Hog Fan...DOH!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Justifiable Hogicide

motownhog

I'm a grandson of the southland boys, an heir to the confederacy

Dwight_K_Shrute

Will the snout be back?  What will the team run through?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Iceman

Now, they just need to paint that ugly beige/yellow brick a dark grey and it would really update the whole look of the NEZ.

Inhogswetrust

It looks nice but I also liked the tusks and eyes. It was much more menacing looking. That is until they put that damn ugly snout in front of it!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 31, 2014, 12:10:59 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 31, 2014, 12:10:59 pm
Hopefully only if "upgrayedd" also.  The old one has always reminded me of something you would rent for a 6 year olds birthday party.

Holy double quote Batman.

GolfnHog

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Ray Zor

Yeah that yellow brick is awful. It kills what is a beautiful stadium.
GO HOGS

The_Iceman

Quote from: Ray Zor on July 31, 2014, 12:52:17 pm

It would be so easy to change it to. About a day or two of painting. Going with a dark grey (anthracite) and putting some hog logos/decals would make it look much better for the next few years until the expansion.

GuvHog

Quote from: Ray Zor on July 31, 2014, 12:52:17 pm

If you are talking about that yellow strip that runs horizontal and has "Frank Broyles Field" on it, I couldn't agree more. It does indeed look bad.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

All Bleed Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 31, 2014, 01:02:44 pm
It would be so easy to change it to. About a day or two of painting. Going with a dark grey (anthracite) and putting some hog logos/decals would make it look much better for the next few years until the expansion.

Yes it would be easy to change, but then it becomes a maintenance issue.  Brick is usually chosen as a finished wall choice for its durability and maintenance free qualities.  Once you paint it the brick must be painted again every year or 2 to maintain.  All that being said, I agree it should be painted or otherwise dealt with...  I'm a contractor so we see that issue a lot in the decision making process.

The_Iceman

Quote from: GuvHog on July 31, 2014, 01:06:34 pm
If you are talking about that yellow strip that runs horizontal and has "Frank Broyles Field" on it, I couldn't agree more. It does indeed look bad.

Not sure if serious or taking a shot at Frank. If not, this is the yellow we were talking about:

Ray Zor

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 31, 2014, 01:09:48 pm
Not sure if serious or taking a shot at Frank. If not, this is the yellow we were talking about:

Man that's horrible. The dark red brick columns look so much better. That inflatable is also horrible. Why can't we get a huge fiberglass hog there as a permanent structure?  Or any type of stone or concrete?  Something that looks apart of the BAC.
GO HOGS

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 31, 2014, 01:09:48 pm

Not taking a shot a Frank, I don't mind the field being named for him. I just believe they could paint that strip dark grey with a red sign in the middle and Frank's name in white and it would look better. I agree the yellow brick on both sides of the complex is horrible too.

hogfan14

Quote from: Ray Zor on July 31, 2014, 01:16:49 pm
Man that's horrible. The dark red brick columns look so much better. That inflatable is also horrible. Why can't we get a huge fiberglass hog there as a permanent structure?  Or any type of stone or concrete?  Something that looks apart of the BAC.

We don't use the inflatable hog anymore though, thankfully

GuvHog

Say what you will but I liked that inflatable Hog better than I did that freakin' ugly snout.

McKdaddy

Quote from: GuvHog on July 31, 2014, 01:39:20 pm
Say what you will but I liked that inflatable Hog better than I did that freakin' ugly snout.

Agreed.  That previous thing made me long for the inflatable Hog.

Justifiable Hogicide

I agree.
Liked the inflatable Hog much better.

Piggfoot

Surely with all the money they have they could have a realistic fiberglass hoghead frabricated. Both of the other things are cheesy.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 31, 2014, 12:17:21 pm
Now, they just need to paint that ugly beige/yellow brick a dark grey and it would really update the whole look of the NEZ.

This!  Very simple fix to make it look 100% better.

Boardon Hamsay

Looks good. I liked the eyes and wish they could have lit them up from inside during night games but this is good as well. I imagine the snout is probably being replaced this year as well.  Afterall, it wasn't the right shade of Pantone anyway.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

go hogues

Yeah, the yellow building is so off putting, especially on tv. I've long wondered why they have not painted it a brick color. Like another poster said, maybe a day's worth of work.
I've always said it looks like there's a Church of Christ in the north endzone.  :D
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Inhogswetrust

July 31, 2014, 01:57:50 pm #26 Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:39:39 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: All Bleed Red on July 31, 2014, 01:09:23 pm
Yes it would be easy to change, but then it becomes a maintenance issue.  Brick is usually chosen as a finished wall choice for its durability and maintenance free qualities.  Once you paint it the brick must be painted again every year or 2 to maintain.  All that being said, I agree it should be painted or otherwise dealt with...  I'm a contractor so we see that issue a lot in the decision making process.

At least for a residence I have never understood why someone would paint brick unless they buy something bricked and don't like the color. That being said I would paint the BAC to better coordinate it with the color of the stadium facade.

