Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Besides Arkansas, which SEC teams don't cheat?

Started by IntegrityHog, July 29, 2014, 08:52:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IntegrityHog

We all know that Gus "The Cheater" Malazahan and Auburn cheat, as do most of our SEC brethern, but which teams don't?  I'm glad that we run a clean program, but am just curious who else does.

popcornhog

If you're not banned before football season starts I am going to lose my mind.

But I guess I have to admire your persistence.

WPS

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

I'm pretty sure Bama and Ole Miss don't pay

much.

popcornhog

Quote from: popcornhog on July 29, 2014, 08:56:18 pm
If you're not banned before football season starts I am going to lose my mind.

But I guess I have to admire your persistence.

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on July 29, 2014, 08:57:28 pm
I like this guy.  Always fun.

I know. I actually would miss his antics, but it's gonna be hard to stomach his garbage after a big loss.

Who do you think he is?

1) Spawn of Mr Cool Hog (with better grammar).

2) An Auburn Troll.

3) A general troll.

4) Other.
WPS

hogwild210

Quote from: popcornhog on July 29, 2014, 09:02:04 pm
I know. I actually would miss his antics, but it's gonna be hard to stomach his garbage after a big loss.

Who do you think he is?

2) An Auburn Troll.

3) A general troll.

4) Other.

I miss MrCoolHog
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Hogpkins

popcornhog

WPS

IntegrityHog

Quote from: popcornhog on July 29, 2014, 09:02:04 pm

Who do you think he is?

2) An Auburn Troll.

3) A general troll.

4) Other.

Still not getting the troll references.  Why can't we just be a "glass-half full," optimistic fan-base?  They only reason I started posting was because of all the negativity

JansterZ71

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

tophawg19

all teams cheat to some extent. some are just better . some know how to use the grey areas. the difference is some stretch them too far .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HogFanatic

Well, since all teams cheat to some degree, lets just focus on the SEC teams that seem to be repeat offenders of the "major infractions" variety.
Those would be:
1) Auburn (Seven-time violator)
2) Texas A&M (Seven-time violator)
3) Kentucky (Six-time violator)
4) Alabama (Five-time violator)
5) Mississippi State (Five-time violator)

PS,

In Alabama's defense, it appears that the SEC and NCAA have both decided to just stop investigating the Crimson Tide, as their cheating is plain for all to see nowadays. So, I would say Alabama probably tops this list.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on July 29, 2014, 09:30:58 pm
Well, since all teams cheat to some degree, lets just focus on the SEC teams that seem to be repeat offenders of the "major infractions" variety.
Those would be:
1) Auburn (Seven-time violator)
2) Texas A&M (Seven-time violator)
3) Kentucky (Six-time violator)
4) Alabama (Five-time violator)
5) Mississippi State (Five-time violator)

PS,

In Alabama's defense, it appears that the SEC and NCAA have both decided to just stop investigating the Crimson Tide, as their cheating is plain for all to see nowadays. So, I would say Alabama probably tops this list.

I love your Ric Flair avatar.  Whoooooooo!

Hogpkins

That's Ashley Schaeffer man. Best promoter/car salesman ever.

popcornhog

Quote from: IntegrityHog on July 29, 2014, 09:31:50 pm

I give up. And I admit, that was funny! +1

Do you write for the Rock City Times?
WPS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: IntegrityHog on July 29, 2014, 09:31:50 pm

I prefer Tophawg19's better. If you like flair better that says a lot about you. Not that there is anything wrong with it.   :-X
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

oldman1015

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 29, 2014, 09:15:05 pm
all teams cheat to some extent. some are just better . some know how to use the grey areas. the difference is some stretch them too far .
bingo
Arkansas, the left lane state.

nationwish

I think the Manziel issue may have a bigger impact than a lot of people realize. It was pretty obvious he was being paid for autographs, but when the NCAA gives itself a standard that something has to be proven 100% without a doubt, it makes it incredibly easy to have someone not directly affiliated with the program give out cash to players. The cash isn't going to be traced, and the universities, coaches, and players all just have to deny it and there is no way to prove it. You can have pictures of recruits on social media with hundred dollar bills in their hands during a recruiting visit, and under those standards, there wouldn't be anything proven.

So it isn't surprising that more and more teams would be pushing the limit. There probably will be a backlash at some point, but you can rest assured that it will be after the fact that a team like Alabama has already won another championship. They won't punish a team before a season unless it's Arkansas. Because everyone hates us. 

