Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Degree of difficulty in recruiting to Fayetteville

Started by Country Stylz, July 28, 2014, 03:33:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

intelligence

Man I hope I'm not as miserable as some of you ole bastiges when I get over the hill.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 04, 2014, 08:44:39 am
Please explain OU, UN, ND etc.

Winning begets tradition begets more winning begets NC's

Location is not the problem, it's consistency. 

I think location has more to do with recruiting than lots of folks give it credit for.  OU, UN and ND all have major areas of black culture.  I go back to what Nolan said years ago at a press conference, he looked out and and made the comment that no one here looked like him or talked like him.

I know if I were offered a job in, say Flint, Michigan or New Jersey and I had an offer from a local company that paid the same I'd take the local one because I'm around people like me and I fit in here.  Just me $.02
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

opineonswine

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 04, 2014, 08:29:57 am
4 hr drive to a beach from Athens and 1 hr and 15 mins from Gainesville. Makes for an easy weekend trip for college kids

My experience with college kids, which is extensive, is they rarely get more than a few blocks from campus.  UofA kids don't even go to Rogers for the most part...much less to Tulsa (the equivalent of going to the beach from Gainesville...which ain't that great a beach by the way).

Pork Twain

August 07, 2014, 09:42:12 am #153 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:54:47 am by Pork Twain
Keep in mind that almost every top 25 class we have signed, was padded with players that either did not stick, did not live up to expectations or never made it.  Probably a reason we "beat" other schools out for them...

2014 - #30
2013 - #23
2012 - #28
2011 - #21
2010 - #42
2009 - #23
2008 - #35
2007 - #40
2006 - #23
2005 - #29
2004 - #24
2003 - #42
2002 - #25
2001 - #9
2000 - #16
1999 - #27

http://247sports.com/Season/1999-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

http://searnfootballforum.yuku.com/topic/4620#.U-OP_fm-3Po
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

Quote from: redeye on August 01, 2014, 02:34:30 pm
So, we need a beach?  Los Alamitos, CA is near the beach.  Wonder why Blake Johnson chose Arkansas?

Some players want out of their environment, no matter what that environment may be.  Others want to stay put, no matter what their environment may be.  More then anything else, I think it's about perception, as YankHog mentioned previously.
This is why I think FL, CA and TX are so important for us.  Not only for the obvious, that they are loaded with talent, but also because those kids are ripe for trying something new.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WorfHog

August 07, 2014, 10:04:31 am #155 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:30:59 pm by WorfHog
If sea levels rise bringing us closer the the ocean, will that make us a powerhouse?  It's going to kill our Miami Pipeline, but we should be able to attract top talent if most of the SEC is underwater.

RNHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 07, 2014, 08:50:28 am
I think location has more to do with recruiting than lots of folks give it credit for.  OU, UN and ND all have major areas of black culture.  I go back to what Nolan said years ago at a press conference, he looked out and and made the comment that no one here looked like him or talked like him.

I know if I were offered a job in, say Flint, Michigan or New Jersey and I had an offer from a local company that paid the same I'd take the local one because I'm around people like me and I fit in here.  Just me $.02

Yup.

Cinco de Hogo

First, Norman, South Bend and Lincoln do not have "Hugh Black Cultures". 
Second, I think in connection with NWA you are at least 20 years behind the times.
Third, and I don't know at what age this becomes important but at the age you would receive that job offer after college you should desire to raise a family in NWA over any of the places you named.

Helping you get to the NFL and a great job in a great place to raise a family is a selling point for the coaching staff I assure you.  Listening to CBB you just know he is looking for the uncommon men who think that is important.

Cure

August 07, 2014, 12:14:06 pm #158 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:24:40 pm by Cure
Quote from: opineonswine on August 07, 2014, 09:32:06 am
My experience with college kids, which is extensive, is they rarely get more than a few blocks from campus.  UofA kids don't even go to Rogers for the most part...much less to Tulsa (the equivalent of going to the beach from Gainesville...which ain't that great a beach by the way).
You haven't been around them that much then.

