Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

The hogs start the season 5-0?

ldfergu

Phil D

#1-0 The Hogs will beat Auburn, so yes i think they start 5-0. :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

bigbadhog

I think they win 5 for the year (at most).  Probably only 4 so no, I don't think they will the first 5...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

Man, talk about unrealistic expectations. It's good to be positive, but you may be setting yourself up on this one for a big letdown

Phil D

Quote from: Dr Carl aka Shorthog on August 02, 2014, 04:07:59 pm
Man, talk about unrealistic expectations. It's good to be positive, but you may be setting yourself up on this one for a big letdown

To be honest I am always this optimistic every year, But I am definitely not setting myself up for a letdown. truthfully no one knows how the season will play out before the first game is even played but I will not be letdown win or lose as long as the team shows improvement, But as an aside I really do feel We have an excellent chance to beat Auburn.... as far as the rest of the season, guess we will see. :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: Prestworthy on August 02, 2014, 03:20:44 pm
If we see the improvement that I'm thinking we will have... YES it is definitely possible.

GuvHog

I'll predict they go 4-1. I'm just not convinced that they'll beat Auburn but if they do, I'll be grinning like a Cheshire cat all the next week and enjoying the heck out of it.   ;D ;D
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Music City Hog

August 02, 2014, 04:29:51 pm #8 Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:43:08 pm by Music City Hog
I'd LOVE 3-2, but I'll say we start 2-3.

Losses to auburn, tech, and A&M.   If we could split tech and A&M and go 3-2 then it would be huge.

Deep Shoat

I think 4-1 with a real shot at Auburn.  But I can't quite make myself say, "We beat Auburn".
All Gas, No Brakes!

WashUhog6

If we make it through the first five games 5-0 then that would be fantastic. If the cards fall right I can certainly see 4-1 with a loss to Auburn, but even that seems like a reach for a team that still needs to learn how to win again.

However, I think that if we make it to the Alabama game at 3-2 then every Arkansas fan should be extremely pleased. That means that we got wins against the teams we should beat and stole one from Texas Tech or A&M--something we did not accomplish last year. 3-2 during the first week of October gives us a fair shot at a bowl, because at that point we will have one more cupcake (UAB), and then a chance to steal one from Georgia, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, or Missouri. If that happens then I like our chances of making a bowl.

ricepig

It's HV, thinking isn't allowed.

dc10x1103

gus is a better coach than BB      you can't begin to compare the offenses    so no, I do not think there is any way we beat auburn.

Pig Worshipper

I'd think 3-2 is much more likely than 5-0, which would be amazing!

Music City Hog

Quote from: RandomFan on August 02, 2014, 04:47:27 pm
we will NOT start out 5-0

There is optimistic,pessimistic, and realistic.

3-2 is realistic

3-2 is the best case scenario

GuvHog

IMHO if the Hogs are 4-1 when they play Alabama, that game will have a good attendance but if they are 5-0, there won't be an empty seat in the stadium.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Lake City Hog

Music, if we start the season 2-3 it will be a very long season!
3-2 means we a very possibly looking at a repeat of 2013.
4-1 means we have a pretty good shot at a bowl game and hope for the future.
5-0 means that some fan somewhere has been praying extra hard!!

4-1 is not an unreasonable expectation and that is my expectation.

alohawg

I do, If we beat Auburn.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Music City Hog

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 02, 2014, 04:56:17 pm
Music, if we start the season 2-3 it will be a very long season!
3-2 means we a very possibly looking at a repeat of 2013.
4-1 means we have a pretty good shot at a bowl game and hope for the future.
5-0 means that some fan somewhere has been praying extra hard!!

4-1 is not an unreasonable expectation and that is my expectation.

Well, we will be underdogs in 3 of those games.  Unless we pull an upset then we will be 2-3.  If we can upset either tech or A&M then we will start 3-2. 

ricepig

Quote from: dc10x1103 on August 02, 2014, 04:45:21 pm
gus is a better coach than BB      you can't begin to compare the offenses    so no, I do not think there is any way we beat auburn.

Well, blow me down, I never would have expected something like this from you.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: dc10x1103 on August 02, 2014, 04:45:21 pm
You talk as if you are a Razorback fan but your words tell otherwise.  ::)

Lake City Hog

Music, I hope I didn't come across as calling you out! I certainly didn't mean to, just saying 2 and 3 puts us in store for a very long season and things will get sure enough ugly around here.

