Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Don Pads For Some "Thudding."

Started by Mike Irwin, August 06, 2014, 10:54:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

FAYETTEVILLE--First year Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith calls it, "Thudding," telling reporters of the Hogs' first day in pads since pre-season camp began, "We got a great opportunity to go out there and start to establish our physicality. This is when you really start to play football. You have to be smart and keep guys off the ground but the physicality was there."

Smith had praise for Arkansas' veterans but he singled out the newcomers as well, like true freshman Bijhon Jackson who has trimmed down from 350 to a more solid 330 pounds.

"He's a player whose certainly going to flash with his pads on," Smith noted. "He's a strong individual. He's a guy whose going to help us eat up some A gaps inside. He can dictate daylight in the center of our defense and that crucial. It all starts there. You need a guy on the center that can disrupt things, and Bijhon certainly has the ability to do that."
---------------------------------
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/hogs-don-pads-for-some-thudding/34466/zg61xdpwHka_M3jw8BlJ9g

HogWildBison2011

What I've been waiting to hear! Can't wait to see him out there.

mhsbc59

Good Good i love it when a plan comes together
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

mhsbc59

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 07, 2014, 02:44:29 pm

I pity the fool who thinks the hogs dont win 6 games ... enter theme song "da da da da da.......
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

razorbackkid

Good news....we are getting closer and closer.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.