Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please read and comprehend:

Started by TOM "tbw1", August 01, 2014, 11:20:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TOM "tbw1"

The following people are not currently coaches at the University of Arkansas and do not need to be discussed in MMQB

John Barnhill
Otis Douglas
Bowden Wyatt
Jack Mitchell
Frank Broyles [always the exception]
Lou Holtz
Ken Hatfield
Jack Crowe
Joe Kines
Danny Ford
Bobby Petrino

Any discussion of the past can be found by looking in the archives and reading past posts. 

This is a new day and the future of Razorback football is here.  Discuss and debate present day Arkansas football to your heart's content.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

1highhog

hogsanity

might as well lock this right now, although it could be very entertaining.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PonderinHog

Quote from: 1highhog on August 01, 2014, 11:22:31 am
Lol, I see what you did there.
The 2 star and 3 star coaches may be overrated...

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: RandomFan on August 01, 2014, 11:25:18 am
There is no way to have a rational discussion of the future without having a discussion of the past.

For instance, it SEEMS many on here don't like BB for no other reason that he isn't one of the names on your list.

Things have been rehashed on the board to the point we can quote them from memory.  That is useless and serves no purpose.  Don't let others diminish your love for the Razorbacks by fighting battles already over.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

WilsonHog

Quote from: RandomFan on August 01, 2014, 11:25:18 am
There is no way to have a rational discussion of the future without having a discussion of the past.

Of course there is.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 01, 2014, 11:28:00 am
Given the direction of the OP, yours is an interesting avatar choice Tom!

I like it though...

Arkansas's favorite son. 

Hoggish1

cosmodrum

I see that Coach Bezdek if fair game, though.
Go away, batin'

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 01, 2014, 11:40:33 am
I see that Coach Bezdek if fair game, though.

Only by his contemporaries.   ;)

al_pigcino

Will the black uniforms be available for the 3rd WMS game?

sportster365

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on August 01, 2014, 11:20:18 am
The following people are not currently coaches at the University of Arkansas and do not need to be discussed in MMQB

John Barnhill
Otis Douglas
Bowden Wyatt
Jack Mitchell
Frank Broyles [always the exception]
Lou Holtz
Ken Hatfield
Jack Crowe
Joe Kines
Danny Ford
Bobby Petrino

Any discussion of the past can be found by looking in the archives and reading past posts. 

This is a new day and the future of Razorback football is here.  Discuss and debate present day Arkansas football to your heart's content.

It's hard not to have a discussion about coaches of yester year when people continue to blame our current woes on previous staffs. I don't necessarily bring up the past unless I start seeing revisionist history. And as a lover of history, I'm sometimes compelled to respond.

John Futrall

Augustus

August 01, 2014, 12:11:18 pm #13 Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:34:15 pm by Augustus
one short month left... I can't wait  :razorback:

edit:  I noticed Gruden isn't on that list, so is it safe to assume he is fair game?  ;)

Ex-Trumpet

Traffic on this sight will dwindle to nothing if this is enforced.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

WilsonHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 01, 2014, 12:54:25 pm

Because people have no interest in discussing the present or future?

hogsanity

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 01, 2014, 12:58:34 pm
Because people have no interest in discussing the present or future?

BEcause Hogville was made, like or not, on the stuff in 2006 and 2007.  Then a renewed interest around April 2012. There are people here that truly can not have a discussion about anything without bringing up past coaches.  They seem to be truly incapable of posting more than one or 2 replies on any given topic without invoking the past.  They do that because that is all they know.  It is lazy, really ( kind of like people who curse all the time ).  It is easier in a conversation to throw out something about a past coach, than to actually defend the position you have taken with current facts.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dwight_K_Shrute

Reggie Herring was left off the past HC list. I see past assistants were not listed so Paul and Danny are fair game?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

wachhog

After the first two or three losses, what are people supposed to discuss? How they are seeing improvement because we didn't lose by quite as many TD's?  According to Biggus, we've got five more years of losing or mediocre seasons to endure.  You really think people are going to hang around Hogville and talk about their hopes for the future?

Gonzo

If both yearning for previous coaches and blaming them for everything is prohibited, you'll be pretty close. We'll see how balanced it is

Go Hogs!

duck slayer

Actually, more fans could come back. 

All the pissing on each other sent me packing a long time ago.  I stop by to look in the window every now and then, but if the bar fight is still raging, I just move on.

It would be nice to come back and be able to read more than five posts into a thread before the topic gets highjacked.

Delicious~Dreams

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 01, 2014, 11:28:00 am
Given the direction of the OP, yours is an interesting avatar choice Tom!

I like it though...

Lol!  +1

razorbackkid

I take the phone pic to represent Nutt, also absent from the list. 

