Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malik Dime update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 06, 2014, 02:45:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

Haha that's positive news.  Many were saying we have little to no shot, but if he's talking everyday to our coaches, there's no reason we can't beat out Iowa st or USC. I'm ready to get excited about Malik dime.

mhuff

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 06, 2014, 02:45:59 pm
He's not your normal prospect.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/aug/06/malik-dime-update/

Sounds like an intelligent, athletic young man. I just hope that he can play BB.

rzrbackramsfan

He is and Is going to be baller, watch his video.

mhuff

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 06, 2014, 03:20:27 pm
He is and Is going to be baller, watch his video.

Thanks, I tried..... wifi connection not good enough I guess. I was concerned that he only played about 11 minutes a game.

Hawg Red

I'll take him yesterday. Gives us opportunity to develop Thompson a little more carefully if Portis and Kingsley are here next year and he gives a nice (but not equal) replacement for Portis if he goes pro. He'll play either way. He'll get Harris' minutes if Portis is still here.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 06, 2014, 03:48:54 pm
I'll take him yesterday. Gives us opportunity to develop Thompson a little more carefully if Portis and Kingsley are here next year and he gives a nice (but not equal) replacement for Portis if he goes pro. He'll play either way. He'll get Harris' minutes if Portis is still here.

Dime would not be replacing Portis. If anything, Kinglsey would move to PF. Hopefully, we won't have to do that because we will have found a solid PF in recruiting.

MGB1229

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 06, 2014, 03:48:54 pm

I'm with you.  His athleticism is off the charts and he seems to have great timing for blocking shots.  Runs the floor really well.  He would be great fit.  Here's another good one for you guys. 

http://youtu.be/kUhrFCt2flc

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 06, 2014, 03:57:51 pm
Dime would not be replacing Portis. If anything, Kinglsey would move to PF. Hopefully, we won't have to do that because we will have found a solid PF in recruiting.

He would be taking his spot in the frontcourt rotation, is all I meant. Let's not get too involved with who actually plays where. It's a Mike Anderson system. Two forwards, a wing, two guards most of the time.

onebadrubi

Common sense to me looks like Iowa state would be the closest and maybe a leader, but we need to slap a must have tag on this guy, in my opinion! 

SemperFi

This kid is very aggressive to the basket. Somebody's going to have to foul him to keep him from dunking the ball. I like our chances considering the other schools that he'll be visiting. We're the only SEC school and the most uptempo out of the bunch too.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

GEO-HOG

So this guy is a 5 and doesn't help with Cody Clarke leaving?

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 06, 2014, 04:15:44 pm
He would be taking his spot in the frontcourt rotation, is all I meant. Let's not get too involved with who actually plays where. It's a Mike Anderson system. Two forwards, a wing, two guards most of the time.

^This right here, it wouldn't be a direct Portis replacement, but it would be a quality guy taking up minutes in our front court, because as of now Portis does play most of his minutes at the 5 spot.  Let's say Portis leaves after this year and we get Malik Dime.  Our forward rotation would look like this next year.

Kingsley/Dime/Thompson
Miles/Williams/Frazier

And I have Frazier in there as well because I believe even if we miss on a guy like Malik Dime, staff has made it obvious they want another "Wing" player, which in our system is a guy that plays the combo 3/4 position. 

And if Portis stays you could do

Kingsley/Dime/Thompson
Portis/Miles/Williams

azhog10

Can't be right. Coach Z actively involved in recruiting?

Sarcasm off

azhog10

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 06, 2014, 05:52:52 pm
Common sense to me looks like Iowa state would be the closest and maybe a leader, but we need to slap a must have tag on this guy, in my opinion!
Closest to his college. Not closest to home.

Broadway Rob

Quote from: MGB1229 on August 06, 2014, 04:01:56 pm
I'm with you.  His athleticism is off the charts and he seems to have great timing for blocking shots.  Runs the floor really well.  He would be great fit.  Here's another good one for you guys. 

http://youtu.be/kUhrFCt2flc

Good grief! That guy is for real.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

NLRHog92

Poor mans Nerlens Noel. But GREAT upside having only played a few years. Also, it's nice we have another African on the team in Kingsley. Could help persuade him. On the right track with the OV though!

LAHogfan123

Quote from: NLRHog92 on August 07, 2014, 12:29:16 am
Poor mans Nerlens Noel. But GREAT upside having only played a few years. Also, it's nice we have another African on the team in Kingsley. Could help persuade him. On the right track with the OV though!

