Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Since mmqb loves to suspect Ole Miss cheats, here ya go!

Started by popcornhog, July 30, 2014, 11:22:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Calling All Hogs

Way to go Bo. Nothing impresses the parents of other recruits like hearing you call Stringfellow's parents clueless.

Mike Irwin

I suspect that Ole Miss cheats.  ;D I suspect that a bunch of other SEC schools cheat too.

Right now the environment in college football is tailor-made for cheating. Who is going to stop you?

sickboy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 31, 2014, 12:01:43 am
I suspect that Ole Miss cheats.  ;D I suspect that a bunch of other SEC schools cheat too.

Right now the environment in college football is tailor-made for cheating. Who is going to stop you?

I mean, I've got proof that Ole Miss cheats... but what's the point of crying foul? Everyone cheats. Pointing fingers is pointless... it's like a Mexican standoff in the SEC.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sickboy on July 31, 2014, 12:13:07 am
I mean, I've got proof that Ole Miss cheats... but what's the point of crying foul? Everyone cheats. Pointing fingers is pointless... it's like a Mexican standoff in the SEC.

I believe that analogy best fits by saying bama, auburn, and ole miss are holding a 50 caliber to a rest of conference measley 22 long rifle

Torqued pork

For some reason it's hard to see Pelini being a good closer in the recruiting process.

alwaysnextyear

Hogeration

If we do then we suck at it badly.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BorderPatrol

TheJoeyBucketz

I liked the clueless parents part.

I'm sure that won't be used against him in living rooms for, well, as long as the world keeps turning.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

Hog N Bama

Bo should be giving parents IQ tests as a prerequisite. What an embarrassment as a coach!

The Boar War

I'm not concerned about all these highly recruited athletes going to Ole Miss as long as Freeze is the coach.

bigbadhog

Pelini is such a jerk.  I was afraid we would end up with him.  I have a feeling Long was interested in him...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Calling All Hogs

I have no doubt Ole Miss cheats. I just think Pelini calling out the parents is classless and will come back to bite him in future recruiting.

Wildhog

Ole Miss absolutely cheats.  One billion percent.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BorderPatrol

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 31, 2014, 07:52:33 am
I was afraid we would end up with him.  I have a feeling Long was interested in him...

What? Do you just make this darn up just so you can post in a thread?

bp

popcornhog

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on July 31, 2014, 05:09:43 am
He didn't imply Ole Miss cheated.
Yes he did.

Imply (verb)

:  to involve or indicate by inference, association, or necessary consequence rather than by direct statement
WPS

popcornhog

WPS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hog N Bama on July 31, 2014, 07:37:26 am
Bo should be giving parents IQ tests as a prerequisite. What an embarrassment as a coach!

Nebraska's Admins need to give their head coach one!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NaturalStateReb

Bo Pelini is a meathead with no impulse control.  How he hangs on to employment at a major program will forever amaze me. 

Who can blame this guy for not wanting to play for Pelini and instead defecting to Freeze?  A hothead bully who really wants to run the ball all the time, or getting a chance to be a part of one of the better WR groups going in a hurry-up offense?  That probably wasn't all that hard of a choice to make.

Gotta think that "clueless parent" bit will follow Pelini around for a while. 

As for cheating, I'm sure Ole Miss bends the rules just like every other major program.  If you're a major program, somewhere along the way you're working the black of the plate.  Mostly, though, "cheating" is just something thrown out there when things don't go your way or something good happens to someone else. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

RT1941

The recruit visited Nebraska, a frozen tundra in the winter with a passle of pasty, thick ankled girls roaming around campus.  Then the recruit comes South and decides to play in the most dominant conference in the country and takes a gander at the women down here......  Choice was a no-brainer IMO.
RazorTusk!!!!

SemperFi

Brent Sobleski, "Pelini may think he knows what's best for every kid Nebraska recruits, but he is not in any position to tell Stringfellow and his family what's best for them." This holds particularly true when said player received any number of the following benefits:

•They paid him.
•They gave him a car.
•They offered his parents a job.
•They told him he would start right away.
•Young ladies were used as "campus aides" to woo him.

