Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SIAP New endzone graphic

Started by Trm123, July 31, 2014, 11:50:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

Since the Operations Center was built south of the stadium, how does the team enter the field now to start the game?  Still from the Broyles complex?

Hou-Hog

Quote from: moses_007 on July 31, 2014, 10:10:20 pm
Since the Operations Center was built south of the stadium, how does the team enter the field now to start the game?  Still from the Broyles complex?
. If I remember correctly, they are still going to enter the field from the Broyles complex.  I believe that was the stated plan when the new center was announced and being built.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: moses_007 on July 31, 2014, 10:10:20 pm

Probably get bused up to top for hog walk. Dress in Broyles complex on game days like before.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

BOAR_N2BWILD

If the snout is gone (thank God) I say we extend the A all the way to the Broyles Center and allow it to be a full A instead of cutting it off on the ends
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

havok

Huckleberry Pig

looks awesome.  agreed, the yellow brick is awful.  An anthracite color would actually look really good.  easy paint job.  not expensive.  will only need it for a few years anyhow. 

someone call Jeff. thanks.

1highhog

Quote from: All Bleed Red on July 31, 2014, 01:09:23 pm
Yes it would be easy to change, but then it becomes a maintenance issue.  Brick is usually chosen as a finished wall choice for its durability and maintenance free qualities.  Once you paint it the brick must be painted again every year or 2 to maintain.  All that being said, I agree it should be painted or otherwise dealt with...  I'm a contractor so we see that issue a lot in the decision making process.

Same here, Contractor as well, I refuse to paint brick.

GuvHog

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on August 01, 2014, 12:35:02 am
If the snout is gone (thank God) I say we extend the A all the way to the Broyles Center and allow it to be a full A instead of cutting it off on the ends

Someone posted earlier that a new snout is being created. I hope they were joking.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on August 01, 2014, 01:49:01 pm
Someone posted earlier that a new snout is being created. I hope they were joking.

Aw come on Gov give the snout a second chance. I thought you believed in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and even 6th chances..................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 1highhog on August 01, 2014, 10:59:50 am
Same here, Contractor as well, I refuse to paint brick.

A contractor built a house he is living in around the corner from us recently with brick and proceeded to not only "stucco" it with Dryvit but then paint it! I don't think I'll hire him to build my next house...................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 01, 2014, 02:23:09 pm
Aw come on Gov give the snout a second chance. I thought you believed in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and even 6th chances..................

Unless the new one looks a whole lot better than the old one, I'd rather see the return of the inflatable Hog head.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on August 01, 2014, 03:18:59 pm
Unless the new one looks a whole lot better than the old one, I'd rather see the return of the inflatable Hog head.

That's kind of a subjective opinion. That flies in the face of your normal numerous chances...............................

razorsharptusk

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 31, 2014, 12:10:59 pm
Will the snout be back?  What will the team run through?

I hope the snout stays gone. I never liked that thing.
GO HOGS!!

Sivad

Quote from: GuvHog on August 01, 2014, 03:18:59 pm
The Hog head always looked better than the "snout".

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 31, 2014, 04:40:08 pm
Did someone say "Thunderstruck"?  Incorporating it in any way shape or form would be a new level of awesome.

Haha.  You'll notice the Warrant Officer Corps insignia at the bottom right corner of that video.  That video was made by a flight school class in the early 2000s or so.  It's a legend in the Army Aviation community.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 31, 2014, 04:40:08 pm
Did someone say "Thunderstruck"?  Incorporating it in any way shape or form would be a new level of awesome.

You'd have to buy the rights from "Gentle Ben" heh-heh first heh-heh
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Rzback

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 31, 2014, 12:21:57 pm
It looks nice but I also liked the tusks and eyes. It was much more menacing looking. That is until they put that damn ugly snout in front of it!
agree
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

razorcash2

Does anyone miss Houston's garage door?

1highhog

Quote from: Cresthog on July 31, 2014, 02:33:47 pm
No but i def. hate the length of the grass on the field.

MORE TRIM!!!

I see what you did there.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: razorcash2 on August 06, 2014, 09:57:32 am
Does anyone miss Houston's garage door?

Haha! Those were there a long time before nutty became coach. As a matter of I think those are the doors he used to "escape" out of in the middle of the night and was found the next day in Stillwater, OK when he was a player.