Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KJ Hill's top 2

Started by Music City Hog, August 06, 2014, 08:36:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

@BamaOnline247: #Bama in top two for Top247 WR K.J. Hill (VIP) http://t.co/IyvKkSjIsO via @247Sports

Looks like his weekend visit to T-town went well for Bama.  I can't read the article, but he says Bama is "one or two".

Wildhog

Yeah, he had a lot of very, very good things to say about them. 

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGINTENNESSEE

Odd considering Bama has signed 15 4 or 5 star WR since Saban arrived and only 2 have been drafted.

Maybe he like's Kiffin's WR success at USC? Of course if that the case I would bring up the fact first thing Kiffin did has a HC was bring in Chaney as OC

forrest city joe

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 06, 2014, 08:45:26 am
Odd considering Bama has signed 15 4 or 5 star WR since Saban arrived and only 2 have been drafted.
+1000. and only Julio Jones has made any kind of impact in the NFL.same with their RB's. only Eddie Lacey has done anything out of all those 5 star RB's. at some point these kids are going to get it, and stop running to the Bama name.

immahog

so if bama is 1 or 2 .....who is 2 or 1 ?
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

forrest city joe

ricepig

When he publicly announce a top 2, I'll listen. There may be articles from his other places he visits the fall that say the same. It would go the same for me if Otis wrote an article our 247.

JIHawg

It's only natural that he would be hyped up immediately after a visit.  Give it some time.

Hog Fan...DOH!

What's clear is that Arkansas needs to show some hope and at least flashes of excitement.

jbcarol

MrSEC included offer letter examples from Hill that was titled "The Art of an SEC Scholarship", yesterday:

http://mrsec.com/articles/the-art-of-an-sec-scholarship-offer

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

wholehog92

If he didn't commit while he was there, I like our chances.  I think back to the ill-fated DGB recruiting battle that was very well documented.  He left there really hyped up and internally the family thought they were going to be where he ended up.  After letting the hype die down, they weren't even in the final two.

Contrast that to the typical out of state Bama commit that commits before their visit or during/shortly after their visit.

I know Hill isn't DGB, but my perception is that Bama's out of state commits are far more likely to happen right away than down the road.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: wholehog92 on August 06, 2014, 11:16:01 am
If he didn't commit while he was there, I like our chances.  I think back to the ill-fated DGB recruiting battle that was very well documented.  He left there really hyped up and internally the family thought they were going to be where he ended up.  After letting the hype die down, they weren't even in the final two.

Contrast that to the typical out of state Bama commit that commits before their visit or during/shortly after their visit.

I know Hill isn't DGB, but my perception is that Bama's out of state commits are far more likely to happen right away than down the road.

I agree, and I hope this was a case of ... "Alabama is a great program hey had a lot of success the last decade and they still have everything in place to be a great team in the future. The visit was awesome. So thanks BUT I am still going to be a hog."

ShadowTheHedgehog

PS: I also like the fact that he did not commit while visiting and I REALLY like the fact that he will visit us after having been at Bama. Everyone needs to make his visit to the hill something really special.

SemperFi

Would love to see KJ and Will break Bama's heart, but I'm just not getting that warm fuzzy. I hope that I'm dead wrong.....somebody please convince me that I'm dead wrong. Just hate losing our homegrown talent to teams like Bama and Auburn.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

MFG

I still think if we get KJ first, I guarantee Gragg will commit right after.

I don't think it could happen vice-verse however, I think if we get Gragg first, there's still a chance KJ could go elsewhere.

I do feel confident enough to say KJ will be a hog.

JMO

hogville38

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 06, 2014, 06:39:05 pm
PS: I also like the fact that he did not commit while visiting and I REALLY like the fact that he will visit us after having been at Bama. Everyone needs to make his visit to the hill something really special.
Don't think he would have committed even if he wanted to. Too early and he would have to hear crap from all of us 24-7. That being said, I think Gragg and Hill end up in Bama. Hope I'm wrong just my feeling.

The real Hogules

I think when the smoke clears that we'll get KJ and Will, both.
They both are proud to be from the state of Arkansas a will want to represent.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

MJ2

Quote from: The real Hogules on August 07, 2014, 07:30:14 am
I think when the smoke clears that we'll get KJ and Will, both.
They both are proud to be from the state of Arkansas a will want to represent.

Typically instate kids that want to be Hogs commit early.   In the current environment, it's only smart for a kid to listen to all offers before making his lifetime commitment. 

TX HOG

I think they just need to see that our offense can/will be more than 1 dimensional.

Cinco de Hogo

Wildhog

Apparently it was a misquote.  He actually said Alabama is "No. 1 AND 2"
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

870hogfan

In the end him and Gragg will be a Hog.

mmcoco

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 07, 2014, 10:06:49 am
In the end him and Gragg will be a Hog.

Here we go!! true hog love. Lets keep them at home!!

Melorock089

Hopefully Bama's passing game fades off with the graduation of McCarron, and our passing game picks up that truly shows Chaney's passing game that is a staple throughout his career.

You guys think Gragg and Hill are a package deal?

wholehog92

Quote from: Melorock089 on August 08, 2014, 12:12:42 am
Hopefully Bama's passing game fades off with the graduation of McCarron, and our passing game picks up that truly shows Chaney's passing game that is a staple throughout his career.

You guys think Gragg and Hill are a package deal?

Not necessarily a package.  I do think you get an advantage though.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

jgphillips3

If Bama were slightly down, say 9-3 or 10-2, and we exceed expectations to 6-6 or better at 7-5 with a viable passing game and hope for the future, I really like our chances.  If they go 12-0 and we struggle to win 4 or 5...well...that will be one hell of a sales job if this staff could pull it off.

discombobulationist

Quote from: jbcarol on August 06, 2014, 10:25:09 am
MrSEC included offer letter examples from Hill that was titled "The Art of an SEC Scholarship", yesterday:

http://mrsec.com/articles/the-art-of-an-sec-scholarship-offer

I like Missouri's letter a lot! Everyone knows the way to attract a top-notch recruit is to give him the Mizzou safeties coach's autograph. That's the kind of stuff kids these days pay attention to! Why is Bielema not doing this??? :-[ :-[ :-[
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

870hogfan

Quote from: discombobulationist on August 08, 2014, 09:22:40 am

I like Missouri's letter a lot! Everyone knows the way to attract a top-notch recruit is to give him the Mizzou safeties coach's autograph. That's the kind of stuff kids these days pay attention to! Why is Bielema not doing this??? :-[ :-[ :-[

How do we know that he's not? lol