Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Razorback Website Launches Today

Started by moses_007, August 01, 2014, 12:40:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

Supposed to launch at Noon today.  Site is shut down for the changeover.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/

moses_007

Here's a preview from the Razorback Facebook page.  Looks like it's going to include a cellphone app as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hawgvillain

Quote from: moses_007 on August 01, 2014, 12:48:49 am
Here's a preview from the Razorback Facebook page.  Looks like it's going to include a cellphone app as well.
Please, God, let the mobile site be better.  Nothing makes me angrier than trying to findout a game time on the old version of the mobile site.

Hog N Bama

I'm excited. The current mobile site is very abbreviated. Hoping the new one is kept up to date and has much more content as the preview seems to indicate. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

The_Iceman

Just downloaded the new app for my Samsung Galaxy S5. Its nice and easy to use. It has schedules, news, videos, and rosters. Just wish you could sort the rosters numerically.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hawgvillain on August 01, 2014, 01:12:15 am
Please, God, let the mobile site be better.  Nothing makes me angrier than trying to findout a game time on the old version of the mobile site.

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DeltaBoy

Sweet Baby Jesus it's going to be Great.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

moses_007

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Locutus_of_Boar

Unfortunately the first impression is that its designed to be a mobile site.  Oh well maybe there's a way to make it more accessible to us stone age desktop dwellers.

liljimmydugan

I am not getting the new update yet still on the countdown page. Not sure what the deal is.....

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HF#1

I like the new mobile app.  Pretty slick
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Biggus Piggus

Maybe they can make it all run on Shockwave like it's 1999.
[CENSORED]!

Dwight_K_Shrute

My mind is completely blown.  #synergy #portability #usability #engagement #crossplatformoptimization
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

razorsharptusk

The mobile app, is it the one that says Razorbacks:Free app?  I download it, and it says powered by ArkansasRazorbacks.com but I get an error when launching it.   Says I need a connection to the internet when I have one. Anyone else?
GO HOGS!!

Grizzlyfan

On the original phone App several years ago you could link free sources of audio for live games.  Then of course someone decided you should be required to pay the University to link a free radio station stream.  It appears that the new app may be offering free audio links again.

moses_007

The new website looks fantastic... best ever.

870hogfan

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on August 01, 2014, 01:24:20 pm
On the original phone App several years ago you could link free sources of audio for live games.  Then of course someone decided you should be required to pay the University to link a free radio station stream.  It appears that the new app may be offering free audio links again.

Yes everything is free including on the website.

OLDHOG

OneTuskOverTheLine™

What the what..!?

..."Arkansas Razorbacks Official App

The all-new Official Arkansas Razorbacks "Official" application serves all sports and provides inside access to your favorite Razorbacks team.  With FREE LIVE AUDIO via RSN: Razorback Sports Network, video highlights, the latest news, scores & stats, rosters and schedules, alerts, the Arkansas Razorbacks application is a must-have.  This app will be available for download on August 1, 2014 from both the iTunes and Google Play stores.

Arkansas Razorbacks Gameday App

The all-new official Arkansas Razorbacks "Gameday" application is a must-have for Razorbacks Football, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball and Baseball fans. With FREE LIVE AUDIO via RSN: Razorback Sports Network, interactive social media, interactive stadium maps, fan guides and all the scores and stats surrounding the game, the Arkansas Razorbacks Gameday application if your digital Gameday guide so you can focus on "Calling the Hogs!" This app will be available for download on August 22, 2014 from both the iTunes and Google Play stores. ..."
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Prestworthy on August 01, 2014, 08:34:03 pm
No more video replays of games??
I wouldn't be surprised if sec network reshows every game.

yraciv

Am I the only one not digging this new website? Yes the mobile ap is slick, and a great upgrade, but the website to me has lots of irritating things.  How the hell are you supposed to know to click on the 3 dashes at the top left corner to get to any content?  Have our prior rosters/archived stats been deleted? I can't tell you how often I go back, and look at previous seasons and in all sports that information seems to be gone.  I also think when I go to schedules, there is probably an easier way to format it so I can quickly see the sport I'd like and current season.  I can adjust to it, but it just seems way too intricate for any nonfrequent visitor to the site.

rljjr

Gotta say it looks and feels better at first glance.

yraciv

Quote from: rljjr on August 04, 2014, 11:37:31 am
Gotta say it looks and feels better at first glance.

