Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NWA??

Started by TX HOG, August 08, 2014, 09:23:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TX HOG

Recommendations on wkend cabin/house rentals? Looking for something nice but somewhat off the beaten path. Beautiful scenery, but 30 mins or less or so from town for dinner, etc.

Hogfly

I hate even showing people this place, because it's a hidden gem. It's about 10 minutes from the stadium. Amazing setting. Very cool architecture.

http://www.vrbo.com/301818

TX HOG

Nice. Good privacy?

aristotle

Quote from: Hogfly on August 08, 2014, 09:34:49 am
I hate even showing people this place, because it's a hidden gem. It's about 10 minutes from the stadium. Amazing setting. Very cool architecture.

http://www.vrbo.com/301818

Hey, I know that guy playing guitar.

Yeah, Kessler Mountain is a cool area. That place looks super nice.

TX HOG

It would just be my wife and I. So something small is good too

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TX HOG on August 08, 2014, 09:23:36 am
Recommendations on wkend cabin/house rentals? Looking for something nice but somewhat off the beaten path. Beautiful scenery, but 30 mins or less or so from town for dinner, etc.

Try Devils Den State Park. About a 30 minute drive.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TX HOG

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 11, 2014, 12:13:31 pm
Try Devils Den State Park. About a 30 minute drive.

Cool. Thanks.

Dark Helmet Hog

This is a very cool place for a weekend getaway about 30 min from Fayetteville in Chester . Private hot tubs and no kids.

http://www.stonewindretreat.com/

TX HOG

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on August 14, 2014, 09:24:50 pm
This is a very cool place for a weekend getaway about 30 min from Fayetteville in Chester . Private hot tubs and no kids.

http://www.stonewindretreat.com/

Looks pretty cool. Thanks.

TX HOG

Is beaver lake considered a "nice" lake. Is there a bunch of "lake trash" or is it nice with homes etc...??

twistitup

Quote from: TX HOG on September 29, 2014, 07:59:28 pm
Is beaver lake considered a "nice" lake. Is there a bunch of "lake trash" or is it nice with homes etc...??

Nice homes for the most part....not much lake trash- beautiful bluffs / scenery
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

TX HOG

Quote from: twistitup on September 29, 2014, 08:37:13 pm
Nice homes for the most part....not much lake trash- beautiful bluffs / scenery

Ok. Cool. I'd love to live on the lake one day. Attempting to talk my wife into possibly moving there in 5-10 yrs.

twistitup

Quote from: TX HOG on September 29, 2014, 08:41:50 pm
Ok. Cool. I'd love to live on the lake one day. Attempting to talk my wife into possibly moving there in 5-10 yrs.

It's a nice, deep, clear water lake - I live very close to the White River arm close to Fayetteville.

TX HOG

Clear water lake? Sounds nice.
My wife and are have both lived in Texas our entire lives. Id love the move...

twistitup

Quote from: TX HOG on September 29, 2014, 09:11:49 pm
Clear water lake? Sounds nice.
My wife and are have both lived in Texas our entire lives. Id love romaji the move...

Yes and very deep in spots. I see 60-65 ft in some of the channels and it gets even deeper in the northern part.

TX HOG

So you don't really have to worry about it getting too shallow in areas? The thing I have in my favor in moving is she loves the lake, wants to live on a lake, and loves loves the boat.

twistitup

Quote from: TX HOG on September 29, 2014, 09:16:34 pm
So you don't really have to worry about it getting too shallow in areas? The thing I have in my favor in moving is she loves the lake, wants to live on a lake, and loves loves the boat.

The 412 bridge is where the river begins. You do have fluctuation in the river, but the main lake north of 412 is more stable when it comes to water level.

TX HOG

As long as I've got 6 ft of water, our boats good.

twistitup

Quote from: TX HOG on September 29, 2014, 09:20:09 pm
As long as I've got 6 ft of water, our boats good.

Not a problem, you can dock most anywhere on the lake or river, just don't get too far up the white if you want a dock...they are restricted,  but you can still tie up directly to the bank.

Many of the houses for sale will come with a dock if they are allowed in the area

TX HOG

I've been dreaming via zillow. Found a beautiful $400,000 with what looks to be a boat dock barzel pt in rodgers

twistitup

Quote from: TX HOG on September 29, 2014, 09:43:08 pm
I've been dreaming via zillow. Found a beautiful $400,000 with what looks to be a boat dock barzel pt in rodgers

That Rogers part of the lake is beautiful....and JJ's Lakeside, good bar/ grill close by

TX HOG

We're 5-10 away from even getting serious. But I'm excited about the prospect.

TX HOG

Any idea on the price per sqft to build around the lake??