Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida Pipeline is becoming legit

Started by three hog night, August 04, 2014, 08:59:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominicanhog

Quote from: jackflash on August 15, 2014, 06:43:46 am
I think the things that going to help us the most recruiting Florida is. In 2013 we got four two of them have already played Collins and Kirkland. looks like Coley going to play this year. This year we got five. I believe four could play this year Ramsey, Floyd, Edwards, Robinson with Brown redshirting. To me this sent a message, you come the chances are you will play. Playing time is your best recruiting tool, I think.

I said before that I think in a couple years we'll have more Florida players on our team than any other state besides Arkansas.

forrest city joe

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 15, 2014, 04:11:31 am
I honestly think we're kind of abandoning the Florida receuiting project. Not abandoning altogether. We'll still recruit there but not nearly as much as Bielema said he wanted to a year ago. Partridge was the main connection down there. Mcdonald would have contributed as well. Randy Shannon was supposed to contribute but he really hasn't done anything on the recruiting trail as far as competing with other major schools is concerned. He's only plucked a few lightly recruited "projects" that could turn into good players down the line and there's nothing wrong with that. But let's not pretend he's stolen any 4 or 5 stars from UM or UF. Jojo Robinson could count but FSU (who he was committed to) basically told him to kick rocks and that's how we got in the picture.

The new recruiting coordinator EK Franks has said the words "Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma" and "Arkansas" abut 100x more than he's said the word "Florida". I think once Partridge went to FAU, the staff shifted their focus more on Louisiana and Texas then Florida. Clay Jennings getting hired only accentuated that.
There is no evidence what so ever that coach B is abandoning FL. NONE. what makes you even think this?

Wildhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 15, 2014, 10:13:45 am
There is no evidence what so ever that coach B is abandoning FL. NONE. what makes you even think this?

Apparently they're having Shannon spend less time in Florida, and sending him to Louisiana and Mississippi.  It's a terrible idea, particularly Mississippi.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Richard_white

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 15, 2014, 04:11:31 am
I honestly think we're kind of abandoning the Florida receuiting project. Not abandoning altogether. We'll still recruit there but not nearly as much as Bielema said he wanted to a year ago. Partridge was the main connection down there. Mcdonald would have contributed as well. Randy Shannon was supposed to contribute but he really hasn't done anything on the recruiting trail as far as competing with other major schools is concerned. He's only plucked a few lightly recruited "projects" that could turn into good players down the line and there's nothing wrong with that. But let's not pretend he's stolen any 4 or 5 stars from UM or UF. Jojo Robinson could count but FSU (who he was committed to) basically told him to kick rocks and that's how we got in the picture.

The new recruiting coordinator EK Franks has said the words "Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma" and "Arkansas" abut 100x more than he's said the word "Florida". I think once Partridge went to FAU, the staff shifted their focus more on Louisiana and Texas then Florida. Clay Jennings getting hired only accentuated that.

Actually we have about 4-5 kids from Florida that we are high on.  And may get 2-3 of them. I wouldn't call that abandoning Florida by any means.

Wildhog

Quote from: Richard_white on August 15, 2014, 03:58:58 pm
Actually we have about 4-5 kids from Florida that we are high on.  And may get 2-3 of them. I wouldn't call that abandoning Florida by any means.

I think we get another 4-5 Florida kids this year, to be honest.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogInFlorida

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 15, 2014, 10:13:45 am

Everything that our recruiting coordinator has said. Have you listened to him talk? He won't shut up about Louisiana and Texas and he never mentions florida.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Richard_white

Quote from: Wildhog on August 15, 2014, 03:59:48 pm
I think we get another 4-5 Florida kids this year, to be honest.

I wouldn't be surprised.  There is a player out of Forida that doesn't have an offer yet but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets one.  Anthony Bennentt.

Wildhog

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 15, 2014, 04:02:42 pm
Everything that our recruiting coordinator has said. Have you listened to him talk? He won't shut up about Louisiana and Texas and he never mentions florida.

You have a unblemished record of reading between the lines, huh?  :)
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on August 15, 2014, 04:08:22 pm
You have a unblemished record of reading between the lines, huh?  :)

I'm pretty good at coloring between the lines, that count?

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on August 15, 2014, 04:51:28 pm
I'm pretty good at coloring between the lines, that count?

Close enough.  I'm calling kangaroo court.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wahls

There are some decent ideas here but I feel like a lot of you guys are missing the mark a bit:

I don't think the key to us winning in the near future is to develop a "pipeline" anywhere but in-state.