At the end of the day, you just have to like the crowd in Fayetteville, some do, most don't (blue chip recruits). I can understand why they don't come. Not many that look like them and the huge Greek population within the student body. The tradition doesn't exist to this generation and there are few pros out of Arkansas. Jeff Long/CBB recognize this and work against it with their hires.

However, it is an excellent place to raise a family and for college, it is certainly offers great views from the hills.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

RNHog

Quote from: opineonswine on August 07, 2014, 09:32:06 am

Why would they go to Rogers? What is there to offer?

RNHog

Quote from: Cure on August 07, 2014, 12:14:06 pm

At the end of the day, you just have to like the crowd in Fayetteville, some do, most don't (blue chip recruits). I can understand why they don't come. Not many that look like them and the huge Greek population within the student body, but Jeff Long/CBB recognize this and work against it with their hires.

However, it is an excellent place to raise a family and for college, it is certainly offers great views from the hills.

Another bingo post.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Cure on August 07, 2014, 12:14:06 pm

At the end of the day, you just have to like the crowd in Fayetteville, some do, most don't (blue chip recruits). I can understand why they don't come. Not many that look like them and the huge Greek population within the student body. The tradition doesn't exist to this generation and there are few pros out of Arkansas. Jeff Long/CBB recognize this and work against it with their hires.

Facts are facts. You guys want to come up with excuses for things you see, then great. But your continual stance of location, has been refuted with facts. According to a few of you guys, if you aren't on a beach or located in area in a town with a large African-American population, you just aren't going to win.

Ok. You guys are correct. So all of those programs need to just fold up their tents and give up the sport right? If that's the case, why are you evening posting here? You are given facts but all you do is come back with this location thing. It's an old/tiresome excuse that isn't based upon anything but one's perceived opinion of how a 17-, 18-year-old chooses a college in which the facts do not back up. San Diego State needs some fans. They have the beach, never gets cold and large African American population. There you go ... http://www.aztecmesa.proboards.com/

Philip Seaton

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 06, 2014, 01:27:07 pm
Who sells Arkansas short?   Think before we answer.... 

Regardless, I have lived away from Fayetteville for 33+ years and long to get back there permanently, in lieu of the 3-4 times I visit each year....   I'm not a native (unless my 7 years in Fayetteville count) but my ancestors were early settlers (1850's from Alabama.. :)) in Arkansas and I certainly would never sell Arkansas short....   but... I honestly would hate for the rest of the US to discover this hidden gem and descend upon it like a swarm of locusts............

People in this post. I did THINK before answering. You see my name don't you? I am not hiding behind some nickname.

People are making excuses why Arkansas can't recruit certain-type of athletes. Then what is not but selling Arkansas short? Just because you don't come out and say it. Look there is no beach. There is cold weather. But when presented with facts about other programs that offer the same thing, then it is always something else. It is tiresome.

Atlhogfan1

Every N Champ since USC is located near or between I10 and I20 from Texas to Florida.  Some NC games have had both programs located in this region.  Location, demographics, population, emphasis on high school football in the state and region are the most important things.  The exception is brand.  Oregon has created a brand.  Nebraska had it up until about 10 years ago.  If your program can become an exception like them with a brand, then you have a chance in competing with the elite recruiting programs.  You can try through uniform changes although everyone is doing that now.  Style of play perhaps can help.  Conf affiliation helps although it helps all of your competitors too. 

Put Fay and the UA where Texarkana or El Dorado is and perhaps recruiting would be a little easier.  Arkansas is at a disadvantage in every area to most of its competition.  We actually recruit well if you just go by rankings compared to most of college football when you consider we are in the top 25-30%. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RNHog

Quote from: Philip Seaton on August 07, 2014, 12:45:35 pm
People in this post. I did THINK before answering. You see my name don't you? I am not hiding behind some nickname.

People are making excuses why Arkansas can't recruit certain-type of athletes. Then what is not but selling Arkansas short? Just because you don't come out and say it. Look there is no beach. There is cold weather. But when presented with facts about other programs that offer the same thing, then it is always something else. It is tiresome.