Hoggish1

870hogfan

Arkansas will beat both of the Texas teams.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 02, 2014, 05:02:39 pm
Music, I hope I didn't come across as calling you out! I certainly didn't mean to, just saying 2 and 3 puts us in store for a very long season and things will get sure enough ugly around here.

Oh that's no problem.  I guess a definition of a long season depends on ones expectations.  I expect 4-5 wins so that wouldn't be a "long season" to me.  If someone expects 8-9 wins then they'd probably think differently. 

We are improving, but its a slow process.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 02, 2014, 05:05:17 pm
Arkansas will beat both of the Texas teams.
Agreed. A&M is replacing so much on D and a freshman QB will most likely be starting.. Turn up the defensive pressure and run the ball at will.

HogFanatic

Well I think that Arkansas beats Auburn out the gate.
After that they will storm through the next three OOC opponents riding that wave. 4-0.

A&M WILL be the worst team in the SEC West this year. Arkansas wins that game regardless.

So yeah, I think Arkansas starts 5-0. Then they fall off winning only two more games. Ole Miss and Missouri at the end of the year.

Either way, the girl and I are already booking rooms for the game in Columbia, and have set in stone the game against NIU. Arkansas WILL win both of those, and they will both be thrilling games.

Arkansas: 7-5 regular season finish

Cartoon Man

Excitement is in the air.  I love this time of year.

Hogustus Caesar

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on August 02, 2014, 05:02:30 pm
You talk as if you are a Razorback fan but your words tell otherwise.  ::)

I will wear my razorback gear with pride. I will cheer for our young people who represent our program. Whether they ride the bench, drive the bus, coach, or cheer...proud to be a razorback fan and i will cheer them on. I see a tough season ahead. But they are our razorbacks. Never yield.
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

1highhog

I don't even think about it!  My undivided attention is on Auburn.

scootriteby

Quote from: 1highhog on August 03, 2014, 04:22:19 pm
I don't even think about it!  My undivided attention is on Auburn.
Your avatar has my undivided attention! ;D

bphi11ips

Quote from: RandomFan on August 02, 2014, 04:47:27 pm
we will NOT start out 5-0

There is optimistic,pessimistic, and realistic.

3-2 is realistic

So is 4-1.  Arkansas can damn sure beat Tech and A&M.  They will beat Nichols State and NIU. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HogFanatic

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 03, 2014, 09:39:07 pm
So is 4-1.  Arkansas can damn sure beat Tech and A&M.  They will beat Nichols State and NIU.

I'm more worried about Tech than I am A&M. I fully expect Arkansas to win in Arlington. As for Tech, I hope the linebackers play well. If so, Arkansas wins that one too.

root_hawg

MrThunderhog

Within a week of the season starting some on here will have us playing for a natty. Auburn is about to unleash hell on us and Im not convinced we have an answer for it. Lucky or not they have a better football team right now than we do.

3-2 with some luck. 2-3 if our secondary has issues.
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

DLUXHOG

Not one game has been played yet...  anything is possible and anything is likely...   Don't let your hopes die folks....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Piggfoot

There have been too many changes in the SEC to have reasonable predictable expectations.
I expect to see improvement on defense and in the passing game. If that happens i will be happy. I have hopes in every game. Sometimes i am more hopeful than others.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Prestworthy

I would argue that the hogs have the 2nd best backfield in the SEC, right behind BAMA.  With an experienced OL and a deeper, more aggressive defense, I could see 5-0.  Is it likely?  Probably not.  But I wouldn't be totally caught off guard if the hogs stole one in Auburn and won the next 4 games.

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

bruisemeister

I don't know about that. 4-1 is possible. 3-2 is more likely.

SemperFi

Would love to see 5-0, but I'll be happy with 1-0 after beating Auburn.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

razorbackkid

Often we play Auburn close @Jordan Hare, we have as good a chance of beating them there as anybody.

If that happens, 5-0 is very possible.

Go Hogs!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Dark Helmet Hog

If we beat Auburn, forget 5-0. The 10-11 win predictions will be coming out of the woodwork.

brian.griffin.hogfan

Prestworthy

Quote from: brian.griffin.hogfan on August 04, 2014, 11:04:03 am
not Vegas.
I wonder where Vegas picked Auburn and Missouri last year.