Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why does Baum Stadium have Green seats?

Started by The_Iceman, July 30, 2014, 04:38:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Just a random question, why does Baum Stadium have green seats and not red seats? I think the stadium looks sharp and everything, but when looking at RRS and even Busch Stadium, the red seats really look nice. Anyone know why they chose that color? I was just thinking how nice it would be, since Baum is one of the first things you see coming up Razorback Road, if the seats were Red.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thought about that right before the first pitch of game one at Baum, haven't thought about it since. Now I gotta know (thanks a bunch)! Hope someone knows the answer.

Maybe it had to do with keeping the flow of the green grass, back at the beginning we had the green grass area's instead of seats extending to left and right fields past the bases.  ???

Agree, it looked good then and looks good now.

Past ready for them to extend the right field seating/suites around the corner behind the bullpen. Maybe it will help keep some balls from being knocked down by the wind. 

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

kingofdequeen

FaytownHog

kingofdequeen

also, don't gripe about ticket prices or gift requirements then ask them to rip out all the seats at baum b/c you want to color coordinate for some ungodly reason.

:dwi:

dotnet

I know nothing about the decision... but aren't green seats the standard/traditional color of baseball seats?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: dotnet on July 30, 2014, 05:32:52 pm
I know nothing about the decision... but aren't green seats the standard/traditional color of baseball seats?

Yes. Less glare, flows with grass color.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I love Baum - I think it's a beautiful ballpark.

Probably what others have said, traditionally baseball seats are green. 

Btw, in 1998, "Baseball America" ranked it the #1 collegiate baseball facility.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

The_Iceman

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 30, 2014, 05:27:07 pm
also, don't gripe about ticket prices or gift requirements then ask them to rip out all the seats at baum b/c you want to color coordinate for some ungodly reason.

:dwi:

No where did I ask them to rip them out, nor do I think they should. The stadium looks great and will be the #1 stadium in the country after they do the expansion improvements in a few years.

I was just wondering why they chose green seats.

The_Iceman

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on July 30, 2014, 05:24:05 pm
I vote for right field seating expansion.
Me too. We will sell out the added luxury boxes immediately...allowing the project to help pay for itself.

Hog Fan...DOH!

DVH needs to go win a national title this year so that thing can get built!!!  :)

booogaga

Talking about upgrades. The first thing they need to do is get a bigger Jumbo tron. The size of the one we have right now is a joke. Most high school football teams have better. lol

Also those ribbon boards would so much cooler if they would show less tyson chicken advertisements and more stats.
GO HOGS!

The_Iceman

Quote from: booogaga on July 31, 2014, 11:02:25 am
Talking about upgrades. The first thing they need to do is get a bigger Jumbo tron. The size of the one we have right now is a joke. Most high school football teams have better. lol

Also those ribbon boards would so much cooler if they would show less tyson chicken advertisements and more stats.

You don't want one too big or it will be a distraction to hitters. I forgot, do they turn it off during the at-bat?

jseinfeld50

how about red leather seat covers for the green chairs - it might be pricey but maybe cost effective for thousands

Mike Irwin

Norm and Frank were going for a throwback or retro look for Baum. Early baseball stadiums mostly had green seats. That was the look they were going for.

Both of them said that red seats would ruin the look. I agree.

FaytownHog

Just for fun....

[attachment deleted by admin]

hmm...don't think I'd like that look as much as I do the green.

Thanks for the comparison pic!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

FaytownHog

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 31, 2014, 08:51:28 pm
hmm...don't think I'd like that look as much as I do the green.

Thanks for the comparison pic!
The red is quite the right color but I wasn't going to spend forever on it. It's just for an "eye"dea ;)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 31, 2014, 08:03:02 pm
Norm and Frank were going for a throwback or retro look for Baum. Early baseball stadiums mostly had green seats. That was the look they were going for.

Both of them said that red seats would ruin the look. I agree.
Thanks Mike, now I can sleep tonight. ;)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: FaytownHog on July 31, 2014, 08:53:20 pm
The red is quite the right color but I wasn't going to spend forever on it. It's just for an "eye"dea ;)
Glad they went with the green.

It doesn't look bad, I just think the green looks better..

kingofdequeen

Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 30, 2014, 05:25:30 pm
b/c it looks pimp as hell.

mike, i believe this is what you meant to say.  i undersand the editing, and i feel you.

dotnet

ucahogfan

We could always go with the Rosenblatt look for seats:

ucahogfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 31, 2014, 10:13:24 am
Me too. We will sell out the added luxury boxes immediately...allowing the project to help pay for itself.

Same here.  I think it is time to add luxury boxes since there is a demand for them.  Plus, it gives Baum the unique advantage of being the first collegiate baseball field ever with luxury seating beyond the foul poles.

I know Baum is a college facility and SEC rules don't permit it currently, but I think it would be cool to have a restaurant in RF near the scoreboard with a beer deck to watch the game from.  It would add another element to the game with less than sober hecklers both in the Hog Pen and in RF.  The OFs would have nowhere to hide and the school would see the extra revenue from the alcohol sales.

And after seeing the red seats, we need to keep the green.  It does give them that old time look, but it also looks much more professional to me.

BroyledNutts

Seems like the green seat backs would also assist the sight line of the IF/OF to a degree - might help see the ball off the bat - same concept as a green batter's eye

Red could hinder that ability, specially on bright days