Bo Pelini speaks before he thinks, but his implying that Ole Miss cheats is probably true as is the case with some of the other SEC teams. With the NCAA more worried about revenue than enforcement of the rules, unless it's one of those stupid little rules that should be removed and you're not a super power to force your will, who's going to stop the big boys from cheating? Funny article anyway and you would think that after calling out this kids parents then it might adversely affect their recruiting.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Dan42AR

I've always heard its not cheating if you don't get caught. :-)

Huckleberry Pig

hobhog

Sounds like he just needs to wait a week and try again. Kid's 3rd commitment so far....

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: The Boar War on July 31, 2014, 07:38:18 am
I'm not concerned about all these highly recruited athletes going to Ole Miss as long as Freeze is the coach.

What's wrong with freeze?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 31, 2014, 02:44:41 pm
I don't see him being able to sustain a program. Offense is pretty sophomoric. No QB recruiting. Their recruiting has actually dipped a little this year. They have some discipline issues as well.

cosmodrum

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 31, 2014, 07:52:33 am
Pelini is such a jerk.  I was afraid we would end up with him.  I have a feeling Long was interested in him...

Say what you want about JL, but nothing I've seen from him makes me think he'd hire Pelini.
Go away, batin'

ZERO

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 30, 2014, 11:32:39 pm
This man will be jobless soon.

He's lost four games six years in a row - every year he's been HC at Nebraska. 9-4/10-4 every year is just good enough to keep your job at a major program. I think the first time he gets that fifth loss, he's gone.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ZERO on July 31, 2014, 03:24:47 pm
He's lost four games six years in a row - every year he's been HC at Nebraska. 9-4/10-4 every year is just good enough to keep your job at a major program. I think the first time he gets that fifth loss, he's gone.

Brando was talking about this last year with a guest.  They were saying he wins just enough that the school would get trashed for firing him so yeah that 5th lost would probably cost him but B1G has such a soft middle that he is in not much danger.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: RT1941 on July 31, 2014, 10:39:52 am
The recruit visited Nebraska, a frozen tundra in the winter with a passle of pasty, thick ankled girls roaming around campus.  Then the recruit comes South and decides to play in the most dominant conference in the country and takes a gander at the women down here......  Choice was a no-brainer IMO.
It appears you have something against girls with kankles.

The Boar War

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 31, 2014, 02:44:41 pm

What's right about him?  His 3-4 plays?  The super speed his teams play with? The ability to look the other way when boosters assemble his recruiting class?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on July 31, 2014, 02:53:17 pm
I don't see him being able to sustain a program. Offense is pretty sophomoric. No QB recruiting. Their recruiting has actually dipped a little this year. They have some discipline issues as well.

Well no team in the west is going to sustain success except the top 4 that are usually top 10 recruiting schools.   I see ole miss being similar to us under Nutt.  Will win 7-9 games with an occasional 6 win and maybe a 10 win season.

That isn't a knock on freeze though it's just the fact that we are in the west division of 7 teams which 3 of them have won or appeared in national championships in the past 5 years. 

Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama, and Auburn are teams that consistently recruit in the top 10. 

I believe if it continues that way then the sec west will be pretty much those 4 fighting for the top while the rest are fighting for 5th place in the sec west. 

Things will change if coaches of the big programs disappear and we get lucky and they hire crappy coaches. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Boston RedHogs

The NC freakin AA......<sarcasm off>

You're exactly right....the wolves are watching the hen house at this time....so why would they stop??

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on July 31, 2014, 02:53:17 pm

Well, the last class was top 10, so I guess some dipping was likely. All Freeze has done is win everywhere he's been. If he can average 8 wins a season, they'll build him a statue down there.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Torqued pork on July 31, 2014, 04:05:58 am

For some reason it's hard to see Pelini being a good closer in the recruiting process.

Lol....good point.  He would be more likely, to get some living room doors, closed on him...
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Exactly.  Right now, there is a better chance for the IRS to find wrong doings with a school, than the NCAA....

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Big Papa Satan

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.