Come to think of it why would anyone paint a garage floor either...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: go hogues on July 31, 2014, 01:55:01 pm
Yeah, the yellow building is so off putting, especially on tv. I've long wondered why they have not painted it a brick color. Like another poster said, maybe a day's worth of work.
I've always said it looks like there's a Church of Christ in the north endzone.  :D

"looks like there's a Church of Christ in the north endzone"

Brilliant... absolutely brilliant!
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 31, 2014, 01:57:50 pm
I have never understood why someone would paint brick unless they buy something bricked and don't like the color.

Well then how about they re-brick it with bricks that match the columns behind the Goal Post???

Inhogswetrust

As do I. But I hope they get rid of the snout as well.

hobhog

move the south end zone temporary bleachers on top of the Broyles Complex and let the students sit in that area too. They moved the coaches offices so who would care? Get some noise down there!

McKdaddy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 31, 2014, 02:02:27 pm
As do I. But I hope they get rid of the snout as well.

It is gone this year, so said Mike Waddell from his twitter account today.

Inhogswetrust

July 31, 2014, 02:04:00 pm #32 Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:40:15 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: GuvHog on July 31, 2014, 02:00:57 pm
Well then how about they re-brick it with bricks that match the columns behind the Goal Post???

That would be better but still not coordinated in my mind.

Update:
On second thought if you look at the first picture posted in the thread the red brick does coordinate/contrasts with the facade of the scoreboard pretty good and gives it a classy look.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: McKdaddy on July 31, 2014, 02:03:44 pm
It is gone this year, so said Mike Waddell from his twitter account today.

Good riddance!

Oklahawg

Why not some physical structure that rotates, morphing from a stoic stone building into a tunnel the team runs through.

Maybe I am channeling the barricade from Les Miserables....
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Cresthog

Guys, Leverett Elementary is currently paper mache'ing the new snout for this year.

The previous few seasons finally gave way.

Gawd that thing was horrible, I hope it's gone.

EastexHawg

Am I the only one who hates the fireworks after we score?  It's not so much the "boom" as the smoke and smell that waft through the air.

Cresthog

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 31, 2014, 02:31:59 pm
Am I the only one who hates the fireworks after we score?  It's not so much the "boom" as the smoke and smell that waft through the air.

No but i def. hate the length of the grass on the field.

MORE TRIM!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 31, 2014, 02:31:59 pm

There are indoor seats available in the stadium...............................I'd wear a gas mask if it meant we scored enough to win! Heck I hope they run out of fireworks!

Inhogswetrust

I wonder if they got the correct Pantone color?

go hogues

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 31, 2014, 02:35:05 pm
I wonder if they got the correct Pantone color?
They did, unfortunately...
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

MissippHog

We could always enter the field like they do in Starkville  ;)

On second though  :-\

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Cresthog on July 31, 2014, 02:33:47 pm
No but i def. hate the length of the grass on the field.

MORE TRIM!!!

Yep. Length of our grass never seems to vibe right with the funnel cake aroma coming into section 101 from the SEZ concourse.  I hope they have a correction of errors to get that right for the upcoming season.

;D

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 31, 2014, 02:21:24 pm
Why not some physical structure that rotates, morphing from a stoic stone building into a tunnel the team runs through.

Maybe I am channeling the barricade from Les Miserables....

I'm holding out hope that one day they will put a hydraulic lift kit on the entire BAC. The entire building would rise revealing the output of several thousand smoke machines as the team comes running out to "Thunderstruck" playing at volume setting of exactly 14 so that it doesn't cause any deafness concerns amongst the Hog faithful. Hopefully the before mentioned turf length issue will be resolved so that the team runs through the A a little more quickly than in past entrances.
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Captain Hogvious on July 31, 2014, 04:30:52 pm
Yep. Length of our grass never seems to vibe right with the funnel cake aroma coming into section 101 from the SEZ concourse.  I hope they have a correction of errors to get that right for the upcoming season.

;D

They need to replace that funnel cake in the SEZ for another Kettle corn vendor like the one under the eastside stands. I'm tired of walking all the way down there every halftime just to get my wife some kettle corn! On second thought I shouldn't complain because she does make it up to me later.

OnYourToes

I like the change to the graphic.

Just bowl the thing in already!

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Captain Hogvious on July 31, 2014, 04:35:45 pm
I'm holding out hope that one day they will put a hydraulic lift kit on the entire BAC. The entire building would rise revealing the output of several thousand smoke machines as the team comes running out to "Thunderstruck" playing at volume setting of exactly 14 so that it doesn't cause any deafness concerns amongst the Hog faithful. Hopefully the before mentioned turf length issue will be resolved so that the team runs through the A a little more quickly than in past entrances.

Did someone say "Thunderstruck"?  Incorporating it in any way shape or form would be a new level of awesome.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

3kgthog

Amen on the new window graphics and the death of the entrance "snout".