Edit:  That was weird.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hogwild210

Houston Nutt needs to be at the top of this list. Probably the first five names, then everyone else.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Ex-Trumpet

Or, we could start threads talking about the coaches we can't discuss!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hogcard1964

Quote from: wachhog on August 01, 2014, 01:26:38 pm
After the first two or three losses, what are people supposed to discuss? How they are seeing improvement because we didn't lose by quite as many TD's?  According to Biggus, we've got five more years of losing or mediocre seasons to endure.  You really think people are going to hang around Hogville and talk about their hopes for the future?

We're not going to have to endure many more "losses".  This thing is turning around as we speak.

TCTCBNOH

The Coach That Can't Be Named On Hogville.

PorkSoda

the petrino haters just hate to be reminded that they were petrino lovers prior to 4/1/12.

they also hate it when their whiny opinions are easily discredited.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 01, 2014, 02:59:45 pm
the petrino haters just hate to be reminded that they were petrino lovers prior to 4/1/12
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Southern Hogspitality

Peter Porker

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 01, 2014, 02:59:45 pm
the petrino haters just hate to be reminded that they were petrino lovers prior to 4/1/12.

they also hate it when their whiny opinions are easily discredited.

Wasn't a Petrino lover and my opinions have yet to be discredited.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 01, 2014, 03:11:11 pm

"Opinions" in and of themselves can't be discredited.  That's why they're called "opinions" and not "facts".

Peter Porker

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 01, 2014, 03:12:32 pm
"Opinions" in and of themselves can't be discredited.  That's why they're called "opinions" and not "facts".

Just replying to what the guy wrote. My facts haven't been discredited either.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

wachhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 01, 2014, 02:57:39 pm
We're not going to have to endure many more "losses".  This thing is turning around as we speak.
Time will tell, won't it?

wachhog

WilsonHog

Quote from: wachhog on August 01, 2014, 01:26:38 pm

What would you have them discuss instead?

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 01, 2014, 03:12:32 pm
sure they can.  there is a difference between an uneducated opinion and an educated opinion.

some peoples opinions are based purely in emotional reaction rather than careful assessment of available data.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

weresoclose

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 01, 2014, 03:28:18 pm
What would you have them discuss instead?

Airplane banners and black T-shirts and FOIs?  :-X

PorkSoda

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 01, 2014, 03:11:11 pm

considering you didn't even start posting until a year after the incident, there are no facts available one way or the other what you thought of petrino during our 10 and 11 win seasons.

either that, or you are an atlanta fan posing as a hog fan

Peter Porker

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 01, 2014, 03:31:28 pm
considering you didn't even start posting until a year after the incident, there are no facts available one way or the other what you thought of petrino during our 10 and 11 win seasons.

either that, or you are an atlanta fan posing as a hog fan

Ask LZH. Check my post history. I posted from another site that i was posting on my thoughts.

PorkSoda

so what were your thoughts at the time?

that you wish HDN was back?

WilsonHog

It doesn't speak highly of us as a fan community that we feel compelled to discuss past coaches in a thread expressly created it prohibit it.

PorkSoda

he had to know this was going to happen.

wave a stick in front of a dog and tell him not to chase it, and see how well that works out for you.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 01, 2014, 03:39:42 pm
he had to know this was going to happen.

poke a sleeping dog with a stick and what do you think is going to happen?

Didn't you know?  We're supposed to feel how we're told to feel...  by internet forum moderators.
1909/1964/1965/1977

razorbackkid

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 01, 2014, 03:36:17 pm
It doesn't speak highly of us as a fan community that we feel compelled to discuss past coaches in a thread expressly created it prohibit it.
It is a well recognized rule of thread construction that the mention of one coach excludes the mention of another.   ;)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Wildhog on August 01, 2014, 03:40:26 pm
Didn't you know?  We're supposed to feel how we're told to feel...  by internet forum moderators.
I honestly don't blame the mods.  The prolly read the same arguments 50 times a day.  As a poster, I only read what  I want to read.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 01, 2014, 03:42:20 pm
I honestly don't blame the mods.  The prolly read the same arguments 50 times a day.  As a poster, I only read what  I want to read.

I certainly wouldn't want the job.  But trying to limit what we can discuss really grinds my gears.  Always has.  It's always been the deal.
1909/1964/1965/1977

weresoclose

In hard times folks like to talk about the good ole days.  Makes em feel better.  I don't see the harm in it, personally. 

I can promise you, if we have another 3-4 win season, Mods will gladly accept conversation about a different coach than BB, because the pitchforks will be out (unfortunately).

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wildhog on August 01, 2014, 03:40:26 pm

This is not a publicly owned site it is private. If you don't like the way Mods and Admins run this private site Wild then go start your own.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 01, 2014, 02:57:39 pm

I see what you did there.