Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can bielema produce a talented backfield like nutt year in and out?

Started by Sweet Feet, August 05, 2014, 01:21:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rlamb

We're running back U, didn't you know that? Before Nutt and after Nutt!
Always. 7 All Americans, 10 All SWC's and 5 All SEC's in the last 60.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Nutt had very little to do with the great running backs we've had and the success some of them had.

I have faith that BB in the HC role will get great RBs, develop them properly and use them to their full potential.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

acey33

Tejas_Pete

Nutt lucked into some RB's like McFadden and Hillis. He also had no passing game so running numbers were gonna look good.

I am skeptical of BB, but pulling in Alex Collins was impressive and the line he is building combined with an efficient passing game should produce running results far better than Nutt.

three hog night

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on August 06, 2014, 05:05:00 am
Nutt had very little to do with the great running backs we've had and the success some of them had.

I have faith that BB in the HC role will get great RBs, develop them properly and use them to their full potential.

Bielema and Pittman are nationally recognized for developing Olineman and Running Backs.   Bielema and Pittman are building the Olines that will attract great skill players.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

SPAL

Hogwild

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 05, 2014, 04:45:47 pm
It's hard to imagine a better backfield the the best one in NCAA history but if you are talking about Win and Loses then I'm positive that his backfield will produce as much or more.

Do you really believe that Nutt had the best backfield in NCAA history?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hogwild on August 06, 2014, 12:47:25 pm

You must have confused what I said, I didn't say Nutt coached the best backfield in history.

Yes, at the college they were the best to me and a lot of people.  If your not a fan then you thinking just one of the best is fine.  Anything less than that, well...

razorbackkid

Quote from: Hogwild on August 06, 2014, 12:47:25 pm
It should certainly rank in the top 5 imo....
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 06, 2014, 12:55:36 pm
It should certainly rank in the top 5 imo....

It would certainly be hard to find one team that produced three at the same time, all in the league going into their seventh season and all three having produced 1000 yd years.  Individually, yes they would all be way down the list in the NFL.  However at the college level DMac would rank pretty high.

Hogwild

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 06, 2014, 12:52:18 pm
You must have confused what I said, I didn't say Nutt coached the best backfield in history.

Yes, at the college they were the best to me and a lot of people.  If your not a fan then you thinking just one of the best is fine.  Anything less than that, well...

I think Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas was the best in college history, just ahead of USC Heisman winners White and Allen. Best triple threat imo would be Portis, Gore, and McGahee

The best in SEC history would be interesting choice-
Alabama- Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson and Lacy
Arkansas- DMAC, F. Jones, Hillis
Auburn- Cadillac, Ronnie Brown, Brandon Jacobs
LSU- Jimmy Taylor, Johnny Robinson and Billy Cannon
Tennessee- Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, Travis Stephens
Georgia- Hershel Walker and whatever Fullbacks he had

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hogwild on August 06, 2014, 07:16:56 pm
I think Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas was the best in college history, just ahead of USC Heisman winners White and Allen. Best triple threat imo would be Portis, Gore, and McGahee

Won't argue with your opinion, it's yours.  How many of those groups were drafted or signed with a team the same year?

razorbackfanatic

Build a dominate OL and guys like Michael Jenkins, Alvin Ray, Kyle Dickerson, etc could have 1,000 yard rushing seasons. Now build a dominate OL and guys like Alex Collins, JWill who have already ran for a 1,000 or 900+ with a young OL that only had one spring and summer in Herbs program, will be Doak Walker finalists. Add top notch QB recruits like Storey and Peavey and things are getting exciting!

razorbackkid

Quote from: Hogwild on August 06, 2014, 07:16:56 pm

These were very good.  It seemed Henry hurt us more than Lewis.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Atlhogfan1

I think Bielema can do a better job of attracting backs from outside of Arkansas and even region to Arkansas which increases our recruiting pool.  RB's is something the state of Arkansas has produced for decades.

What happened to the Modify feature?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.