It looks better certainly, but for comparison sake here is UK's website.
http://www.ukathletics.com/

Certainly not a website I frequent, but say I want to look up their football roster or soccer schedule, I can figure that out quite quickly.  I've figured our's out, but at first glance our homepage is a head scratcher to where you go to get content.

yraciv

Okay you've had 5 months to adjust to the new website.  Does anyone just hate it as much as me?  I go to ESPN if I want to see a schedule or a Box Score at this point.  Today's mission was to see when the next Lady Razorback game was.  I think okay go to the schedule on the website, easy enough.   It says Iowa at Arkansas with gametime but I know this is a neutral site game. I click the link for detail and nothing.  Go to Iowa's website and it is very straightforward like most every other college basketball program out there. Clearly stating it's in Vegas and posting a clear link to the article.
http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/iowa-w-baskbl-sched.html

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/schedule-list/#/w-baskbl/season/2014

And this is a reoccurring thing I find problems on the website.  I don't see scores for 3 games on that schedule.  Instead of taking me to a box score or article on the games that have already taken place it takes me a live stats page.  I have to scour the archives for an article.  Problems like this exist across all sports and that is why  I just try to avoid the website.  I sware I think I liked hogwireds format better.  They absolutely botched this redesign.  The only thing nicer in my opinion is the look and multimedia access.

grayhawg

I think it sucks or it did the last time I went to it, that was probably sometime in September.

BlueBox

If game time bothers you that much don't look at game date on this web sites home page. 

BlueBox

Just noticed it's by "GridironHistory.com".  I'd paste it here but don't know how.

TheGunther

If the info you wanted was a snake it would jumped out and bit you.
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

Hogfaniam

Quote from: yraciv on August 04, 2014, 11:45:38 am
It looks better certainly, but for comparison sake here is UK's website.
http://www.ukathletics.com/

Certainly not a website I frequent, but say I want to look up their football roster or soccer schedule, I can figure that out quite quickly.  I've figured our's out, but at first glance our homepage is a head scratcher to where you go to get content.

------------------------
| _____
| _____
| _____
|
|    ^
|    ^
|    ^
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

BlueBox

The game is Friday.  2014-11-29 is not Friday in Georgia.  USA that is.

TomasPistola

Quote from: yraciv on November 26, 2014, 06:30:29 pm
Okay you've had 5 months to adjust to the new website.  Does anyone just hate it as much as me?  I go to ESPN if I want to see a schedule or a Box Score at this point.  Today's mission was to see when the next Lady Razorback game was.  I think okay go to the schedule on the website, easy enough.   It says Iowa at Arkansas with gametime but I know this is a neutral site game. I click the link for detail and nothing.  Go to Iowa's website and it is very straightforward like most every other college basketball program out there. Clearly stating it's in Vegas and posting a clear link to the article.
http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/iowa-w-baskbl-sched.html

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/schedule-list/#/w-baskbl/season/2014

And this is a reoccurring thing I find problems on the website.  I don't see scores for 3 games on that schedule.  Instead of taking me to a box score or article on the games that have already taken place it takes me a live stats page.  I have to scour the archives for an article.  Problems like this exist across all sports and that is why  I just try to avoid the website.  I sware I think I liked hogwireds format better.  They absolutely botched this redesign.  The only thing nicer in my opinion is the look and multimedia access.

I guess I just don't agree with you. If I want articles on Football I go to Sports > Football and scroll down to see plenty of links to articles and videos.

Wouldn't the live stats page of a game that is over be, y'know, the stats? I can see by clicking on the previous game that I am given the team and player stats and even a play by play if I'd like. All of these things are available on ESPN's box score screen...

If I want the stats from the last few football games I can also go to Sport > Football > Stats
There I can see a wealth of information. I can read a recap, I can see the stats (well laid out I might add) as well as game notes.

As for your Iowa quandary, if you click the link to go to the game, in the upper left hand corner of the screen it says Las Vegas Nevada. As a matter of fact, it does this for all games. Home, away and neutral site.

I can understand you might not like the layout of the site, but that's just personal preference. The site is very slick, well produced with great video content, and finally does a good job presenting the Razorbacks as an athletic department that isn't still stuck in the 1960's and the AD doesn't have a computer.

