Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which NBA team would you take in this picture?

Started by Sweet Feet, July 30, 2014, 01:05:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: husker71 on July 31, 2014, 12:35:49 pm
Shaq could guard Russell who could not shoot a 10 footer   he got his points on following up fast breaks and offensive rebounds .  Moses had some great moves not only down low but just on the baseline.  The Rockets used a play vs the Celtics where Dunleavy or Leavell would wait until Moses had inside position and just throw the ball up on the backboard and let him go get it and put it in and sometimes also get fouled.  He is one of the most underrated players of all time IMHO.

Agreed. Moses had some monster stat years.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/malonmo01.html#all_per_game

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: secfan30 on July 31, 2014, 09:27:16 am
Number 2... Actually a pretty mean confident group. I'd have Barkley slam Shaq again for fun.

Mean was one of the first things I thought of too when I saw group 2 with MJ, Bird and CB.   Kareem broke his hand punching another player in a game.  MJ of course punched his SG in practice.  MJ and Bird are two of the meanest and most intense competitors ever.  It was enjoyable to watch them in their prime when they were challenged or made it up in their heads they were being challenged.   The trashtalking from a team of MJ, Bird and Barkley would be epic as well.  How would players like Carmelo or Garnett react to it?  Would Duncan actually cry instead of fake cry? 

Stockton was a great PG but was also one of the greatest actors to ever play the game.  He, Hornacek and Malone knew how to get calls.  They were the floppers before the Flopping Spurs brought about rules changes.  This discussion would need a clarification on what era's officiating would be used. 

I'm going by 7 game series which I think 2 would win in six or less vs the other 3 teams. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogeration

What a good OP.  2 and it AINT even close.  Bird and Jordan together?  Kareem and Barkley are just icing.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hvsupastar

I don't think you guys are considering how much the height advantage from Magic is a mismatch to every other team.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

yraciv

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 31, 2014, 08:44:16 pm
I don't think you guys are considering how much the height advantage from Magic is a mismatch to every other team.

Doesn't matter. Make him shoot the jumper.  If he blows by you've got some of the best defensive players in history protecting the paint. Paul and Stockton both play great D and could dribble circles around him. I do think Magic is the best point in our discussion, but Melo, Wade, & KG are arguably all the worse at their positions.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 31, 2014, 08:44:16 pm

That could also make it tough on him to stay with Chris Paul.  We could also switch and put Jordan on Magic.  People forget what a great defender Jordan was.  Chris Paul could handle Dwayne Wade.

Jordan would be unstoppable on offense.  With a guy like Larry Bird spotting up from the 3 point line, Barkley going to the hole/posting up and picking up offensive rebounds, and CP getting him the ball closer to the basket - and Kareem with the sky-hook - not to mention what great passers all these guys are as well as great free-throw shooters - I can't think of a category you'd beat us in, except maybe dunks(because of Shaq).

Shaq would be the challenge for us to stop, and we'd have to let him get his.  But we'd wear him down running the break and not letting him set up on D.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

masshog2412

I was speaking more of the undefeatable clutch monster of  a one Larry Jordan