Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

helmets

Started by hoglahoma, August 05, 2014, 09:41:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglahoma

mrs. hawgndodge

that's a plastic cover to keep them from getting scratched up too badly

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Possibly pre-season finish protectors, or maybe even sensory areas for the new "safe Helmets"..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 05, 2014, 09:44:45 pm
Possibly pre-season finish protectors, or maybe even sensory areas for the new "safe Helmets"..?

That was my first thought.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

ThisTeetsTaken

Will we wear white lids this year ?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

greenie

HogInFlorida

That's just a plastic film they leave on during camp to keep them from getting scuffed up
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Looneyhawg on August 05, 2014, 11:48:39 pm
Looks like we will wear all white for the Auburn game.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-new-white-nike-uniforms-auburn-2014/

That's just plain dumb. Why opt to wear a helmet that is the same color as your opponent, when your basic helmet gives contrast?

You old-timers will remember when, in the 70s, the NFL Pats, Bills, Jets, Colts, and Dolphins were all in the AFC East. And all wore white helmets.

One team, I think the Jets, finally went to another color, just so their QBs could more easily spot receivers who were ABOUT to come open. Bills and Pats soon followed suit.

Yes, the jersey color gives adequate contrast most of the time. but in that split-second, when the pass rush is getting close, and your primary receiver is not open, you need any/every edge you can get.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on August 06, 2014, 09:30:50 am
That's just plain dumb. Why opt to wear a helmet that is the same color as your opponent, when your basic helmet gives contrast?

You old-timers will remember when, in the 70s, the NFL Pats, Bills, Jets, Colts, and Dolphins were all in the AFC East. And all wore white helmets.

One team, I think the Jets, finally went to another color, just so their QBs could more easily spot receivers who were ABOUT to come open. Bills and Pats soon followed suit.

Yes, the jersey color gives adequate contrast most of the time. but in that split-second, when the pass rush is getting close, and your primary receiver is not open, you need any/every edge you can get.

I think the all-white look is going to be really sharp, but I do 100% agree with you on the helmets.  If they wear their white helmets, we may want to consider red.  It really can make a difference when you are making important decisions in a fraction of a second.

razorbackkid

As long as they have two chin straps I'm good.  ;)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Uncommon

I think we'll be wearing red helmets, white uniforms, and red pants since Auburn will most likely be wearing white helmets, navy uniforms, and white pants.  SDS was just pointing out in the article that we will be wearing white uniforms for Auburn.  Not white helmets, white uniforms, and white pants.

John Futrall

I love that helmet!

ThisTeetsTaken

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/arkansas-new-white-nike-uniforms-auburn-2014/
Nice!   I'm a huge fan of all white uniforms.  I could do without the Poomba Hog though.  It's already an eyesore if you ask me.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Big Papa Satan

May not be a bad idea, since it's possible it'll be hotter than the back side of Hell on the field that afternoon.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 05, 2014, 09:44:45 pm