Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early feedback on Razorbacks in summer

Started by Biggus Piggus, July 29, 2014, 03:40:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatleyville454

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on July 31, 2014, 12:23:21 pm
Its possible but I don't see Portis being 6'11" barefoot and 7'1" in shoes

Yeah, I only mentioned it, because it was straight from his mouth, but his official measurements at the Lebron Skills Academy were 6'11" with shoes. Maybe he just got confused. Either way, he's a big man

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Hatleyville454 on July 31, 2014, 12:52:06 pm
Yeah, I only mentioned it, because it was straight from his mouth, but his official measurements at the Lebron Skills Academy were 6'11" with shoes. Maybe he just got confused. Either way, he's a big man

Portis is big and its good to have to other 6'10" types on the roster in Kingsley and Thompson

mhuff

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 31, 2014, 07:46:19 am
  I am sorry but Madden can hardly ever take his man to the hole off the dribble.  That is the reason he is being put at the 2 and a 1 is being brought in to run the team.  Madden wanted to be the 1.  I guess Mike wanted Madden to be the 1 but after 2 years of trying that little experiment Mike brought in 2 PGs to run this team so Madden can do what he does best and that is shoot the ball.   I think we will love this a lot better.

What you say is true. I have been preaching that Madden needs to stop and pop from close instead of driving to the hole. He drives with his head down and rarely passes off. You actually have to do what the defense gives you. His replacements will just be better at these things than he.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Hatleyville454 on July 31, 2014, 12:52:06 pm

At the first camp he went to Portis's height rounded up to 6-11. Barefoot.
[CENSORED]!

trashcan maN

Quote from: intelligence on July 30, 2014, 09:09:58 pm

I don't get your point. That shot has proven very effective for Harris. He uses the right foot to square his body and the left foot to create seperation/lift. I think this shot is key to creating separation for Harris, because making one forces the defender to play him a little tighter, possibly creating gaps in the defense for Harris and teammates to exploit. Without the jump shot Harris becomes 1 dimensional
He's not Dirk Nowitzki. That's a poor shot unless you're a world class jump shooter. I can't remember him making even one of those last year.

I'd also like to see him stop putting the ball on the floor for no reason every time he touches it.

intelligence

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 02, 2014, 04:23:42 pm
He's not Dirk Nowitzki. That's a poor shot unless you're a world class jump shooter. I can't remember him making even one of those last year.

I'd also like to see him stop putting the ball on the floor for no reason every time he touches it.

You got a good point, but i recall him hitting several of them last season, and he missed a fair few of them as well. he hit one in the kentucky game, which probably allowed him to get loose for that game tying layup and 1, but hey what do i know. he hit several in our game versus georgia as well.