Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank Ragnow

Started by Hogpkins, August 06, 2014, 07:42:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

870hogfan

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 08, 2014, 08:15:09 pm
I don't think it's a stretch to say that Auburn has 5 good DT's.  I said good not great.   Auburn had a top DL last year and only lost one starter so it's not a stretch.  Just because you hate Auburn doesn't mean you can't give credit where credit is due.  Philon is a very good player and would probably play for any SEC team.  I wish we had given him a spot but we couldn't.

Philon is still better than any DT that Auburn has..

Jek Tono Porkins

I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

JansterZ71

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 08, 2014, 08:26:54 pm

Philon is still better than any DT that Auburn has..

Good for Philon
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

AND he's got a great, gangster-sounding name!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

onebadrubi

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 08, 2014, 09:22:36 pm
Good for Philon

Best thing though is it didn't take any cash to get Philon! 

Choctaw Hog

Lake City Hog

Back to the OP, why is it that we automatically assume that a kid that has never stepped onto the field will be so good that he will only be here for 3 years. My God you people put tremendous pressure on a kid!

If every kid that we recruited and Hogville said "he will only be here for 3 years" we would only have half a roster! How about we let the kid get the shotgun snap down just a bit better before we anoint him as an All-American.

three hog night

I would like to see us RS some kids if possible.  We are playing a lot of True FR.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 10, 2014, 11:09:20 am
Back to the OP, why is it that we automatically assume that a kid that has never stepped onto the field will be so good that he will only be here for 3 years. My God you people put tremendous pressure on a kid!

If every kid that we recruited and Hogville said "he will only be here for 3 years" we would only have half a roster! How about we let the kid get the shotgun snap down just a bit better before we anoint him as an All-American.

I think people believe that if this staff is playing them as a Freshman then they will be 1st rounders by year three.  While that would be really nice, it is not true, a little of homerism coming to play by that line of thinking.  Personally, I don't believe in using that line of thinking in the RS'ing topic.  I say redshirt to get a year in the herbert S&C program and Chaney play book.  I think if we knew we wouldn't have one OL injury this year, then we could redshirt both freshman OL, but if we lose 1 guy we will not have a 2 deep without 1 of ragnow or wallace.  So putting them in play at the 2 deep now is a must so it is not a new thing halfway through the season.

three hog night

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 11, 2014, 09:36:53 am
I think people believe that if this staff is playing them as a Freshman then they will be 1st rounders by year three.  While that would be really nice, it is not true, a little of homerism coming to play by that line of thinking.  Personally, I don't believe in using that line of thinking in the RS'ing topic.  I say redshirt to get a year in the herbert S&C program and Chaney play book.  I think if we knew we wouldn't have one OL injury this year, then we could redshirt both freshman OL, but if we lose 1 guy we will not have a 2 deep without 1 of ragnow or wallace.  So putting them in play at the 2 deep now is a must so it is not a new thing halfway through the season.

I am with your line of thinking.   My concern is getting into the playbook and S&C program for a year.   The 2 deep insertion makes sense as you put it.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.