Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smyly traded

Started by Kevin, July 31, 2014, 03:16:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

To the rays   Joins Logan forsythe
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dotnet

Sucks for him.  He was likely going to play a big role on a WS contender and now has to fill David Price's shoes on the come from behind Rays. 

The Rays have a better defense (or they did last year) so this should help his non W-L numbers

arthurhawgerelli

Couple of years, it could be 2 Hogs in the starting rotation at Tampa.  May need some deviations on the Red Neck Riviera shortcuts.

Good luck Drew, and Ryne.

jbcarol

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on July 31, 2014, 03:31:44 pm
Couple of years, it could be 2 Hogs in the starting rotation at Tampa.  May need some deviations on the Red Neck Riviera shortcuts.

Good luck Drew, and Ryne.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

BigSexyHog

Well there is alot worse places then Tampa.  See if they can get things turned around next year
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

dotnet

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 31, 2014, 10:47:30 pm
Well there is alot worse places then Tampa.

Depends on your definition of "alot"

Baseball Hog

Tampa is a very well ran organization.  Their development personnel is one of the best in the league.  I kid could do a lot worse than developing in that system.

DZ

Quote from: Baseball Hog on August 01, 2014, 11:35:22 am
Tampa is a very well ran organization.  Their development personnel is one of the best in the league.  I kid could do a lot worse than developing in that system.
no kidding, if it isn't the cardinals around here people think it sucks. Tampa has been pretty good the last several years. heard the same thing when Ryne was drafted.

hoglady

Heard it on the radio today.
Smyly is not happy at all with this trade.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on August 01, 2014, 08:00:09 pm
Heard it on the radio today.
Smyly is not happy at all with this trade.

Well, he better get over it, there isn't anything he can do about it.

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on August 01, 2014, 08:08:13 pm
Well, he better get over it, there isn't anything he can do about it.

I know.
They played a sound bite of his reaction and of course I missed it, but were then discussing how unhappy he was about it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on August 01, 2014, 08:18:45 pm
I know.
They played a sound bite of his reaction and of course I missed it, but were then discussing how unhappy he was about it.

Yeah, there were some tweets yesterday with him basically saying it sucked, but he also said it's a business.

pigture perfect

The only redeeming thing about Detroit is the Tigers. It does suck as far as Smyly is concerned, but maybe the fresh seafood, surf and warm weather will ease his pain.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: pigture perfect on August 01, 2014, 09:32:44 pm
The only redeeming thing about Detroit is the Tigers. It does suck as far as Smyly is concerned, but maybe the fresh seafood, surf and warm weather will ease his pain.

Unless he is allergic to shellfish.

pigture perfect

That would be No Bueno.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hog.goblin

At least he gets a raise - no state tax if he is willing to shift his residence

rijkard

Just threw 7 innings of shut out ball against the rangers.