Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mostly Mizzou BB recruiting but some Whitt and Morgan news

Started by mizzouman, July 29, 2014, 11:59:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

-Blu

Good Read.  Thanks for the link.

I'm surprised to hear that Mizzou is the "Leader" for Whitt at the moment.  I seen the 24/7 guys make the picks as well.  I hadn't heard any news or any indications directly from him to think he was leaning towards Mizzou. What's the word down there in Missouri, what's changed to make everyone think they are the current favorite?

The Hogfather

QuoteMizzou appears to be the leader for Whitt at this point which is great news, but he's ascended the charts and will likely see more offers come in the door until he signs.

Yeah, I don't believe this.

RazorAg

Quote from: mizzouman on July 29, 2014, 11:59:27 am
Good article on Mizzou BB recruitment for this coming high school senior class.  But, has some Whitt and Morgan info. 

http://www.rockmnation.com/2014/7/29/5939681/missouri-basketball-recruiting-antonio-blakeney-thomas-bryant

Not sure how much you follow bball recruiting mizzouman, but I'd take that article with a larger than normal grain of salt.  Not listing SMU in the Whitt sweepstakes is a loud indicator that the author is not digging enough and doesn't have solid connections there.  There were also numerous, similar omissions with other players.

The Hogfather

Quote from: -Blu on July 29, 2014, 12:11:08 pm

I'm surprised to hear that Mizzou is the "Leader" for Whitt at the moment.  I seen the 24/7 guys make the picks as well.  I hadn't heard any news or any indications directly from him to think he was leaning towards Mizzou. What's the word down there in Missouri, what's changed to make everyone think they are the current favorite?

If you believe the article, all it took was a switch from Fuller to Loos as his lead recruiter.  I don't buy it.  Just a typical "we're the leaders of every guy we're recruiting" article.

The Hogfather

Here's the guy who has "pushed Missouri way up the chart".  Seems likely.

mizzouman

Quote from: -Blu on July 29, 2014, 12:11:08 pm

From what I hear, Haith would have not signed Whitt. But with the new hire in Kim Anderson, that all changed. But still, no one really knows where he will sign.

mizzouman

Quote from: RazorAg on July 29, 2014, 12:18:33 pm
Not sure how much you follow bball recruiting mizzouman, but I'd take that article with a larger than normal grain of salt.  Not listing SMU in the Whitt sweepstakes is a loud indicator that the author is not digging enough and doesn't have solid connections there.  There were also numerous, similar omissions with other players.
Whitt will not go to SMU. At least that's the word today. But again, it could change.

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 29, 2014, 12:27:46 pm
Here's the guy who has "pushed Missouri way up the chart".  Seems likely.

Not sure you actual know who this dude is and his ties to the state and why he and Anderson will recruit well in the state.

The Hogfather

Quote from: mizzouman on July 29, 2014, 07:21:06 pm
Not sure you actual know who this dude is and his ties to the state and why he and Anderson will recruit well in the state.

Yeah, I know he's been an assistant coach at Central Missouri under Anderson.  I don't know how any of these other schools, including Arkansas, can compete with that.  There's no wonder he just rocketed Missouri "way up the chart".

The Hogfather

Quote from: mizzouman on July 29, 2014, 07:18:46 pm
Whitt will not go to SMU. At least that's the word today. But again, it could change.

Mizzouman has the inside scoop, just like he had with Wingo.  If he isn't going to to go SMU, I think that's great news for Arkansas.

mizzouman

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 30, 2014, 10:23:06 am
Yeah, I know he's been an assistant coach at Central Missouri under Anderson.  I don't know how any of these other schools, including Arkansas, can compete with that.  There's no wonder he just rocketed Missouri "way up the chart".
More research, less sarcasm will go a long way.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 30, 2014, 10:23:06 am

There isn't anyone on the arkansas staff that has the ties to Missouri high school coaches and programs that this guy has and I would venture to say that no one (aside from Anderson) that has his pedigree.  He will be a head coach some day, he is only 35 I believe.

The Hogfather