Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Storey, Jefferson and Tretola updates

Started by The Recruiting Guy, August 02, 2014, 05:43:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Thanks Richard. man this is great news about Tretola . he made it. this guy is a monster. he is an NFL talent in my opinion. loved his JC video. he is a road-grader.

Hog N Bama

pondwater jack

Well Rd these arent big storys.  it triggered the wworst gout ive ever had but evrrone here knew so apparently it aint good enough for them! Thank you though cause its news to me
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Hawgzinbowlz

Our OL will be solid against Auburn and we will be even better against the heart of our SEC schedule. Our OOC schedule will help refine the front.
Looking forward to Ty, and the other early enrollees, arriving on campus in January. I think he'll be a great Hog.
Good information.

" GO HOGS "

TMc

Went back and watched film on Tretola.., man he is huge.  I hope he's halfway ready to go.  Maybe by the end of fall camp he can hopefully provide some depth.

IBleedRazorbackRed

I really hope Cameron Jefferson comes in and wins the starting center job. He'll probably pick up the playbook and nuances of the position faster than tretola. And he'd be a nice bridge for a young guy to takeover next year after some practice time and reps.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

trashcan maN

I'll be interested to see if someone other than Charp starts at Center. He's been an understudy to Swanson for several years..you'd think he'd be ready

forrest city joe

Quote from: secneahog on August 03, 2014, 09:33:03 am
Tretola is a beast.
Yes he is. i look for him to start at center this year. it's going to be hard to keep him off the field. he is the real deal.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 03, 2014, 10:05:48 am
Yes he is. i look for him to start at center this year. it's going to be hard to keep him off the field. he is the real deal.

My only concern is if he can pick up the nuances of the center position in under 30 days. I'd prefer Jefferson to win the center position, he has more experience and would probably make the switch easier. And then have tretola at guard.

forrest city joe

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on August 03, 2014, 10:08:42 am
My only concern is if he can pick up the nuances of the center position in under 30 days. I'd prefer Jefferson to win the center position, he has more experience and would probably make the switch easier. And then have tretola at guard.
Good point. if not center, i think he starts at OG, and Jefferson starts at Center. those 2 guys will be on the field in my opinion.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 03, 2014, 10:04:00 am
I'll be interested to see if someone other than Charp starts at Center. He's been an understudy to Swanson for several years..you'd think he'd be ready
Charpentier performed at a decent level last year and in the spring Smothers showed ability. I expect one or the other to start at Auburn and if another player surpasses them by Auburn, or later, we'll have something at center. Coach Pittman is paid well and I think he'll earn it this year. CP doesn't seem satisfied with mediocrity.
We should be solid on the OL and August 30 can't get here soon enough.

" GO HOGS "

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on August 03, 2014, 10:18:55 am
Charpentier performed at a decent level last year and in the spring Smothers showed ability. I expect one or the other to start at Auburn and if another player surpasses them by Auburn, or later, we'll have something at center. Coach Pittman is paid well and I think he'll earn it this year. CP doesn't seem satisfied with mediocrity.
We should be solid on the OL and August 30 can't get here soon enough.

" GO HOGS "
It depends. do you want to start a guy just because he's been there longer, ahead of a guy with a lot more talent? both Jefferson and Tretola have NFL type talent. i hope we put our most talented players on the field.

Paul

It seems as if the staff isn't overwhelmed by what they inherited on the OL.  Almost complete turnover by start of 2nd year(except Cook).

Steef

Quote from: Paul on August 03, 2014, 10:30:22 am
It seems as if the staff isn't overwhelmed by what they inherited on the OL.  Almost complete turnover by start of 2nd year(except Cook).

True that.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 03, 2014, 10:26:35 am
It depends. do you want to start a guy just because he's been there longer, ahead of a guy with a lot more talent? both Jefferson and Tretola have NFL type talent. i hope we put our most talented players on the field.
It's not wanting to start anyone other than who gives us the best opportunity to win. As I said in the post, if another player surpasses them before or after Auburn we'll have a better center than the ones with Hog experience.
To make it clear, I think Charpentier or Smothers will start at Auburn because they have more experience with our offensive schemes, on August 30. Our OOC schedule will allow the coaches to determine if another player gives us a better chance to win later. If another player jumps over Charpentier or Smothers, by Auburn, Coach Pittman will have something more than last year. I'm not sure a new player can pick up the line calls without more time on the field. We know Charpentier and Smothers have experience and I would guess we would err on the side of experience with Auburn being HUGE.
I'm with you FCJ. All Hog Fans want to put our best players on the field.  :razorback:

" GO HOGS "

onebadrubi

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 03, 2014, 10:15:48 am
Good point. if not center, i think he starts at OG, and Jefferson starts at Center. those 2 guys will be on the field in my opinion.

Regardless, these two guys add QUALITY depth, leadership, and experience.  Can only better good.

Country Stylz

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on August 02, 2014, 09:07:17 pm
I really hope Cameron Jefferson comes in and wins the starting center job. He'll probably pick up the playbook and nuances of the position faster than tretola. And he'd be a nice bridge for a young guy to takeover next year after some practice time and reps.
I can't see a new guy coming in an learning all the calls at center. Plus his first game will be at Auburn.

TMc

Quote from: Country Stylz on August 03, 2014, 03:17:48 pm
I can't see a new guy coming in an learning all the calls at center. Plus his first game will be at Auburn.