I hope we get him, he has a great upside, he'll start out like Kingsley being a defensive machine, but when his scoring comes around, he's going to be a really special player.  Come on Mike, we need this guy.

intelligence

His standing dunk is just insane. He's gonna be big time somewhere, hope its with the hogs and not Iowa or somewhere else. This guy has major talent imo

1highhog

Quote from: intelligence on August 14, 2014, 12:37:29 am
His standing dunk is just insane. He's gonna be big time somewhere, hope its with the hogs and not Iowa or somewhere else. This guy has major talent imo

I saw that to.  He'll be a big time talent for sure, I just hope he has a good group of "advisors" to help him in making a good decision.  I'm not just saying this as a homer,  but as someone who would like to see the kid go to a team that would showcase his talents better, which he himself said was Arkansas.

Hawg Red

Per Brad Winton on Twitter, Kansas State has replaced USC for an official visit from Dime. USC is out.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 18, 2014, 11:39:13 am
Per Brad Winton on Twitter, Kansas State has replaced USC for an official visit from Dime. USC is out.

Nice Find, thanks for update.  That doesn't surprise me though after listening to his interview on recruiting Thursday, he couldn't even think of a reason why he was visiting them other than because they are "USC".  I could be wrong, but just from listening to that interview Iowa State seemed like they are his favorites with us slightly behind them.  Said he's talking to the staff almost everyday, mostly talking to Coach A and Coach Watkins.   Hopefully we can land him.  I think he'll be a good fit even if Portis decides to stay, he can split time with Kingsley at the 5 spot.

Hawg Red

Portis, Kingsley and Dime -- we wouldn't hurt for length at any given time.

mhuff

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 18, 2014, 03:45:30 pm

I still have not seen him play. It does look like he could use a weight room. The sports he has played indicate that he should be good at moving his feet.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 18, 2014, 03:45:30 pm

I'd start to hold hopes of sweet 16 at that point!  Kingsley and Thompson running 5, dime and Portis at the 4, and possible to throw in Monk... Yeah I'm gonna quit dreaming and have to wait and see...  That would be nice!!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 18, 2014, 07:12:28 pm
I'd start to hold hopes of sweet 16 at that point!  Kingsley and Thompson running 5, dime and Portis at the 4, and possible to throw in Monk... Yeah I'm gonna quit dreaming and have to wait and see...  That would be nice!!!!
Jimmy Whitt ain't no joke either...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on August 18, 2014, 08:41:07 pm
Jimmy Whitt ain't no joke either...

Yeah well I got carried away and completely forgot about him!  Sounds like we will know more about him tomorrow!

The Hogfather

HawgnCorona

He would be my pick too...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

intelligence

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 18, 2014, 11:39:13 am

It's actually Kansas, and not K-State.

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/malik-dime-indian-hills-cc-sets-official-visits/
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

razorsharp94

Yeah as optimistic as I am about basketball this would be a tough one to pull.  If Kansas has offered it would be hard for me to see him coming to Arkansas.  Hope I am way wrong.

poloprince

Quote from: razorsharp94 on August 20, 2014, 10:08:19 am
Yeah as optimistic as I am about basketball this would be a tough one to pull.  If Kansas has offered it would be hard for me to see him coming to Arkansas.  Hope I am way wrong.

Kansas has HM. Why would they need him?
$PoLoPrInCe$

Big Nasty 34

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: razorsharp94 on August 20, 2014, 10:08:19 am

I'd be more concerned with Iowa St. and The Mayor, Fred Hoiberg. I can envision Dime being a lesser priority for Kansas.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 20, 2014, 10:42:51 am
I'd be more concerned with Iowa St. and The Mayor, Fred Hoiberg. I can envision Dime being a lesser priority for Kansas.

agreed.  people think Iowa St and typically think 'uhhh, nope' but Hoiberg has changed that...he's got that program right

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 20, 2014, 10:44:31 am
agreed.  people think Iowa St and typically think 'uhhh, nope' but Hoiberg has changed that...he's got that program right

The Mayor knows how to effectively land JUCOs and transfers like few others.

sunalmighty79

Quote from: poloprince on August 20, 2014, 10:35:24 am
Kansas has HM. Why would they need him?
you just answered your own question. Because it's HM,  that's why.

intelligence

Quote from: -Blu on August 21, 2014, 11:37:42 pm
New Malik Dime article up.

http://arkansas.scout.com/story/1436903-arkansas-knows-adding-dime-would-enrich-class?s=10
Link at bottom is to a pay article claiming he has named a top. Here's to hoping were in it

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: intelligence on August 22, 2014, 02:54:00 am
Link at bottom is to a pay article claiming he has named a top. Here's to hoping were in it

Just talks about his officials that he will be taking, what he's looking for in a program and how he'll be going into the visits wide open

-Blu

Quote from: intelligence on August 22, 2014, 02:54:00 am

That's old information back at the beginning of April, I don't think we were even recruiting him hard then.  He had Kansas, Witchita State, and Iowa State.  And at that time Kansas and Witchita State hadn't even offered.  I still haven't heard if he has an offer from Kansas or not.