Disprove this. Not including that dinosaur national title.

What does Arkansas and Fayetteville have that can make a kid choose it over Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Athens, Gainesville, Austin, college station, michigan, ohio state?

Answer me that. Don't give me that facilities crap.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Timber on August 06, 2014, 03:40:33 pm
You do realize ohio state and Michigan is around many large metro areas right? Millions of people and recruits. Ohio itself has better high school football than us. NWA considers itself metro is laughable in itself.

Now you throw in metro areas? What is it then? First it was the beach. Then it was the weather. Now metro areas and large African-American populations? What else do you want to add? The point is, there are many variables. Not just one. There are factors for all recruits individually, but the one that matters the most? Winning consistently and getting a chance to get to the NFL. That is the biggest factor of them all. Can that be done in Arkansas? Historically it has yet to be proven in the SEC on consistent basis. Is it possible, yes it is.

One can variable themselves to death on the reasons, or even make excuses why it isn't happening. Petrino proved Arkansas could win, and win big, and I have to venture a guess he would have been a consistent winner. So it is possible.

RNHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on August 07, 2014, 12:54:42 pm
Every N Champ since USC is located near or between I10 and I20 from Texas to Florida.  Some NC games have had both programs located in this region.  Location, demographics, population, emphasis on high school football in the state and region are the most important things.  The exception is brand.  Oregon has created a brand.  Nebraska had it up until about 10 years ago.  If your program can become an exception like them with a brand, then you have a chance in competing with the elite recruiting programs.  You can try through uniform changes although everyone is doing that now.  Style of play perhaps can help.  Conf affiliation helps although it helps all of your competitors too. 

Put Fay and the UA where Texarkana or El Dorado is and perhaps recruiting would be a little easier.  Arkansas is at a disadvantage in every area to most of its competition.  We actually recruit well if you just go by rankings compared to most of college football when you consider we are in the top 25-30%.

Spot on. It's a disadvantage. Some who see this is bashing amazes me. It's realistic.

RNHog

Quote from: Philip Seaton on August 07, 2014, 12:56:14 pm
Now you throw in metro areas? What is it then? First it was the beach. Then it was the weather. Now metro areas and large African-American populations? What else do you want to add? The point is, there are many variables. Not just one. There are factors for all recruits individually, but the one that matters the most? Winning consistently and getting a chance to get to the NFL. That is the biggest factor of them all. Can that be done in Arkansas? Historically it has yet to be proven in the SEC on consistent basis. Is it possible, yes it is.

One can variable themselves to death on the reasons, or even make excuses why it isn't happening. Petrino proved Arkansas could win, and win big, and I have to venture a guess he would have been a consistent winner. So it is possible.

I stand by it. Other than the weather. My reference to the beach was more of leisure and fun. Not the temp.

Arkansas biggest disadvantages on the recruiting world.
1. Demographics. Kids want to go where they have something to familiarize with. Fayetteville and NWA doesn't cater to EVERYONE.
2. Location. Face it. The level of talent of football within the NWA "metro" is laughable. We have to rely on central and south Arkansas for top athletes. Ohio has Columbus, Akron, Cincinnati, etc. Large cities and several more to recruit from. It was once said that Michigan will pull stud WRs and players from that one state itself. Michigan has Lansing, Detroit, Ann Arbor, and several other metros where they have solid football players to choose. Not to mention the ohio pipeline being a huge state. Plus their tradition of winning. Sure we are close to athlete hotbeds but look what we have to compete with year in and year out.
3. Living in the past. No recruit cares about 1969. Sorry folks.
4. Recreation for college kids. Sorry but not everyone finds hiking, Greek life, Dickson street, and changing leaves as a seller for recruits. The boston mountains as a selling point only goes so far with some.

Arkansas can be a winning team. If coach can do it at wisky be can do it here. However Madison and Milwaukee are large recruiting areas with the state. And it's a football state too alas Green Bay packers. But to think we will be LSU or Bama every year is a pipe dream. Much less out recruiting them.