I'm with you here.., Tretola needed to go through spring practice, or at a minimum to be here for the summer.  He did neither.  If he can provide quality depth - it will be a bonus..- with the possibility of starting down the road.

forrest city joe

Quote from: TMc on August 03, 2014, 04:45:48 pm
I'm with you here.., Tretola needed to go through spring practice, or at a minimum to be here for the summer.  He did neither.  If he can provide quality depth - it will be a bonus..- with the possibility of starting down the road.
All depends on how good he is. if his talent is what i think it is. got to get him on the field.

hogwild210

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 03, 2014, 08:35:49 pm
All depends on how good he is. if his talent is what i think it is. got to get him on the field.

Nobody is doubting how talented he is. He's an future NFL player, for sure. But if he's making textbook blocks but on the wrong player because he doesn't know the scheme, all that talent is useless.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogwild210 on August 03, 2014, 09:09:15 pm
Nobody is doubting how talented he is. He's an future NFL player, for sure. But if he's making textbook blocks but on the wrong player because he doesn't know the scheme, all that talent is useless.
It's not Atomic Science it's football. he and Jefferson can learn in time to play in the Auburn game.if they can't then you have a point. i think both of them can.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Country Stylz on August 03, 2014, 03:17:48 pm

Jefferson should be able to pick it up easily. This will be his, what 4th year starting. That's why I think he wins the center position and tretola wins the other guard spot.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: pondwater jack on August 02, 2014, 08:10:22 pm
Well Rd these arent big storys.  it triggered the wworst gout ive ever had but evrrone here knew so apparently it aint good enough for them! Thank you though cause its news to me
Peace ,Hog brother and aloe vera juice.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

HogWildBison2011

I understand we are just speaking of Jefferson and Tretola... but a HUGE reason Frank Ragnow committed to the U of A is because we told him he will get a shot to start at center. If you haven't seen his HUDL i recommend doing so. He is a beast as well. I think we could see Brian Wallace in the 2 deep as well.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/757982/frank-ragnow

TMc

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 03, 2014, 08:35:49 pm

I don't doubt he's talented Joe.., but does he know the play book?  As a general rule Juco players usually need the spring and summer just to be able to contribute in the fall- this guy did neither.  If he doesn't know what he supposed to be doing - he will be a liability -regardless of how talented he is.

secneahog

I'm sure Tretola has been given a playbook long before he got to campus.

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

pfrg999

CBB can sure bring in the Big Hogs... Welcome to the Fold....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

SNORTZENHOGGER

Huuked on fonics werked for me...
Bobby, Fools'ball is from the devil... Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like HOGVILLE, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "HOGVILLE POSTERS" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

Paul

I'm glad we're having these discussions about transfers & JUCOs that are talented enough to start or contribute this year.

tophawg19

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 03, 2014, 10:26:35 am
You put the most ready player on the field . Talent doesn't help if they don't know what they are doing .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogwild210

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 04, 2014, 01:07:42 pm
You put the most ready player on the field . Talent doesn't help if they don't know what they are doing .

This.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: SNORTZENHOGGER on August 04, 2014, 12:19:56 pm
Huuked on fonics werked for me...

easy their cowboy, nobody picks on Mr. Water Jack.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

BOAR'N LEGACY

Quote from: secneahog on August 04, 2014, 08:24:34 am
I'm sure Tretola has been given a playbook long before he got to campus.

This!
"If it's important enough for you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse." - Jimmy Dykes

"What if DOG was spelled C-A-T?" - Oger

"Cinnabons from Taco Bell: They'll make you cream your pants!" - Nick Kremers

TMc

And Tretola came in "heavy" today.., not a surprise.., it will be mid season before he makes any meaningful contribution I bet.

swinesation

Quote from: hogwild210 on August 03, 2014, 09:09:15 pm
Nobody is doubting how talented he is. He's an future NFL player, for sure.

Really?! So you're 100% certain Tretola will play in the NFL? Wow.

BOAR'N LEGACY

Quote from: swinesation on August 09, 2014, 12:27:59 pm

Not 100%, only 99.999998%.   ;)  :razorback:
"If it's important enough for you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse." - Jimmy Dykes

"What if DOG was spelled C-A-T?" - Oger

"Cinnabons from Taco Bell: They'll make you cream your pants!" - Nick Kremers

forrest city joe

Nothing is 100% for sure. but i also think Tretola is an NFL player. i think he and Jefferson are both NFL players.

trashcan maN

Tretola weighs 370 lbs at the moment. Massive individual. I think the coaches are wanting him down around 350.

forrest city joe

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 09, 2014, 01:46:03 pm
Tretola weighs 370 lbs at the moment. Massive individual. I think the coaches are wanting him down around 350.
They will get 20 pounds off him before the season starts. working him out in the heat will help. along with lot's of running in the heat. got to get this guy on the field.

TMc

They like Tretola a lot from what I've read.., but he's too heavy right now.  That's why I hated he wasn't here during the summer at the minimum.  I still think it will be mid-season before he's productive.  He may play before then, but how productive will he be?  Hard to tell.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

It's like a re-laps of a bad one. Still counts...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: TMc on August 09, 2014, 04:38:13 pm
They like Tretola a lot from what I've read.., but he's too heavy right now.  That's why I hated he wasn't here during the summer at the minimum.  I still think it will be mid-season before he's productive.  He may play before then, but how productive will he be?  Hard to tell.
They believe he will be 350 lbs or below come the start of the season and that he is very powerful off the line. They were asking defenders who they don't want to get locked up with on the line and all of them kept saying Tretola.

orgkeith

Tretola is already down to 360 and will probably share time with Denver Kirkland at RG.

hogwild210

I'm not 100% certain about what I'm going to have for breakfast tomorrow, much less anything else. I just think Tretola has the tools to be an NFL player. If you disagree, that's fine. What did you bring to the thread by nitpicking like that?