Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QB & Receivers last year - and forward

Started by ballz2thewall, August 05, 2014, 12:36:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballz2thewall

i am in the camp with bigpig and robert shields.

with regard to qb and receivers........

last year was basically the best it could be all things considered.  considering that we played what we had, AND that we're rebuilding, there was no need to burn the younger allen.  build him. give him that year.

again, all things considered, there's not much else that we could have done.

and while there is an emphasis on "system", i think that "system" relates more to personnel more than the style of the game.  what i mean is, generally speaking, last year we would not have fared too well in any offensive system.

we did not have adequate horses in number that were ready to race, whether it a sprint or distance.  the system was less an issue - its the horses.

and this is why the younger allen issue is relevant.  arkansas gets recruits that on average, require more time to develope on par with other teams players that step up quicker.

receiving corp. same thing, really.

just some thoughts....
The rest of the frog.

scruf

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

60 Minutes of Hell

Quote from: ballz2thewall on August 05, 2014, 12:36:42 pm
with regard to qb and receivers........

last year was basically the best it could be all things considered.

Oh, man.
What a fool I used to be.

B-Ross2417

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

BorderPatrol

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way—in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of the noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

bp