Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Strength & Conditioning Coach named

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, July 30, 2014, 08:30:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Ironhawg

So Deets resigned at the end of March and at the end of July MA announces he is replacing him with his assistant?  That is interesting.   ???

The_Iceman

Quote from: Ironhawg on July 30, 2014, 09:35:44 am
So Deets resigned at the end of March and at the end of July MA announces he is replacing him with his assistant?  That is interesting.   ???

It has to be some sort of contractual thing. There are always weird reasons for stuff like that.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 30, 2014, 10:01:02 am
It has to be some sort of contractual thing. There are always weird reasons for stuff like that.

An example being...?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

rzrbackramsfan

Ironhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 30, 2014, 10:01:02 am

I'm sorry, but I am trying to get right in my  mind why it took MA four months to settle on an assistant who was already on staff. 
The reasons I can think of:

- The job was open and advertised, but nobody was terribly interested?
- The job was open and advertised, but nobody who was interested met MA's requirements?
- The job was open and advertised, but the guy who got the job just nailed the interview?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Ironhawg on July 30, 2014, 03:37:16 pm
I'm sorry, but I am trying to get right in my  mind why it took MA four months to settle on an assistant who was already on staff. 
The reasons I can think of:

- The job was open and advertised, but nobody was terribly interested?
- The job was open and advertised, but nobody who was interested met MA's requirements?
- The job was open and advertised, but the guy who got the job just nailed the interview?

The job may have had to be "open and advertised" for a certain amount of time before it was filled. Have to interview so many candidates to make sure there are no lawsuits, etc. His contract may have been through July and they wanted him to have a trial run at in the summer before officially signing him.

There are possibilities for why it took so long.

mbgrulz

Just because he is only now being announced as the guy, doesnt mean he hasnt been doing the job since Deets resigned.

Hawg Red

I thought Deets did a pretty good job with the team while he was here. Hopefully this guy continues that.

The_Iceman

Porked Tongue

Ironhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 30, 2014, 03:40:49 pm
The job may have had to be "open and advertised" for a certain amount of time before it was filled. Have to interview so many candidates to make sure there are no lawsuits, etc. His contract may have been through July and they wanted him to have a trial run at in the summer before officially signing him.

There are possibilities for why it took so long.

Ok.  Works for me.

z1on

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: z1on on July 31, 2014, 12:40:25 am
Portis looks a bit bigger.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I've heard and it seems like it's really difficult to put on weight when you are that tall and already as thin as he was.  So any amount of weight and muscle gain is big progress.

And we know he's doing it naturally if it happens gradually like that.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

The_Iceman

Hawg Red

July 31, 2014, 09:18:13 am #15 Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:40:41 am by Hawg Red
Quote from: The_Iceman on July 31, 2014, 06:27:16 am
Reportedly, Portis is up to 244lbs.

That's a pretty good weight for him (for right now) if he put on right (which I'm sure he did). He'll probably end up in the 250-260 range in the pros once he's fully matured. He'll always be a wiry guy, but he'll be okay weight-wise.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 31, 2014, 06:27:16 am
Reportedly, Portis is up to 244lbs.
Heard the same thing.  I also thought I heard he has grown about an inch

Breems

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 31, 2014, 09:18:13 am
That's a pretty good weight for him (for right now) if he put on right (which I'm sure he did). He'll probably end up in the 2502-260 range in the pros once he's fully matured. He'll always be a wiry guy, but he'll be okay weight-wise.

I disagree. He shouldn't reach 2502 anytime soon, especially without Deets.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hawg Red

Quote from: Breems on July 31, 2014, 11:38:41 am
I disagree. He shouldn't reach 2502 anytime soon, especially without Deets.

Boom. I got Breem'd.

Hog Fan...DOH!

We haven't had a guy weigh 2502 since the Big O.

Hawg Red

Kingsley is JACKED.

Bobby's wingspan is stupid.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 31, 2014, 01:28:24 pm

Kingsley is JACKED.

Wow, Moses looks incredible. LOL at those who questioned our strength program.

If Keaton Miles is 6'6"-6'7", and Moses Kingsley is between 6'9"-6"10", then Bobby is a solid 6'11"+.

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 31, 2014, 01:28:24 pm

Kingsley is JACKED.

Wow, yeah Kingsley looks strong.

Lol, look at Portis sucking his "gut" in.  I don't think he needs to do that...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Breems

I like what I see, but I don't like what I see.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Breems on July 31, 2014, 02:52:08 pm
I like what I see, but I don't like what I see.
So.... confused... soooo.... confused....  :-[

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on July 31, 2014, 04:24:48 pm
So.... confused... soooo.... confused....  :-[

Never get tired of that avatar.

Btw, it just dawned on me that it looks like Qualls got fouled there.  Does anyone know what the rule is when time runs out like that?  Should they have let him shoot the free throw, or is the game just over at that point?

Swinesong1

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 31, 2014, 04:46:06 pm
Never get tired of that avatar.

Btw, it just dawned on me that it looks like Qualls got fouled there.  Does anyone know what the rule is when time runs out like that?  Should they have let him shoot the free throw, or is the game just over at that point?
The game wasn't over.  Remember KYs last ditch try ended up in the scoreboard?

Quote from: Swinesong1 on July 31, 2014, 06:09:57 pm
The game wasn't over.  Remember KYs last ditch try ended up in the scoreboard?

Oh yeah, that's right.  Can't believe I forgot that, the ball is still up there.

Breems

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 31, 2014, 06:22:03 pm
Oh yeah, that's right.  Can't believe I forgot that, the ball is still up there.

They took it down. Government regulation, probably.

Quote from: Breems on July 31, 2014, 06:27:51 pm
They took it down. Government regulation, probably.

Ok.  I thought they said they were going to leave it up there.

Hawg Red

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on July 31, 2014, 06:30:20 pm
Ok.  I thought they said they were going to leave it up there.

Whatever Harrison twin it was that shot it wouldn't stop making a pouty face until we took it down.

Oh, what's that? They always look like that? My bad. Yeah, probably a government regulation.

chiefhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 31, 2014, 06:34:47 pm
Whatever Harrison twin it was that shot it wouldn't stop making a pouty face until we took it down.

Oh, what's that? They always look like that? My bad. Yeah, probably a government regulation.

Lol, nice.  TRUTH!