Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Portis Returns from LeBron Camp With Newly Found Sense of Humor

Started by Mike Irwin, July 28, 2014, 10:11:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

FAYETTEVILLE--At times there wasn't much for Razorback freshman forward Bobby Portis to smile about in the 2014 basketball season. Head coach Mike Anderson told Hog fans many times that he'd never seen a player who wanted to win more than Portis. When the team went south to start the SEC race the highly touted Portis took it personally mainly because he was struggling too.

There was no evidence of that frustration this week as Portis sat down with reporters to talk about his time this summer at the LeBron James Skills Academy.

"You were there when he (James) was deciding where he would play next season. What was that like?" Portis was asked.

"He didn't say a word, really," Portis recalled. "I asked him a couple of times where he was going. He didn't say anything to me. He just took a couple of pictures and that was it."

"Did he say, 'None of your business' or did he just laugh? What did he say?" the reporter quizzed.

"No, he was like, 'Keep it moving young fella. Keep it moving young fella,' " Portis said as the press room at Bud Walton Arena erupted in laughter.
-----------------
To read more and to view the two video versions of this story click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/portis-returns-from-lebron-camp-with-a-newly-found/21697/I22bOc8tHUuRfpVrJ5apjw

intelligence

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: intelligence on July 29, 2014, 10:26:58 pm
Thanks for the updates Mike. cant' wait for bball season

ditto. I want to see how much we have grown as a team. Being more at ease with the media could signify more confidence. Our guys need that. Especially Portis.

He is our foundation. Upon this rock we shall rebuild our Razorback church and the gates of hell (sec road games) shall not prevail against us. Amen
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.