Atlhogfan1

I can't remember the exact numbers and I'm not looking it up now.  But over around 10 recruiting classes, the state of La produce in the ballpark of 60 four or five star defensive recruits.  The state of Ark produced about 5-6 and a few of them moved to offense in college.  This shouldn't even be a debate. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RNHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on August 07, 2014, 01:14:17 pm
I can't remember the exact numbers and I'm not looking it up now.  But over around 10 recruiting classes, the state of La produce in the ballpark of 60 four or five star defensive recruits.  The state of Ark produced about 5-6 and a few of them moved to offense in college.  This shouldn't even be a debate.

It shouldn't be a debate. It is common sense.

ricepig

Quote from: Timber on August 07, 2014, 01:20:58 pm
It shouldn't be a debate. It is common sense.

Who's debating the talent level between Arkansas and Louisiana high school players?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on August 07, 2014, 01:26:08 pm
Who's debating the talent level between Arkansas and Louisiana high school players?

The discussion about location and recruiting to Arkansas. 

RNHog

Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Toledo, Akron, Dayton, Canton, Youngstown areas have a combined population of OVER 9 million people in the state of Ohio.

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on August 07, 2014, 01:29:19 pm
The discussion about location and recruiting to Arkansas. 

Which has nothing to do with the amount of D-I talent the state's produce. The location has something to do with ability to draw this talent, that's understood.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on August 07, 2014, 01:37:43 pm
Which has nothing to do with the amount of D-I talent the state's produce. The location has something to do with ability to draw this talent, that's understood.

Huh?  How is being located in a state that produces so little in terms of recruits compared to our competition not related to location?

RNHog

The Detroit, Grand Rapids, Tri-Cities, Lansing, Kalamazoo metro areas of Michigan have a population of over 8.5 million people.

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on August 07, 2014, 01:48:08 pm
Huh?  How is being located in a state that produces so little in terms of recruits compared to our competition not related to location?

How does ND recruit in Indiana? The question was location of Fayetteville and it's distance from the recruits, not the number within the state.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Timber on August 07, 2014, 12:55:43 pm
Disprove this. Not including that dinosaur national title.

What does Arkansas and Fayetteville have that can make a kid choose it over Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Athens, Gainesville, Austin, college station, michigan, ohio state?

Answer me that. Don't give me that facilities crap.
How many of those towns have you actually been to? Baton Rouge, College Station, Ann Arbor, Tuscaloosa don't hold a candle to Fayetteville. Athens is a great college town the best in the country IMO. Austin and Columbus aren't college towns but good places nonetheless. I don't know what you think certain places have that UA doesn't. All football players have time for is football and a little partying on the side.

ricepig

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 07, 2014, 01:52:50 pm
How many of those towns have you actually been to? Baton Rouge, College Station, Ann Arbor, Tuscaloosa don't hold a candle to Fayetteville. Athens is a great college town the best in the country IMO. Austin and Columbus aren't college towns but good places nonetheless. I don't know what you think certain places have that UA doesn't. All football players have time for is football and a little partying on the side.

Not according to the arrest records in those towns.........

Cure

Quote from: Philip Seaton on August 07, 2014, 12:37:15 pm
Facts are facts. You guys want to come up with excuses for things you see, then great. But your continual stance of location, has been refuted with facts. According to a few of you guys, if you aren't on a beach or located in area in a town with a large African-American population, you just aren't going to win.

Ok. You guys are correct. So all of those programs need to just fold up their tents and give up the sport right?
Quite defensive, are we?

If you'd like to take it to that extreme, go for it. I presented facts.

- Arkansas' tradition isn't relevant to this generation
- There is a large greek population
- The student body isn't diverse
- Long and CBB recognize this and are working against it with their hires.

Please argue those.

Once again, location is a plus and a minus for recruiting, but as I stated before, you have to like the crowd or provide an out for the life they were living.

Nobody said you could not recruit to the U of A, you just have to understand what you're dealing with when you're attempting to do that and again, the athletic department has addressed those issues tremendously.

