Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Does he play a little SF ???

It's a Friday night and I'm bored
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jgphillips3

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 01, 2014, 10:07:30 pm
All together now....
Malik arrives on Arkansas campus at 6'6 +.....

Best movie evah!

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

TomBigBeeHog

(Sang to army running cadence)

Malik arrives on Arkansas campus at 6'6 +
know that boy's gonna make a fuss

(Feel free to add another verse)
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

pillowhog

HOGINTENNESSEE

jgphillips3

pillowhog

The growth thing is pretty easy guys.  If a guy can grow a full beard he's done growing.  No if and buts about it.  He is 6-3 and been that for a while.  I had to break the news to guys when Ty Storey was in the 8th grade he was done growing.  Some on here are still waiting

Porked Tongue

Hearing he wants to develop into a PG, but that's not going to happen . The only reason that would occur is to let him have the ball earlier and create on his own and not to orchestrate like a true PG.

I was discussing this with several knowledgeable people the other day and we all believe he is eventually a 3.  He's a high volume shooter that is prown to streaks like few others.  Hot streaks and cold streaks.  His strength is more his athleticism than his with the ball skills.

What I'd like to see is him expand his skill set.  If he ever becomes a better passer and shows consistent effort on defense, he'll be as good as anyone this state has produced.  But he's not there yet.

pillowhog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 03, 2014, 07:42:40 pm
Hearing he wants to develop into a PG, but that's not going to happen . The only reason that would occur is to let him have the ball earlier and create on his own and not to orchestrate like a true PG.

I was discussing this with several knowledgeable people the other day and we all believe he is eventually a 3.  He's a high volume shooter that is prown to streaks like few others.  Hot streaks and cold streaks.  His strength is more his athleticism than his with the ball skills.

What I'd like to see is him expand his skill set.  If he ever becomes a better passer and shows consistent effort on defense, he'll be as good as anyone this state has produced.  But he's not there yet.
Cant play a 3 at 6-3 in Div1

Porked Tongue

ICEman

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 02, 2014, 12:02:59 am
(Sang to army running cadence)

Malik arrives on Arkansas campus at 6'6 +
know that boy's gonna make a fuss

(Feel free to add another verse)
When he arrives all long and lean
the Razorbacks will surely reign supreme
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

PonderinHog

TomBigBeeHog

August 04, 2014, 09:09:48 am #13 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:20:01 am by TomBigBeeHog
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 04, 2014, 09:03:59 am
I don't know but I've been told...
Malik's gonna be a Hog fo sho
If he does that's great for us
if he arrives on campus at 6'6+
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

20gauge

Quote from: Porked Tongue on August 03, 2014, 07:42:40 pm

Hes been going to PG camps to work on his ball handling, not necessarilly to become a PG. He's a little loose with his handle. As for passing he makes some of the sickest passes youll see. Decision making is where he needs to grow. He would rather make a spectacular play than make a simple pass.
He will be a one or a two, unless he hits another growing spurt which is possible.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on August 01, 2014, 10:05:37 pm
Does he play a little SF ???

It's a Friday night and I'm bored

If he will commit right now, let him play power forward if that's what he wants. Small ball anyone? If we have to, we will make up a new position.

I would still take him if he shrinks an inch (found out on an MMQB thread that it happens every day).

pillowhog

He is a 2 guard.  Not big enough to play the 3 in college and can't handle the ball well enough to be a 1.

Porked Tongue

He should be a two when it shakes out. But he ain't there.

