogs?  Not just size and speed, but in knowledge and understanding the schemes? 

Do you think that there is enough improvement that the fans should be able to visibly see the difference on the field and in the outcomes of games? 

How do you feel about the comradery between the coaches and players?

Can you give me the "state of the program" according to Mike?  Thanks!
GO HOGS!!

RedRazorback15

Thanks for the report, Mike.

BA's got to get his accuracy up. I don't think another year of ~50% completion rate is going to get it done. Even with all the talent we have at RB. Allen has to be accurate so teams don't load up against the run. I think he can do it. Hope he continues to improve this week.

WPS!  :razorback:

razorbackfanatic

I'm really excited! All these un-cut interviews have mostly been very positive. Nothing like a year ago. U can see it In Beliemas face and all his interviews about how excited he is about how far along this team is than this time last season! I'm very optimistic! I think we get 6 wins and maybe 7. I see for sure two SEC wins.

Things are looking up! Loving the excitement about the lb's and the first years lbs athleticism. BA seems to have taken a huge step forward physically, mentally and as a leader and looks very confident in his interviews. The additions of talented WR's Cornelius, Hollister, Edwards and JoJo are a big boost to the receiving core plus the return of Demetrius Wilson. Those guys have brought the play of lettermens Hatcher, Morgan, Hawkins etc to a new level!  RBs are very good, the OL is very talented and has solid depth. The DLine has 3 potential first or second day draft picks in Philon, Flowers and Wise. Not to mention B Jackson has mad potential! Corners have the most depth in quite a while and turner is a leader at SS and Gaines also looking pretty good. Plus Coley and Liddell bring much needed speed to that group. Spaight may be big time this season at Will and Mitchell, Carr and Ramsey look solid at Sam while they are loving Ellis at Mike and Williams is great depth. TQ Coleman is also gonna help big time in rover situations.

AC makes something out of nothing, JWill runs like beast mode and then u throw Marshall in when the D is tired and if they give him a crease he's gone. Like I said twice I'm freaking excited!! Our Oline going into the 2015 season might be rated top 5 in the nation preseason and we are adding a great 2015 class thus far.