Bottom line as many have stated is winning cures all, but it will still be a tougher climb than any other SEC university to recruit to primarily due to the location.

Team Economics

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on August 07, 2014, 01:51:03 pm
How does ND recruit in Indiana? The question was location of Fayetteville and it's distance from the recruits, not the number within the state.

Really?  The biggest brand historically in college football and one of the biggest not just in sports but our country's culture and a university with a great reputation.  Its near Chicago, Michigan and Ohio.  Our country's most famous Catholic university in a country filled with Catholic high schools with tradition rich programs in major US metro areas.  You really picked the exception to try and prove a point? 

RNHog

What does that matter, but for arguments sake, I have been to Gainesville, Austin, baton rouge,  Athens, Tuscaloosa, and college station. Not the northern places. What makes Tuscaloosa not hold a candle to Fayetteville?

RNHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 07, 2014, 01:54:17 pm
Not according to the arrest records in those towns.........

As well as it does in Fayetteville.

RNHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 07, 2014, 01:51:03 pm

Come on. It is one of the most prestigious catholic academic schools in the nation. It sells itself.

RNHog

Quote from: Cure on August 07, 2014, 01:54:49 pm
Quite defensive, are we?

Please argue those.

Once again, location is a plus and a minus for recruiting, but as I stated before, you have to like the crowd or provide an out for the life they were living.

Nobody said you could not recruit to the U of A, you just have to understand what you're dealing with when you're attempting to do that and again, the athletic department has addressed those issues tremendously.

Bottom line as many have stated is winning cures all, but it will still be a tougher climb than any other SEC university to recruit to primarily due to the location.

Winning cures all. No doubt.

Cure

Columbus is a college town, everything evolves around the university. Ann Arbor, as much as I hate it, does provide a unique college atmosphere and a huge tradition.
Team Economics

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on August 07, 2014, 01:55:32 pm
Really?  The biggest brand historically in college football and one of the biggest not just in sports but our country's culture and a university with a great reputation.  Its near Chicago, Michigan and Ohio.  Our country's most famous Catholic university in a country filled with Catholic high schools with tradition rich programs in major US metro areas.  You really picked the exception to try and prove a point? 

No, the fact that Indiana doesn't produce talent, like Arkansas doesn't. Jesus, you are arguing a completely different argument than Fayetteville's location. The location in Fayetteville, does hinder somewhat on recruiting, agreed?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on August 07, 2014, 02:01:43 pm
No, the fact that Indiana doesn't produce talent, like Arkansas doesn't. Jesus, you are arguing a completely different argument than Fayetteville's location. The location in Fayetteville, does hinder somewhat on recruiting, agreed?

The UA's location is in Arkansas.  I'm not arguing.  This is just one piece of it.  I was adding on to Timber's list with my post comparing what Arkansas produces to another SEC state.  It is a part of it.

ND's location isn't as important.  It is an exception.  You would have been better off trying Nebraska or Oregon even though they are again examples of brand exceptions. 

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Cure on August 07, 2014, 01:54:49 pm
Quite defensive, are we?

Please argue those.

So a large Greek population and lack of diversity of the student body are negatives now? You ever been on campus at Ole Miss or Tuscaloosa? Literally everyone looks the same. If anything, the UA has become MORE like the other SEC schools. Also, sorry you didn't get a bid.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 07, 2014, 02:47:45 pm
So a large Greek population and lack of diversity of the student body are negatives now? You ever been on campus at Ole Miss or Tuscaloosa? Literally everyone looks the same. If anything, the UA has become MORE like the other SEC schools. Also, sorry you didn't get a bid.

They probably do look the same.  Unfortunately, most of the talent resides much closer to those schools.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Cure

In terms of how big the student population is? Yes, both are negatives.

Actually, I have been to Ole Miss and Tuscaloosa, which both have a bit more diverse student bodies based on their locations. U of A is not similar to those two universities in that regard, whereas Fayetteville is pulling a majority of its students from Texas.