The key is to setup shop in all the major hotspots and take what we can get.

Reason being, 9/10 times we're not going to beat out the regional team that will have that area locked down. We're going to have to market playing time, coach experience, location (occasionally), scheme, and other factors to draw some of these kids. Some kids will leave. They will very likely be the exception from that area.

We're never going to consistently get kids from very different regions to play here unless we go on an Alabama-esque run.

We just need a presence in Florida, Texas, California, Northeast, etc. We will occasionally get the playmakers to go with our in-state guys and go from there.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Dominicanhog

Quote from: GalaHawg on August 17, 2014, 08:51:53 pm

http://instagram.com/p/r0SobDGmcE/

that's 10 in 2 classes... extrapolate 5 years you have 20-25 in that picture, same with Texas and 30ish homegrown boys leaving 30 or so from everywhere else, mostly Ok, La, Ga and Mo.

three hog night

Quote from: Dominicanhog on August 18, 2014, 04:15:23 pm
that's 10 in 2 classes... extrapolate 5 years you have 20-25 in that picture, same with Texas and 30ish homegrown boys leaving 30 or so from everywhere else, mostly Ok, La, Ga and Mo.

Obviously We will start getting better quality with more wins.   The good thing about our  Florida pipeline is that we signed kids from historic powerhouse high schools that always produce talent.  We don't have pipelines in the historic powerhouse HS in Texas.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Tusks

I'll take the FL kids everyday of the week.  The numbers are amazing.

FL, FSU & UM can only take 75 kids.  The rest have to go to school somewhere.  I will take the FL 100 to 250 over any states top 50 to 150.

Go look at the schools like WVU, Whisky, MichSU, UNC, NCST, KY, Louisville, etc.  They all have FL players contributing on their roster.

I would love for the hogs to get 5 players every year from FL and then keep 4, attrition, and after 5 years that's 20 probably pretty damn good players on your roster.  Even if they aren't AllAm that's a hell of a nickel back or safety or back up DL and then a couple of starters that are better than what you can get in other states.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dwight_K_Shrute

How about instead of saying they are abandoning Florida say they are balancing it out, or expanding their reach. 

All things being equal most years it will be easier to get a kid from a border state to commit than it will to get a FL kid.  It's simple geography.  It doesn't mean abandoning Florida it just means spreading assistants out to minimize risk, maximize exposure and return.  FL kids are great, LA kids are great, TX kids are great.  LA produces a boatload of talent and only has one major FBS school.  Everyone recruits Texas and everyone recruits Florida.  There will be up years and down years for our success in landing guys from different states that's why it is good to be focused in on several.  Jennings was a huge get in reestablishing Texas ties and there was no way we were landing another Partridge for South Florida. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

three hog night

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 20, 2014, 10:37:56 am
How about instead of saying they are abandoning Florida say they are balancing it out, or expanding their reach. 

All things being equal most years it will be easier to get a kid from a border state to commit than it will to get a FL kid.  It's simple geography.  It doesn't mean abandoning Florida it just means spreading assistants out to minimize risk, maximize exposure and return.  FL kids are great, LA kids are great, TX kids are great.  LA produces a boatload of talent and only has one major FBS school.  Everyone recruits Texas and everyone recruits Florida.  There will be up years and down years for our success in landing guys from different states that's why it is good to be focused in on several.  Jennings was a huge get in reestablishing Texas ties and there was no way we were landing another Partridge for South Florida.

Do we need another Charlie Partridge for Florida when we have Randy Shannon and 10 players from a number of top HS programs in South Florida?????
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

Wildhog

Quote from: three hog night on August 22, 2014, 05:58:36 am
Do we need another Charlie Partridge for Florida when we have Randy Shannon and 10 players from a number of top HS programs in South Florida?????

Charlie Partridge is one of the best recruiters in the country.  So...yes.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hog Fan...DOH!

three hog night

Quote from: Wildhog on August 22, 2014, 08:44:59 am
Charlie Partridge is one of the best recruiters in the country.  So...yes.

Well we DO NOT have Partridge and it does not seem to be crippling us.  Shannon and 10 South Florida players are doing just fine.

East TN HAWG

Partridge is a great recruiter.  We miss him.  I'm hoping Segrest can make up the difference in Xs and Os.  I don't hear Segrest's name in the recruiting game like i did with Partridge.