Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Richardson Set to Enter Naismith Hall of Fame

Started by Mike Irwin, August 03, 2014, 03:14:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

FAYETTEVILLE--Nolan Richardson sat down with the Razorback Nation on the eve of his induction into the Naismith Hall of Fame to discuss what landed him in such prestigious company.

He addressed his impact on the game of college basketball during a 40 year career as a head coach and the success of his efforts to open the door from more black head coaches in the south.

Richardson also discussed the role that his "granny" played in his life and the impact she ended up having indirectly on the sport of college basketball.

TomBigBeeHog

Great interview Mike! Love hearing from Nolan how his granny pushed him to greatness. Granny's Day sounds like a great idea for a new national holiday for all the unsung grandma's out there.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

TomBigBeeHog

Dang! No NBA channel. Hope Nolan's speech gets replayed on arkansasrazorbacks.com or maybe youtube. Gotta see that.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

WilsonHog

Congratulations, coach.

[attachment deleted by admin]

panhandlepig

A picture is truly worth a thousand words sometimes. ..Congrats Coach and thanks. :razorback:

BigSexyHog

Just turned it on.  Hopefully I didn't miss him speak.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

dhornjr1

Big Papa Satan

Speaking right now.  Nolan's wearing a Razorback pin on his lapel, hog calls were heard in the hall.

WilsonHog

The man held court. Only way to describe it.

Loved it.

ImHogginIt

Best acceptance speech ever ! He had them rolling for a very long time. Larry Bird and Magic were loving him  :razorback:

Big Papa Satan

LL COOL HOG

1. I missed it.
2. There are not enough views or post in this thread.

whippersnapper

Great speech! Biased or not it is one of the best speeches ever.

dhornjr1

Knocked it out of the park.

Makes you proud to be a Razorback.

jbcarol

Scotty Thurman @RustonRifle  ·  14h
Great night! Enjoying this moment with one of the best to ever coach on any level!

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Nosboar Accubond

Great speech, surprised he didnt mention Coach A.

rusvegashog

I'll never understand Hogville. 3 threads on Nolan, but only half a page of comments between the three. 6 or 7 pages on wether or not we can form our own opinion when it comes to Tyler Wilson, but only a few comments on the Hall of Famer. Not that anyone cares, but we should be ashamed of ourselves.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: rusvegashog on August 14, 2014, 03:50:10 pm
I'll never understand Hogville. 3 threads on Nolan, but only half a page of comments between the three. 6 or 7 pages on wether or not we can form our own opinion when it comes to Tyler Wilson, but only a few comments on the Hall of Famer. Not that anyone cares, but we should be ashamed of ourselves.

This ^^^^^^ exactly

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: rusvegashog on August 14, 2014, 03:50:10 pm

+1

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: poloprince on August 24, 2014, 11:29:43 am
Nolan created a monster.  :razorback:

Monster Hog fan here. Somebody called?

Nolan, I smile when I think about the beat downs from back in the day. I love how we used to spank Houston when they had that space alien. What was his name? Greg something. Forget about a forehead, that dude had a fivehead.

Sweet Tom always left Fayetteville a little sour after we gut stomped them on the court. I am still a little peeved at Blanks for spitting on one of our guys but that is how bad we used to frustrate the shorthorns back in the day.

What can I say Bama, other than KY jelly, you were our toughest out. You know you stole that game from us with the phantom foul called on  Todd Day. I still count that as a win for us. I hope we kill you on the court this year.

Misswho, don't talk to me about basketball. Nothing you can do will overcome the thrashing we put on what you claim to be one of your best teams ever coached by your all time great.

There are so many more that we laid the wood to (LSWho with shaq and jackson) but you get the point. This monster fan always had something to munch on when Nolan was walking tall.

Thanks for the memories Nolan, I can't say it enough.

Großer Kriegschwein

And he kept Oliver Miller "thin". No small feat of coaching supremacy.
This is my non-signature signature.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2014, 01:24:16 am
And he kept Oliver Miller "thin". No small feat of coaching supremacy.

yeah, remember the special ops interception of a covert pizza delivery destined for a certain"hog" operating under the code name of "The Big O"?