Look, I'm pulling for the same team as you, except that I will acknowledge the issues the administration has been tasked with. I wanted to get out of the south for college, but that's an entirely different argument in itself.

The University of Arkansas has a lot to offer, that can't be denied, but you can't gloss over any negatives it may have. We all want the university to sign top 25 classes and they will under CBB, but big strides must continue to be made, which is why the U of A is trying to rebrand that perception it has.
Team Economics

Cinco de Hogo

The only negative Arkansas has besides the constant turmoil in the athlete dept is the distance from major recruiting grounds.  Other teams have proven that problem can be overcome, specially with a great coach.  Sure hope the turmoil in the athlete dept is over for a few years.

redeye

Quote from: Pork Twain on August 07, 2014, 09:42:12 am
Keep in mind that almost every top 25 class we have signed, was padded with players that either did not stick, did not live up to expectations or never made it.  Probably a reason we "beat" other schools out for them...

2014 - #30
2013 - #23
2012 - #28
2011 - #21
2010 - #42
2009 - #23
2008 - #35
2007 - #40
2006 - #23
2005 - #29
2004 - #24
2003 - #42
2002 - #25
2001 - #9
2000 - #16
1999 - #27

http://247sports.com/Season/1999-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

http://searnfootballforum.yuku.com/topic/4620#.U-OP_fm-3Po

Where do you find the rankings?  When I click on your 247 link, it gives a ranking without numbers.  So, where do you get that we were #9 in 2001?

All good points, but I wouldn't put too much into 247's past rankings.  I'm not sure where they got 'em, since 247 wasn't around back then, but if you look closely, you'll find some very bizarre stuff in there.

redeye

Quote from: WorfHog on August 07, 2014, 10:04:31 am
If sea levels rise bringing us closer the the ocean, will that make us a powerhouse?  It's going to kill our Miami Pipeline, but we should be able to attract top talent if most of the SEC is underwater.

I'm ashamed to say that I've actually thought about this before.

redeye

Quote from: Philip Seaton on August 07, 2014, 12:37:15 pm

What about all those studies showing how most players stay close to home?  If you believe them, then doesn't it make sense that Georgia is going to have an easier time recruiting then Arkansas?

I don't all disagree with you, but I don't know how you can deny that location isn't huge.  I think the beach argument is overblown, but it's quite obvious that proximity to great players is very important to recruiting great.

RNHog

Sorry he didn't get a bid? And?

FATHAWG08

We have Little Rock & Pine  Bluff? To rebut this theory, Ole Miss does not have a Major Area Of Black Culture no where around. But their Coaching Staff is just showing everyone that it can be done with the right attitude. That is BS is you believe NWA is not an attractive place for recruits.
I love off season Football!!

Boarcephus

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on August 07, 2014, 05:20:25 pm
We have Little Rock & Pine  Bluff? To rebut this theory, Ole Miss does not have a Major Area Of Black Culture no where around. But their Coaching Staff is just showing everyone that it can be done with the right attitude. That is BS is you believe NWA is not an attractive place for recruits.

LR and PB???  You're not serious are you?  BTW, Memphis is about an hour out of Oxford.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 07, 2014, 05:52:31 pm
LR and PB???  You're not serious are you?  BTW, Memphis is about an hour out of Oxford.
just kidding of course. If a kid has to go an hour to be with people he is comfortable being around he's in the wrong place. What most Schools in the SEC have an advantage on Arkansas is their in state recruiting. We just don't produce enough SEC caliber players & when we do they go too our divisional rivals & sit on the bench. But in the long run this will help our in state recruiting on these kids left and now were are they?
I love off season Football!!

Boarcephus

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on August 07, 2014, 06:06:20 pm
just kidding of course. If a kid has to go an hour to be with people he is comfortable being around he's in the wrong place. What most Schools in the SEC have an advantage on Arkansas is their in state recruiting. We just don't produce enough SEC caliber players & when we do they go too our divisional rivals & sit on the bench. But in the long run this will help our in state recruiting on these kids left and now were are they?

Sounds good.  We can agree on this.