Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bequette to Cal

Started by Oklahawg, August 03, 2014, 06:57:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

SemperFi

Congrats to the young man. Wish him the best.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ArkansasI

Luc has a very proud legacy to follow at Arkansas. He spent several years of his youth in California.

I would love to see him in a Hog uniform. And I wish him all the luck in the world in Berkley.

This was never a player that would decide between the Hogs and another SEC team.

Go get 'em Luc!

tophawg19

he could still get a hog offer
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Ugly Uncle

I hate to see any Bequette leave the state as they are the finest family I have ever known.  Good luck to Luc and hope he becomes a star out there.
Retired Radio Host

trashcan maN

Gonna get a grade A education. Hopefully he can help pull that program out of the cellar

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 03, 2014, 07:35:28 pm
I hate to see any Bequette leave the state as they are the finest family I have ever known.  Good luck to Luc and hope he becomes a star out there.

But given the family's history....if there were any shot of a scholarship to the UofA; I don't think we would have seen a commit to Cal this early.

That said...if Luc is an academic who is looking for football to pay his way through school, then one could hardly argue with him committing to Cal over the Hogs.

It's all relative

Porkahontas

Best of luck in California to the young man.

Much easier to wish a kid luck like this where they likely wanted to be at Arkansas but the offer just didn't come for whatever reasons. Not like he said no and went to a rival conference school. And yes, I know these kids can go anywhere they want but like Josh Frazier said on twitter that got a lot of people pissed off last year, we're not gonna sit here and cheer for you if you are lining up against Arkansas.

redeye

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 03, 2014, 07:33:23 pm
he could still get a hog offer

That wouldn't surprise me any.  I'm not sure all players have the luxury of waiting for NSD before making a decision.

RNHog

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on August 03, 2014, 08:42:35 pm

But given the family's history....if there were any shot of a scholarship to the UofA; I don't think we would have seen a commit to Cal this early.

That said...if Luc is an academic who is looking for football to pay his way through school, then one could hardly argue with him committing to Cal over the Hogs.

It's all relative

Yup. Hate up say it but it's a way better academic school.

bruisemeister

This kills me. Losing a legacy. How bad is the program if that happens. You know you can't go wrong if they are a Bequette.

rusvegashog

So he's gonna spend his formative "best" years of his life  in Berkley California and y'all think he could just be waiting on that U of A offer? Really?  Ill give that one a big fat L O L!!!  Have fun kid.

Paul

What a great place to spend the next 4 yrs.  Good luck!

mizzouman

Quote from: bruisemeister on August 04, 2014, 02:15:03 am
This kills me. Losing a legacy. How bad is the program if that happens. You know you can't go wrong if they are a Bequette.
Luc didn't grow up in Arkansas.  Only moved here last year.  Has been in Little Rock less than a year.  So his ties to the state isn't as much as Jake's.

Hawg Red

Quote from: mizzouman on August 04, 2014, 07:35:30 am
Luc didn't grow up in Arkansas.  Only moved here last year.  Has been in Little Rock less than a year.  So his ties to the state isn't as much as Jake's.

Don't have to have grown up in the state to have grown up a Hog fan. Especially in a family like that. (See Rafe Peavy)

KCRazorbackfan

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 03, 2014, 08:19:30 pm
Gonna get a grade A education. Hopefully he can help pull that program out of the cellar

Oh, I thought for a moment you were referencing Arkansas.
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

ArkansasI

I love Luc's film.  The kid runs - high energy.  He snapped for punts and was the first player down the field to cover.  I think he could play for us.

Luc's mom spent much of her childhood in San Jose.  And Luc spent several years in California. 

Still, I hate to see him go...

HawgnCorona

An interesting article if anyone cares to read it...

"Bequette became acquainted with Cal through his father Chris' connection to Bear defensive coordinator Art Kaufman as Chris suggested to Kaufman -an Arkansas native himself- that he might want to come check out his son or have him out to camp at Cal over the summer."

http://www.bearinsider.com/news/story.php?article=1145
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

wholehog92

Wish the kid luck, do hate to see a Bequette playing for another school.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: HawgnCorona on August 04, 2014, 10:49:05 am
An interesting article if anyone cares to read it...

"Bequette became acquainted with Cal through his father Chris' connection to Bear defensive coordinator Art Kaufman as Chris suggested to Kaufman -an Arkansas native himself- that he might want to come check out his son or have him out to camp at Cal over the summer."

Thanks for the link HawgnCorona.  Great read all around.  Didn't know that Chris had married Debi Thomas and that she is Luc's mother.  I knew Chris when we were both on the Hill.  I also know Art Kaufman through a couple of High School team mates that played with him at UAM (Go Weevils).

Best of luck to Luc at Cal.  I'm sure he'll make his parents, family, and all of us proud.