I think it's been said before, but it bears repeating. I don't think that site is nearly as much for you or me as it is for the kids that are being recruited. Of course you can go to ESPN. Hell, everyone else does.

Please understand, I'm not trying to belittle your point. But I see the same exact information you are looking for and I'm not trying hard to find it. Sorry.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

TomasPistola

Quote from: BlueBox on November 26, 2014, 07:43:33 pm
The game is Friday.  2014-11-29 is not Friday in Georgia.  USA that is.

Dammit Douglas, you had ONE job. Well, on top of that other job. And all that other stuff too. Ah....nevermind. Have a nice day.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

yraciv

Quote from: TomasPistola on November 26, 2014, 08:00:57 pm
I guess I just don't agree with you. If I want articles on Football I go to Sports > Football and scroll down to see plenty of links to articles and videos.

Wouldn't the live stats page of a game that is over be, y'know, the stats? I can see by clicking on the previous game that I am given the team and player stats and even a play by play if I'd like. All of these things are available on ESPN's box score screen...

If I want the stats from the last few football games I can also go to Sport > Football > Stats
There I can see a wealth of information. I can read a recap, I can see the stats (well laid out I might add) as well as game notes.

As for your Iowa quandary, if you click the link to go to the game, in the upper left hand corner of the screen it says Las Vegas Nevada. As a matter of fact, it does this for all games. Home, away and neutral site.

I can understand you might not like the layout of the site, but that's just personal preference. The site is very slick, well produced with great video content, and finally does a good job presenting the Razorbacks as an athletic department that isn't still stuck in the 1960's and the AD doesn't have a computer.

I think it's been said before, but it bears repeating. I don't think that site is nearly as much for you or me as it is for the kids that are being recruited. Of course you can go to ESPN. Hell, everyone else does.

Please understand, I'm not trying to belittle your point. But I see the same exact information you are looking for and I'm not trying hard to find it. Sorry.

I do see the Las Vegas Nevada now, but it's clearly in a dark red font that at first glance one might not notice like myself, and it clearly says @Arkansas on the schedule. One might look at just that and think oh look the women are at home today, so lets go the game.  The old archives are gone and that really frustrates me.  I can't tell you how many times I've said who was that LB on the 2008 team that was a JUCO transfer or what happened in that 2010 LSU game and want to read the old article.  I can no longer do that through the website.  The schedule sections particularly is just very frustrating. No excuse for missing box scores on an official SEC school website.  I do realize you can go into stats and still look that stuff up, but this is so much more obvious on the UK or Iowa examples that are much more user friendly.  And again the SMU and Delaware State box scores aren't up there, but are available in the post game articles.  Why can't they put those links on the schedule instead of taking me to the live stats screen?  What reasonable excuse do they have for not having them in the stats?  It just seems like it's run by an amateur.  I manage to work around on it because I do like the media on there, but these just seem like simple things that people should catch.

We have a special www.thisisarkansasfootball.com site that I think is great and specifically for recruits, but has so much stuff it seems to take forever to load.

rowdy1

Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

TomasPistola

Quote from: yraciv on November 26, 2014, 09:02:13 pm
I do see the Las Vegas Nevada now, but it's clearly in a dark red font that at first glance one might not notice like myself, and it clearly says @Arkansas on the schedule. One might look at just that and think oh look the women are at home today, so lets go the game.  The old archives are gone and that really frustrates me.  I can't tell you how many times I've said who was that LB on the 2008 team that was a JUCO transfer or what happened in that 2010 LSU game and want to read the old article.  I can no longer do that through the website.  The schedule sections particularly is just very frustrating. No excuse for missing box scores on an official SEC school website.  I do realize you can go into stats and still look that stuff up, but this is so much more obvious on the UK or Iowa examples that are much more user friendly.  And again the SMU and Delaware State box scores aren't up there, but are available in the post game articles.  Why can't they put those links on the schedule instead of taking me to the live stats screen?  What reasonable excuse do they have for not having them in the stats?  It just seems like it's run by an amateur.  I manage to work around on it because I do like the media on there, but these just seem like simple things that people should catch.

We have a special www.thisisarkansasfootball.com site that I think is great and specifically for recruits, but has so much stuff it seems to take forever to load.

I don't disagree that there are some things they could tweak to make the site better - but I think Hate is a strong word for what is a very nicely done presentation of Razorback athletics.
You were right.
You did a great job.