Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA athletic department once again lost on "branding" and "strategic vision"

Started by Rey Pygsterio, August 04, 2014, 12:37:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greghog

Quote from: Augustus on August 05, 2014, 06:10:47 pm
What device were you using? If a PC, what browser? (and browser version)

I tried it with IE, Firefox, & Chrome... same results for all 3.

Upon clicking the main "schedule" link... the sub page appears, and I have to click (not hover) on a Sport.  Then, a season.  Hovering does nothing with all 3 browsers.

Upon clicking football and 2014-15 season, all games appear. Not one by one.  And, the Team's icon (or logo) showed up next to the team name.  So, by "Tigers" I knew whether it was Auburn, LSU, or methzou.

And, it was obvious to me the home team was in the right column.  Isn't that a standard across all sites when displaying schedules or scores?  Doesn't the ticker on ESPN present the home team on the right when displaying scores?

I guess they could have put "@" or "at"... to signify home team instead of "vs"... but the home team would still be on the right.  I just thought that was a standard.

I didn't start looking at the website until this thread started... and I've had no problems navigating the website. 

Finding the schedule is a east 1-2-3... click Schedules, click the sport, and click the season. 

The complaints some are bringing up, I just don't see the what they're talking about.

My one call out is they don't have a Hog in the universal banner.  But, if the tradeoff is, it isn't the forward facing Hog?  Then, I can live with that.

The front facing Hog is the one criticism I have with the entire "rebranding"

Chrome.  And I just tried it again with Firefox.

When I go to "schedules" it just gives me a display for this week.  If I pick a sport, say football, it says "No events are available for the dates selected" because there are no games this week.  If there is a way to change it from a weekly view to a season or even a month, I didn't see it.

As to the schedule under "sports" and "football" I wasn't trying to say it listed each one separately, yes it list the whole schedule, but it is NOT effective to say "vs. Tigers".  "Huskies vs. Arkansas", even with any symbol is ANYTHING but effective.  I will say when I was there earlier today there were no "symbols" could have been a slow internet where I was.  They are there now so it is better. 

One thing web designers don't seem to take into consideration is not everyone has access to fast internet.  Seems like they are always wanting to use all the latest most bandwidth using things.   

TomasPistola

Quote from: greghog on August 05, 2014, 07:57:09 pm

When I go to "schedules" it just gives me a display for this week.  If I pick a sport, say football, it says "No events are available for the dates selected" because there are no games this week.  If there is a way to change it from a weekly view to a season or even a month, I didn't see it.

As to the schedule under "sports" and "football" I wasn't trying to say it listed each one separately, yes it list the whole schedule, but it is NOT effective to say "vs. Tigers".  "Huskies vs. Arkansas", even with any symbol is ANYTHING but effective.  I will say when I was there earlier today there were no "symbols" could have been a slow internet where I was.  They are there now so it is better. 

One thing web designers don't seem to take into consideration is not everyone has access to fast internet.  Seems like they are always wanting to use all the latest most bandwidth using things.   

You can pick the week you want to view and see ALL the sports that are playing that week (a feature I like because I like more than just the big 3 sports). Click the week and a handy calendar shows up and you pick the week. Easy peasy. If you want a full schedule for a particular sport you sort it that way including the year for those that like to revisit the past.

I really don't get the complaints about ease of use.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Augustus

Quote from: greghog on August 05, 2014, 07:57:09 pm

Oh.  this is what I see with Firefox.  Upon clicking "Schedules", and selecting the sport... I then have to choose which year's season before anything will be served up.

And, I'm not on dial up, but certainly don't have broadband. I have very crappy Windstream DSL service.

Edit:  The scheduling page(s) was the same the past 2 days, or whenever this thread was created... and I actually tried to see what people were complaining about

[attachment deleted by admin]

RAD

It's nothing more than a starting point for someone wanting to learn about the Razorbacks. Everyone has Google at the touch of their smartphone to dig deeper.

Sure you'll get facts, stats, some vids and pics. That's all well and fine and what it's there for. But that's all you will get. Think about it this way: When you're looking to buy a car, are you just going to go to the manufacturer's website and buy into everything that is written there?? Of course not. You're going to look around for more subjective content.

For many, it's just more or less an introduction into learning about the program.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

BPsTheMan

where the hell is the normal roster, without pictures, with incoming freshmen added?

link please..

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

TomasPistola

You were right.
You did a great job.

PonderinHog

greghog

Quote from: Augustus on August 05, 2014, 08:30:39 pm
Oh.  this is what I see with Firefox.  Upon clicking "Schedules", and selecting the sport... I then have to choose which year's season before anything will be served up.

And, I'm not on dial up, but certainly don't have broadband. I have very crappy Windstream DSL service.

Edit:  The scheduling page(s) was the same the past 2 days, or whenever this thread was created... and I actually tried to see what people were complaining about

After my last post I did see what you were talking about.  My first efforts were on a very slow connection.  I could not get the "year" to even show up.

I still am not a fan, but, it isn't as bad as I thought, if you have a good connection.  I just don't always have that.  I prefer "simpler" sites because of that (ones that don't use so much bandwidth).

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on August 04, 2014, 12:40:09 pm
Ok, I guess you're not computer savvy. By the way, my 88yr old mom had no problem with it, and she can't make a call on her iPhone.
If your mom is 88, how old are u?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2014, 06:02:25 am
56, why? My dad is 95, an uncle turns 100 in Sept.

I'm 57. This whippersnapper younger generation thinks they invented the internet....................well they need to know Al Gore isn't that young!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on August 06, 2014, 06:02:25 am
56, why? My dad is 95, an uncle turns 100 in Sept.
surprised that you would likely be in your 60's. But turns out that just have older parents. I am 52 and my father is 75. If my mom were living, she would be 71 now.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.