The Boar War

Whenever you get through wallowing in self pity you might want to look up and realize that you can't lose a recruit when you don't offer him.

pigture perfect

The Bequette's are my favorite Hog family. Wish Luc luck, but wish we would have offered as well.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 03, 2014, 06:57:01 pm
Luc Bequette commits to Cal.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/aug/03/bequette-commits-cal/

Best of luck.

I must admit that I hate to see this. Maybe he just wasn't up to the talent level that we felt that we needed, but 247 has him as a 3 star, as was Jake and he turned out to be pretty good.

I don't want to second guess the staff, but could he have turned out to be an over-achiever with development? Eh, we could still offer him and he could decommit from Cal and still wind up here, but I feel that this staff is aiming higher in recruiting and that might be enough to exclude him from an offer. It's too bad. I'd like to see him here if only as a "legacy" player. Do we owe the Bequette's who have played here, at least that much?
Go Hogs Go!

PonderinHog

What year is our long snapper?

ricepig

PonderinHog

wachhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2014, 05:21:49 pm
I must admit that I hate to see this. Maybe he just wasn't up to the talent level that we felt that we needed, but 247 has him as a 3 star, as was Jake and he turned out to be pretty good.

I don't want to second guess the staff, but could he have turned out to be an over-achiever with development? Eh, we could still offer him and he could decommit from Cal and still wind up here, but I feel that this staff is aiming higher in recruiting and that might be enough to exclude him from an offer. It's too bad. I'd like to see him here if only as a "legacy" player. Do we owe the Bequette's who have played here, at least that much?
Maybe he simply could not turn down the long term advantages of going to Cal? Considering who is parents are, I would be on it!

mhuff

Quote from: wachhog on August 04, 2014, 06:33:26 pm
Maybe he simply could not turn down the long term advantages of going to Cal? Considering who is parents are, I would be on it!

Maybe a bird in the hand was better than two in the bush. Sounds like we weren't knocking down his door. I hope that he enjoys his college experience and is successful in all that he does. I would loved to have seen him in a Razorback uniform. That name is to be respected as is the name Winston. Thanks to all former Razorbacks.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on August 04, 2014, 02:42:27 pm
Thanks for the link HawgnCorona.  Great read all around.  Didn't know that Chris had married Debi Thomas and that she is Luc's mother.  I knew Chris when we were both on the Hill.  I also know Art Kaufman through a couple of High School team mates that played with him at UAM (Go Weevils).

Best of luck to Luc at Cal.  I'm sure he'll make his parents, family, and all of us proud.

Oh yeah. She is a Ortho Surgeon with her own practice...The kid has some good genes although the way around. Good luck to him.

And I know UAM well. Go Weevils...Go Hogs!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

mhuff

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2014, 05:21:49 pm

Respect your loyalty. I do not think this to be the case..... but some kids do not want to play where a relative played because of comparisons. He tried and unless something happens to change the situation, he should have not regrets.

RNHog

Good gravy son. Get a tissue and suck it up.

Jek Tono Porkins

Well this guy is jake's cousin; if he were jake's brother it would be a different story. If he was still jake's cousin but had a different last name, the reaction on here would be "eh, he's a cousin" but since he has that last name, for some reason it's different.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Smokehouse

Quote from: rusvegashog on August 04, 2014, 02:24:01 am
So he's gonna spend his formative "best" years of his life  in Berkley California and y'all think he could just be waiting on that U of A offer? Really?  Ill give that one a big fat L O L!!!  Have fun kid.

I'd take Arkansas over Cali for any years in my life.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

rlreev01

I hope Ark offers the young man a scholly.  Even if he chooses to go to Cal, oy would be nice to honor his families history by giving him an offer at the least however, you cannot build a program offering players that do not fit your system.

texas tush hog

Quote from: HawgnCorona on August 04, 2014, 06:53:38 pm
Oh yeah. She is a Ortho Surgeon with her own practice...The kid has some good genes although the way around. Good luck to him.

And I know UAM well. Go Weevils...Go Hogs!!

She was also an Olympic ice skater. Won the Bronze medal in the 1988 Olympics.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on August 05, 2014, 09:38:26 am
Well this guy is jake's cousin; if he were jake's brother it would be a different story. If he was still jake's cousin but had a different last name, the reaction on here would be "eh, he's a cousin" but since he has that last name, for some reason it's different.

They both have the same grandfather, a former Hog, Luc's father was a Hog and his mother is a world class athlete. We need a long snapper too. I see no reason not to offer, but I am no coach either... That name has been just as much his legacy as a Razorback as Jakes prior to his stint here.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: texas tush hog on August 08, 2014, 06:46:08 pm
She was also an Olympic ice skater. Won the Bronze medal in the 1988 Olympics.

Yep...I remember it all very well.

My hope is they(UofA) offers him a scholarship.