Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 05, 2014, 02:20:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WILL CLINTON

what is the significance of Gragg signing FAA with 5 schools? Does that guarantee him a spot at all schools, or what? Kind of confused by that one...
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on August 05, 2014, 04:51:05 pm
what is the significance of Gragg signing FAA with 5 schools? Does that guarantee him a spot at all schools, or what? Kind of confused by that one...

An FAA allows unlimited communication between the recruit and the school. It does not bind the recruit to the school (as an LOI would), but it does bind the school to the recruit to ensure his scholarship will be there come signing day.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ricepig

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 05, 2014, 04:53:54 pm
An FAA allows unlimited communication between the recruit and the school. It does not bind the recruit to the school (as an LOI would), but it does bind the school to the recruit to ensure his scholarship will be there come signing day.

Not quite that simple any more.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2032399-ncaa-recruiting-rule-change-brings-financial-aid-rule-back-to-its-true-intention

redeye

Didn't Pat Allen have ties to Arkansas?  I thought we had a shot at him.  Wish he would have visited before committing to Georgia.

Heinrich seems to be another peculiar 4-star recruit.  His only offer is from Iowa State.  I could better understand if he was committed to Iowa State, but he's not.  I wonder what the story is with him?

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2014, 04:59:33 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2032399-ncaa-recruiting-rule-change-brings-financial-aid-rule-back-to-its-true-intention

Ok, now I read on twitter that Gragg plans to sign 6 FAA's, I didn't even know he had planned on enrolling early. I guess the big question will be who's does he sign first? Technically, everyone else will be in violation if he doesn't enroll at their school, or something like that.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: redeye on August 05, 2014, 07:24:33 pm
Didn't Pat Allen have ties to Arkansas?  I thought we had a shot at him.  Wish he would have visited before committing to Georgia.

Heinrich seems to be another peculiar 4-star recruit.  His only offer is from Iowa State.  I could better understand if he was committed to Iowa State, but he's not.  I wonder what the story is with him?

His dad was from Arkansas.

The Recruiting Guy

7:41 update on a Dallas DB that's never visited Arkansas but lists them as a finalist.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/aug/05/tuesday/

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on August 05, 2014, 07:45:54 pm
7:41 update on a Dallas DB that's never visited Arkansas but lists them as a finalist.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/aug/05/tuesday/

I guess he feels like he needed a top 5.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2014, 04:59:33 pm

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2014, 07:36:50 pm
Ok, now I read on twitter that Gragg plans to sign 6 FAA's, I didn't even know he had planned on enrolling early. I guess the big question will be who's does he sign first? Technically, everyone else will be in violation if he doesn't enroll at their school, or something like that.

It is still pretty simple, as long as the schools don't publicly comment on the player, which they're trained to not don't do until signing day anyways.

Note what the article says:

Quote"The only way a school knew if a player had signed another agreement elsewhere would be if that school had announced it or the prospect not only disclosed that information, but the order in which he signed agreements."
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

secneahog

I know once we start winning games, new names will be popping up every week. 

I really want Kj Hill.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 05, 2014, 08:37:28 pm
It is still pretty simple, as long as the schools don't publicly comment on the player, which they're trained to not don't do until signing day anyways.

Note what the article says:

You've missed all the talk from Bielema on Storey? I guess these 6 schools will wait until he announces on Nov 18th.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2014, 08:44:50 pm
You've missed all the talk from Bielema on Storey? I guess these 6 schools will wait until he announces on Nov 18th.

Stores only signed one. If all six schools talk about the kid, five will receive a violation. Isn't it one secondary violation each time?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: ricepig on August 05, 2014, 08:44:50 pm

If we're the first to do it, we're fine. Look at the example from the article. Tennessee got it first, so the three other schools would get a violation.

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on August 05, 2014, 10:49:55 pm
Stores only signed one. If all six schools talk about the kid, five will receive a violation. Isn't it one secondary violation each time?

Correct.

Music City Hog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on August 05, 2014, 10:49:55 pm

Violations don't matter anymore.  You can do whatever you want.  A secondary violations is like a jay walking ticket:   It doesn't exist.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 06, 2014, 12:29:32 am
Violations don't matter anymore.  You can do whatever you want.  A secondary violations is like a jay walking ticket:   It doesn't exist.

Very true, but if is us or Louisville you better believe we would get the death penalty.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."