Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UPDATED with an OOPS II!

Started by Doug, August 05, 2014, 04:23:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

August 05, 2014, 04:23:12 pm Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:43:51 pm by Doug
A bit of a brain fart on some HTML changes I was making... fixed now, though.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Paul Swinebaum

I read the thread title and flashed back to that famous Republican debate. I was relieved to find MMQB is still up and running.    ;D

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Inhogswetrust

I thought maybe Bielema bought a motorcycle or something........................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Doug

I added a new item on our navigation menu (under "For the Fans") and forgot a couple very crucial layout calls, which broke the layout and shifted the actual content/forums down by almost a page and a half down.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Augustus

Well heck... I was cussing Firefox.  And then would have moved on to "Windstream is [CENSORED] something up again!"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Doug on August 05, 2014, 05:06:11 pm
I added a new item on our navigation menu (under "For the Fans") and forgot a couple very crucial layout calls, which broke the layout and shifted the actual content/forums down by almost a page and a half down.

I told my wife it was down there somewhere.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

1highhog

Quote from: Doug on August 05, 2014, 04:23:12 pm

You mean you finally brought back the return of the Search feature Douglas?  Kudo's!

1highhog

Wait, no you didn't, man that bites big monkey biscuits!  You want to fix something, fix the dang Search button.

GolfnHog

Forgiven! I was in meetings all day and I get on to catch up and I had a  "AYSM" minute. When I fixed a drink and came back and all was right in the universe.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Doug on August 05, 2014, 05:06:11 pm

Activating the [you] feature would have been more fun. ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Augustus

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on August 05, 2014, 06:16:54 pm

I read mention of this in another thread the other day, but wasn't on Hogville when it was around... what is it?

Boardon Hamsay

August 05, 2014, 06:57:47 pm #13 Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:08:25 pm by Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie
Quote from: Augustus on August 05, 2014, 06:20:13 pm
I read mention of this in another thread the other day, but wasn't on Hogville when it was around... what is it?

Well I'm glad you asked as I believe [you] is lost piece of Hogville culture. When enabled, typing [you] in a post would then show up to everyone else as their moniker. One day, a few years ago, this feature was enabled for a glorious few hours. 'Twas a great night, if you caught what was going on. If you didn't catch it, it lead to a ton of "internal combustion". You can probably imagine MMQB was a casserole of shenaninganry with this power unleashed. Alas, it may never come back but it was arguably one of the top 5 moments in Hogville history.

Augustus

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on August 05, 2014, 06:57:47 pm
Well I'm glad you asked as I believe [you] is lost piece of Hogville culture. When enabled, typing [you] in a post would then show up to everyone else as their moniker. One day, a few years ago, this feature was enabled for a glorious few hours. 'Twas a great night, if you caught what was going on. If you didn't catch it, it lead to a ton of "internal combustion". You can probably imagine MMQB was a casserole of shenaninganry with this power unleashed. Alas, it may never come back but it was arguably one of the top 5 moments in Hogville history.

HAHAHA! +1 for explaining it... Yes, I can imagine that did cause quite a stir!

the [you] and the "Alma Sonic" were the biggest questions I had about previous Hogville lore.  I just figured the "Alma Sonic" was where posters were expected to show up, to... um... "settle" discussions?

BPsTheMan

I'll never forgive you  >:(

BPsTheMan

oxbaker

Amateur hour, IYAM, IMHO, LOL.

Doug

Quote from: oxbakerAmateur hour, IYAM, IMHO, LOL.
If you want the keys, you're certainly welcome to them.

On second thought, I just remembered that you went to Auburn. You don't possess enough intelligence to do anything but be the jock strap collector for the Softball team.

(And yes, I am kidding. Got no beef with Women's Softball or Auburn themselves. :D)
--Doug

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on August 05, 2014, 06:57:47 pm

I think I did internally combust when it happened! Thinking back though it was funny.

grayhawg

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on August 05, 2014, 06:16:54 pm
LOL!   That was a blast, I will never forget the first time I saw it I thought what did I do to that guy?

snoblind

Some of us would pay cash money for that.  Most fun I've ever had on a message board.  Doug, you & Lanny could quietly poll some of the old timers.  The coin could add up rather quickly. 

snoblind

Quote from: Augustus on August 05, 2014, 07:33:42 pm
HAHAHA! +1 for explaining it... Yes, I can imagine that did cause quite a stir!

the [you] and the "Alma Sonic" were the biggest questions I had about previous Hogville lore.  I just figured the "Alma Sonic" was where posters were expected to show up, to... um... "settle" discussions?

IIRC, it was Skip who challenged someone to meet there to get their butt kicked.  He and Zeke in K. C. (who is back here now) have probably been kicked off every Hog message board that has ever been existence.  At least Zeke always comes back as Zeke. 

My favorite was Big Deal though.  Last I saw of him was on Nafoom when TCTWF was at Ole Miss.

Thank you.

Wildhog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 07, 2014, 01:52:18 pm
Umm, where's the tab to start a new thread?

OKAY, I'm not going crazy.

I thought mods/admins had turned off my ability to edit posts or start new threads.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on August 07, 2014, 01:53:33 pm
OKAY, I'm not going crazy.

I thought mods/admins had turned off my ability to edit posts or start new threads.

Me too, I was going to add a link to a post, but couldn't.

Augustus

Yep. My "start new thread" is gone also.

Also, I can't edit an existing thread (poll) i started.

Not sure if it's for every poster, or I was flagged for breaking a rule

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Dr. Starcs

Me too. And can't reply in certain threads?

Doug

Apparently, I targeted the wrong group permissions... was trying to target a specific board... and did a global group.  Please go to the TEST forum and try to create a new thread, edit it, create a poll, edit it, delete... only need a few people to test this out, please.
--Doug

razorbackkid

Quote from: Doug on August 07, 2014, 02:45:05 pm
Apparently, I targeted the wrong group permissions... was trying to target a specific board... and did a global group.  Please go to the TEST forum and try to create a new thread, edit it, create a poll, edit it, delete... only need a few people to test this out, please.

Been hanging out with Nick Marshall?  ;)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

chitwnhog

That was such a confusing but ultimately hilarious time...

Augustus

I would, but no comprende regarding the Test forum. Didn't know there was one

chitwnhog

The only thing I see wrong now is the Modify feature seems to have disappeared.

chitwnhog

Quote from: DawgTownHog on August 07, 2014, 03:09:02 pm
The only thing I see wrong now is the Modify feature seems to have disappeared.

Nevermind..