Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What channel will SEC network be on television in your area?

Started by bigpigonthehill, August 04, 2014, 03:22:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigonthehill

In Siloam Springs it is on Cox channel 77 and 2077 HD according to Huffington Post.
How the hell did we wind up like this? Why weren't we able to see the signs that we missed? And try to turn the tables. Nothing is wrong, just as long as you know that someday I will. Some day, Some how. Gonna make it alright but not right now. I know you're wondering when.

hogman99

Conway Corp cable will have it on Channel 50 and HD Channel 580.

East TN HAWG

earshot

redeye

Looks like it'll be channels 607 and 1607 on Uverse.  Or, right before the Longhorn Network.

BigSexyHog

No clue.  Wait on Verizon fios to pick up the sec network.   Let's go verizon need the hogs in Dallas-Fort Worth
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

texas tush hog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on August 04, 2014, 04:37:10 pm
No clue.  Wait on Verizon fios to pick up the sec network.   Let's go verizon need the hogs in Dallas-Fort Worth

Directv #611

Locutus_of_Boar

Searcy (White County Cable) SD on Channel 77 no word yet on the HD channel number.

MO.Hog

Victom

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

DC HOGFAN

Quote from: BigSexyHog on August 04, 2014, 04:37:10 pm
Need FiOS to step it up here in the DC suburbs, too.

ricepig

Quote from: DC HOGFAN on August 05, 2014, 04:24:53 pm
Need FiOS to step it up here in the DC suburbs, too.

I'm sure they will, they're about the only one left.

BigSexyHog

Direct TV in Dallas does me no good.  Need fios.   

BigSexyHog

Hope so Rice... I am thinking they will announce right before or shortly after it goes live.  At least I have my fingers crossed.

ricepig

Quote from: BigSexyHog on August 05, 2014, 04:38:41 pm
Hope so Rice... I am thinking they will announce right before or shortly after it goes live.  At least I have my fingers crossed.

Are they slow to add channels, rearrange channels? I've got Suddenlink and they are quick to raise rates and eliminate channels, haha. It's funny, they are scheduled to have a cable committee meeting to discuss their poor service and why they moved the TMC to a higher pay tier. I guess someone liked old b+w movies.

WJBilly

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Karma on August 04, 2014, 03:25:38 pm
Any word about Comcast?

Just called them 5 min ago. They didn't have answer yet. I'm in the Atlanta market.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

regi

Quote from: Laughing Hog on August 05, 2014, 06:45:36 pm
Just called them 5 min ago. They didn't have answer yet. I'm in the Atlanta market.

Saved me a call, I am thinking 117 or they will bring back 45 (old CSS chan).

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  2h

Find out what channel SEC Network will be on DirecTV, which package you need to get it | http://ow.ly/A1v1B

QuoteThe SEC Network will be available to DirecTV customers who subscribe to the "CHOICE" package and above...

The "CHOICE" package is the third-highest of six DirecTV packages, in terms of price and channel lineup. The package also includes ESPNU, the NFL Network, MLB Network, the Big Ten Network and Fox Sports 1...

The SEC Network will be Channel 611 on DirecTV (right after the Big Ten Network) and will also include alternate channels that will be utilized whenever two live events air at the same time. The network has simultaneous live football broadcasts scheduled for 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 6.

The WatchESPN app is not yet available on DirecTV, though those negotiations are reportedly ongoing...

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

ricepig

Channel 35 on Suddenlink in Jonesboro, it says, "The SEC Channel will launch on August 14th on this channel"  Hey, they did something right, first for them around here.

razorbackkid

Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2014, 12:47:24 pm
Channel 35 on Suddenlink in Jonesboro, it says, "The SEC Channel will launch on August 14th on this channel"  Hey, they did something right, first for them around here.
I lived just south of Jonesboro when the population was 11,280 or so.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

ricepig

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 06, 2014, 01:02:16 pm
I lived just south of Jonesboro when the population was 11,280 or so.
Yeah, I moved here in the mid 80's, big growth spurt.

razorbackkid

Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2014, 01:03:35 pm
Yeah, I moved here in the mid 80's, big growth spurt.
Used to ride my ten speed from Valley View to the old Indian Field House to play basketball in the '70's, I loved that old gym.

ricepig

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 06, 2014, 01:06:03 pm
Used to ride my ten speed from Valley View to the old Indian Field House to play basketball in the '70's, I loved that old gym.

Yep, when they doubled the land size through annexation in the 80's it exploded.

trashcan maN

Probably a dumb question, but will SEC Network be part of my existing package if I already have all of the other ESPN channels, or do you have to pay extra for it?

I already know it's available in my area..

razorbackkid

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 06, 2014, 01:31:39 pm
Probably a dumb question, but will SEC Network be part of my existing package if I already have all of the other ESPN channels, or do you have to pay extra for it?

I already know it's available in my area..
From my understanding if you live in the SEC footprint you'll get it at no additional cost.

trashcan maN

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 06, 2014, 01:35:39 pm
From my understanding if you live in the SEC footprint you'll get it at no additional cost.
Cool, I thought so. Went to getsecnetwork.com and everything was about availability. No question of an additional fee.

I'm just glad we have it covered here in OKC

razorbackkid

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 06, 2014, 01:44:50 pm
Cool, I thought so. Went to getsecnetwork.com and everything was about availability. No question of an additional fee.

I'm just glad we have it covered here in OKC
I live in southern Alabama....so you KNOW I'll get it for free!!!!!   :)

hogfan870

My local provider has added SEC network, but only in standard definition.  I was wondering if that was true for other providers.  Thinking about switching to direct or dish, assuming they have it in HD. 

barlingmike

WJBilly

HawgNthaWater

I'm not digging at you personally. I can promise you without a doubt with the money backing this network they wouldn't be stupid enough to launch without HD... 3D and 4K maybe only on select areas but in 2014 every market will have HD. To add a hogville favorite #takeittothebank
"Listen old man, it's 4th and 1. Either stand up and watch, or just imagine the sh*t like you did during the golden era of radio!"

Hog N Bama

Hog N Bama

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 06, 2014, 01:46:56 pm
I live in southern Alabama....so you KNOW I'll get it for free!!!!!   :)
I live is South Alabama as well and on Uverse it is 1607 and in HD  ;D

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Most Suddenlink customers will have the HD version on channel 800.  SD version will be all over the place...
Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

k.c.hawg

Where in the hell is there anything in just standard definition? Haven't heard of that on anything other than the ESPN Gameplan/Espn Fullcourt which the SEC Network will render useless. Find another provider if they don't have it in HD.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

eric_mullins34

For Ritter Communications...
NEA: SD - 77 HD - 222
Tri-County: 65
West Tennessee: SD - 78 HD - 555
Calling the Hogs from NEA!

Ray Zor

Direct still only offers ESPN Classic in SD. Why is that?
GO HOGS

Bucksnort

What channel the SEC Network will be on in Springdale?

lefty08

Quote from: Bucksnort on August 10, 2014, 12:57:12 pm

All i have heard is channel 611 on DirecTV
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Bucksnort

Cox has done a pitiful job of informing their customers. The network begins this week!

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Bucksnort on August 10, 2014, 12:57:12 pm

Uverse has placed it among ESPN's family on networks (ESPN, 2, News, U, Classic) so look for it around those existing channels.

HogPsych

ricepig

My question is, at times they will have two games on the network at the same time, especially early on. Has anyone seen multiple channels, or will we just get one game?