FaytownHog

Quote from: Solomwi on July 30, 2014, 05:07:25 pm
I don't think many teams at all blatantly cheat anymore. Just too difficult to hide it. Where the cheating comes in is with the crazy boosters and to an extent, parents.
Exactly. All the student has to say is "I wasn't aware of my father being involved in anything". Or a local pastor with a brand new church remodel fully paid for can just say "The Lawd works in mysterious ways!" and nothing will ever be done about it.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Solomwi on July 30, 2014, 05:07:25 pm
I don't think many teams at all blatantly cheat anymore. Just too difficult to hide it. Where the cheating comes in is with the crazy boosters and to an extent, parents.

This message brought to you by the NTYF.......... 8)

I see that hyper has asked for some help.

HyperDrive

Quote from: FaytownHog on July 30, 2014, 05:16:03 pm
Exactly. All the student has to say is "I wasn't aware of my father being involved in anything". Or a local pastor with a brand new church remodel fully paid for can just say "The Lawd works in mysterious ways!" and nothing will ever be done about it.

You do realize the supposed "church remodel" was just message board fairy tales that weren't true don't you?

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 31, 2014, 09:18:28 am
You do realize the supposed "church remodel" was just message board fairy tales that weren't true don't you?

The Party Line........ 8)

NoNC4Tubs

HyperDrive

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on July 31, 2014, 12:08:43 pm
As fabricated by the NTYF.......... 8)

As reported by the New York Times.

You suck at this game.

NoNC4Tubs

July 31, 2014, 04:02:47 pm #25 Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:19:43 pm by NoNC4Tubs
Quote from: HyperDrive on July 31, 2014, 12:29:55 pm
As reported by the New York Times.

You suck at this game.

That's yet another fabrication......... 8)

HyperDrive

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on July 31, 2014, 04:02:47 pm
There's yet another fabrication......... 8)

Did you really think I'd cite a specific paper if it couldn't be backed up?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/24/sports/ncaafootball/24newton.html?_r=0

The only repairs that got done were ones that were enough to keep the building from being condemned and Cam's younger brother who had been signed to the Jaguars practice squad started sending money to get those repairs done.  But even what they did wasn't enough to allow people to actually use the building.  It just kept it from being condemned and torn down.  There was no "brand new" anything.

You need new sources.  Or to learn how to use a search engine.

Theolesnort

Quote from: ricepig on July 29, 2014, 08:59:07 pm
I'm pretty sure Bama and Ole Miss don't pay

much.
More than the usual going rate.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Kevin

Everybody cheats.  Some jaywalk some commit murder.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigture perfect

July 31, 2014, 11:59:50 pm #29 Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:14:35 am by pigture perfect
It depends on the sport really. Kentucky for instance cheats like crazy in Basketball, but they can not be that bad in football if they do cheat.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 31, 2014, 06:32:58 pm

The only repairs that got done were ones that were enough to keep the building from being condemned and Cam's younger brother who had been signed to the Jaguars practice squad started sending money to get those repairs done.  But even what they did wasn't enough to allow people to actually use the building.  It just kept it from being condemned and torn down.  There was no "brand new" anything.

I think he means NYTimes is a fabrication...........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: HyperDrive on July 31, 2014, 06:32:58 pm

Duh!

The money was conveyed through a very generous contribution and a very gracious trucking contract.............. 8)

HyperDrive

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on August 01, 2014, 07:10:04 am
Duh!

The money was conveyed through a very generous contribution and a very gracious trucking contract.............. 8)

Yep, you drank the JAWA/Blue Tuna Tiger koolaid by the barrel. 

Good Lord, Cam's younger brother was making $5000-7000 a week on the practice squad of an NFL team (the going rate at the time) and started sending money to get the bare minimum repairs needed to keep the building from being torn down.  Your reading skills suck.

You guys should go to Hollywood and write movie scripts with the imagination you possess.  I'm surprised you didn't work aliens or zombies into the plot.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Solomwi on August 01, 2014, 09:26:09 am
Hyper,

Dude you should just let it go. These imbeciles will always believe it because that's what they want to believe. It doesn't matter. If Cam did get paid, I'm sure he has paid Auburn back ten fold by now, so it's a wash. The NCAA, FBI, NSA, IDF, CIA all colluded to drop the hammer on us and couldn't find the proof. That tells me Pat Dye truly has perfected his craft. Embrace it.

FIFY  8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 01, 2014, 09:08:31 am
Yep, you drank the JAWA/Blue Tuna Tiger koolaid by the barrel. 

Good Lord, Cam's younger brother was making $5000-7000 a week on the practice squad of an NFL team (the going rate at the time) and started sending money to get the bare minimum repairs needed to keep the building from being torn down.  Your reading skills suck.

You guys should go to Hollywood and write movie scripts with the imagination you possess.  I'm surprised you didn't work aliens or zombies into the plot.

So were you "Bucks" on that thread?  8)