But his top 4 now are the schools he's taking visits to, he's going to make his decision and sign in the fall.  From everything I've read Iowa State seems to still be the favorites, TBH I don't know how much mutual interest Kansas has in him, I wouldn't really consider them a threat at this moment, I haven't heard of any offer, I would be surprised if he's at the top of their list.  I haven't heard him say anything about Washington, so I don't know how much interest in there.  But, he's definitely said he's interested in us and speaks to our staff on a daily basis and they are recruiting him hard.  If I had to make a guess I'd say it's going to come down between us and Iowa State, it's just going to be hard to pull him away from there.

intelligence

Quote from: -Blu on August 22, 2014, 12:11:42 pm
That's old information back at the beginning of April, I don't think we were even recruiting him hard then.  He had Kansas, Witchita State, and Iowa State.  And at that time Kansas and Witchita State hadn't even offered.  I still haven't heard if he has an offer from Kansas or not.

But his top 4 now are the schools he's taking visits to, he's going to make his decision and sign in the fall.  From everything I've read Iowa State seems to still be the favorites, TBH I don't know how much mutual interest Kansas has in him, I wouldn't really consider them a threat at this moment, I haven't heard of any offer, I would be surprised if he's at the top of their list.  I haven't heard him say anything about Washington, so I don't know how much interest in there.  But, he's definitely said he's interested in us and speaks to our staff on a daily basis and they are recruiting him hard.  If I had to make a guess I'd say it's going to come down between us and Iowa State, it's just going to be hard to pull him away from there.
Yeah I can see why a kid would choose Iowa state, but I will still hopd out hope til the end. If he chooses us we are pretty stacked, but if he doesn't we still have Kingsley Thompson and maybe port is, so the roster is far from dismal without him

-Blu

intelligence

Quote from: -Blu on August 27, 2014, 05:21:06 pm
247sports updated their 2015 JUCO rankings.  Malik Dime currently #3 JUCO player.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege

Someone posted a link to the Iowa State board last night. I was reading around, and they seem pretty confident that Dime will sign with Iowa St, due to their proximity to Indian Hills and the relationship between IHCC and Hoiberg. I remain optimistic and think we have a fair shot at landing the services of dime, but Iowa St might be the team to beat here

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on August 27, 2014, 05:21:06 pm
247sports updated their 2015 JUCO rankings.  Malik Dime currently #3 JUCO player.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=JuniorCollege

Former (?) Hog target Dequon Miller at #10.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 27, 2014, 06:51:48 pm
Former (?) Hog target Dequon Miller at #10.

Yea, I said in a thread a long time ago, when we were all still hoping for King, Allen, or Whitt, that if we missed out on these guys we could go after Miller, we were like in his final 2 last Spring right? I knew he'd be ranked pretty high because of the way Brad Winton always talks about him.  But, I haven't heard our name mentioned with him since he reclassified to come out in 2015, may not be a possibility anymore.

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on August 27, 2014, 07:14:16 pm
Yea, I said in a thread a long time ago, when we were all still hoping for King, Allen, or Whitt, that if we missed out on these guys we could go after Miller, we were like in his final 2 last Spring right? I knew he'd be ranked pretty high because of the way Brad Winton always talks about him.  But, I haven't heard our name mentioned with him since he reclassified to come out in 2015, may not be a possibility anymore.

Yeah, I think signing Durham pretty much shut the door there. Now we have Whitt, too. I believe he's also a little on the shorter side as well. Any guard we take on for 2015 is going to have some length to them (like a Vick-type wing).

poloprince

Quote from: intelligence on August 27, 2014, 05:41:45 pm
Someone posted a link to the Iowa State board last night. I was reading around, and they seem pretty confident that Dime will sign with Iowa St, due to their proximity to Indian Hills and the relationship between IHCC and Hoiberg. I remain optimistic and think we have a fair shot at landing the services of dime, but Iowa St might be the team to beat here

Why didn't Iowa State get the 7 footer then ???
$PoLoPrInCe$