Bubba's Bruisers

Man, a 6-6 2 or wing would be awesome.  To bad he's nowhere near 6-6.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  4h
Another day, another massive Malik Monk dunk. Video from @CourtsideFilms ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3tKC7upUq8 ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

intelligence

Quote from: jbcarol on August 16, 2014, 09:43:17 pm
Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  4h
Another day, another massive Malik Monk dunk. Video from @CourtsideFilms ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3tKC7upUq8 ...
Ah what might have been. Would be great to see them both in a hog uni(notice who passed Malik the ball

jbcarol

Quote from: intelligence on August 17, 2014, 06:26:55 am
Ah what might have been. Would be great to see them both in a hog uni(notice who passed Malik the ball

Allen?
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

intelligence

Quote from: jbcarol on August 17, 2014, 06:44:05 am
Allen?
yep. It's controversial but I really think he's the more well rounded prospect. He can handle ball well enough to be the point. Monk is obviously talented, but I feel like allen was made to feel like an after thought when he should be a priority. He's to low in the rankings.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: intelligence on August 17, 2014, 06:51:31 am
yep. It's controversial but I really think he's the more well rounded prospect. He can handle ball well enough to be the point. Monk is obviously talented, but I feel like allen was made to feel like an after thought when he should be a priority. He's to low in the rankings.
"Controversial" is one way to describe your thoughts on Monk/Allen and how they compare. I can think of a few others as well.

intelligence

Quote from: BBsTheMan on August 17, 2014, 10:56:45 am
"Controversial" is one way to describe your thoughts on Monk/Allen and how they compare. I can think of a few others as well.
Ok

RazorAg

Quote from: pillowhog on August 04, 2014, 11:22:13 am
He is a 2 guard.  Not big enough to play the 3 in college and can't handle the ball well enough to be a 1.

He is more than capable at the high major level at the one. He is and will continue to be a combo guard.

jbcarol

Courtside Films @CourtsideFilms

Arkansas' Finest Malik Monk OFFICIAL Summer Mixtape! VIDEO: http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/411867?referrer_id=1227615 ... @OtisKirk247 @ReggieRankin @ArRecruitingGuy @CBTonNBC
9:42 PM - 20 Aug 2014

The_Iceman

Quote from: jbcarol on August 21, 2014, 07:07:13 am

Arkansas' Finest Malik Monk OFFICIAL Summer Mixtape! VIDEO: http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/411867?referrer_id=1227615 ... @OtisKirk247 @ReggieRankin @ArRecruitingGuy @CBTonNBC

Looks like he is starting to fill out some. You put him in the lineup with Beard and Whitt in a 3 guard set, with Kingsley at Center along with a PF (DeRon Davis, if we are lucky), you will have a nasty lineup in 2016.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 04, 2014, 07:12:29 pm
Man, a 6-6 2 or wing would be awesome.  To bad he's nowhere near 6-6.

His growth plates are still open and is expected to grow another 3 - 4" according to Dudley Dawson.  That is my reasoning for creating the topic once I was made aware of it.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on August 21, 2014, 10:41:36 am
His growth plates are still open and is expected to grow another 3 - 4" according to Dudley Dawson.  That is my reasoning for creating the topic once I was made aware of it.

Nailed it

-Blu

So, what's the latest on Monk?  People still hearing we are in a good position for him?  Seems like it's been pretty quiet on him the last couple weeks.

supersaint

Monk needs to work on the following:
Dribbling
Shooting
Passing
Decision Making
Lay Ups
Jumping
Demeanor
Guile and Skullduggery
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

ArkansasI

Quote from: jbcarol on August 21, 2014, 07:07:13 am

Arkansas' Finest Malik Monk OFFICIAL Summer Mixtape! VIDEO: http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/411867?referrer_id=1227615 … @OtisKirk247 @ReggieRankin @ArRecruitingGuy @CBTonNBC

WOW!  I mean really... WOW!!

Malik has crazy skills.  He finishes well with his left hand and I love the fact that his shooting elbow is pointed straight at the basket - no chicken wing there.  I haven't seen him play much, but his mechanics are solid - prone to consistency.

His crazy hops appear inhuman - they give a little Allen Iverson look to his game.  If he grows a couple 2-3 more inches, it would be hard to say who he reminds me of... truly rarified air - please pardon the pun. 

Malik will bring a new level of energy to whatever program he chooses.  Of course, I hope he stays home - the Hog Nation would go absolutely crazy.  And rightfully so...

The_Iceman

Beard, Whitt, and Monk would make a nasty 3 guard lineup.