Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 year plan

Started by bruisemeister, July 28, 2014, 01:35:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bruisemeister

I heard on Razorback nation tonight that the Hog offensive line is 2 years away from where it needs to be. I also heard that Jim Chaney came here because he was told they had a 6 year committment. I don't know if that means 6 years to compete for the SEC title or 6 years to compete for the national title. Does this mean the Hogs will be a consistent conference and national player after 6 years or does this cycle start over in year 8 or 9? I expect one more year in the cellar this year but there should be vast improvement next year. I just hope I am alive by the time this happens.

1highhog

July 28, 2014, 02:49:28 am #1 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:48:03 am by 1highhog
They were meaning as I took it, that in two more recruiting classes the OL should be where it needs to be across the whole line for this Offense to work seamlessly like they want it to without any drop offs when they have to rest players, they can whole sale substitute without any drop offs.  That's where they plan on this line to be and I think with Pittman they're on their way of getting there.

bphi11ips

It should be pretty obvious.  It will take 5 years to completely rebuild a roster stocked with 4th and 5th year players built for power.  That is all.  It has nothing to do with how long it takes to win anything.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

1highhog

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 28, 2014, 03:18:47 am
It should be pretty obvious.  It will take 5 years to completely rebuild a roster stocked with 4th and 5th year players built for power.  That is all.  It has nothing to do with how long it takes to win anything.

Correct ^^^!

Mike Irwin

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 28, 2014, 03:18:47 am
It means that Jim Chaney's pro style offense is not a quick fix like Malzahn's HUNH spread. You could not take Nick Marshall, stick him into this offense and have instant success.

The quarterback, the receivers and the O-linemen need exposure to it and time to not only learn it but to fully embrace what it can do.

The O-line is being totally rebuilt. There is talent there but when this offense is fully developed you won't see freshmen starting.

From a quarterback standpoint Cheney is determined not to start freshmen or true sophomores unless he has no choice.

hogninja

Quote from: 1highhog on July 28, 2014, 02:49:28 am
They were meaning as I took it, that in two more recruiting classes the OL should be where it needs to be across the whole line for this Offense to work seamlessly like they want it to without any droid offs when they have to rest players, they can whole sale substitute without any drop offs.  That's where they plan on this line to be and I think with Pittman they're on their way of getting there.
Maybe some droids can help us sooner!

bphi11ips

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 28, 2014, 04:38:56 am
It means that Jim Chaney's pro style offense is not a quick fix like Malzahn's HUNH spread. You could not take Nick Marshall, stick him into this offense and have instant success.

The quarterback, the receivers and the O-linemen need exposure to it and time to not only learn it but to fully embrace what it can do.

The O-line is being totally rebuilt. There is talent there but when this offense is fully developed you won't see freshmen starting.

From a quarterback standpoint Cheney is determined not to start freshmen or true sophomores unless he has no choice.

It's not just the offensive line and the offensive scheme that takes time to build.  Bielema knows he can beat 18 and 19 year old 4 and 5 stars with 22 and 23 year old 3 and 4 stars. 

The thing about building a team the way Bielema wants to build Arkansas is that, once you build it, it sustains itself.  Look at the trajectory of South Carolina under Spurrier or the trajectory of Wisconsin under Alvarez.  Alvarez went 0-8 in the Big 10 his first year.  His teams weren't consistently double digit winners, but the Big 10 was in the 90's, and still is, a tough conference to dominate year-in-and year out, unless you're Ohio State.  Arkansas won't ever dominate the SEC year-in-and-year-out, but we will win it eventually if Bielema gets a chance to prove his concept.  What's the hurry?  We haven't won it in 22 years.   
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

1highhog

Quote from: hogninja on July 28, 2014, 04:47:52 am
Maybe some droids can help us sooner!

Yeah, yeah, you knew what I meant.  but thanks anyway for letting me know I made a mistake in my post.

WardamnHOGGLE

Quote from: 1highhog on July 28, 2014, 05:49:39 am
Yeah, yeah, you knew what I meant.  but thanks anyway for letting me know I made a mistake in my post.

pay no attention to the droids. ;D

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: bphi11ips on July 28, 2014, 05:19:59 am
  Arkansas won't ever dominate the SEC year-in-and-year-out, but we will win it eventually if Bielema gets a chance to prove his concept.  What's the hurry?  We haven't won it in 22 years.
if the avatar is a picture of you when you were a toddler, it tells me that you and I are within a decade of one another in age... in other words, no one is promised tomorrow and that promise of tomorrow gets thinner and thinner by the passing year...this tolerance of taking 6 years to build a program makes little sense to me...you  are in the second year after your first recruiting class has graduated (excluding the redshirts, etc)...I just don't quite get the logic...if you are going to wait 6 years, why not 8 ?  10 ?  or just let the guy retire here knowing that, "well, he gave it all he had for 20 years but we just couldn't quite get enough depth on the OL nor could we land that QB that could make the difference"    Sounds like excuses to me and one hell of a lot of back tracking by Bielema from the day he was hired. And I don't care to hear how he had no clue of the lack of talent that was at the UA until he arrived. Why ? Because Bielema was all fired up about the Hogs almost beating LSU just weeks before he was hired and said as much during his first speech to Razorback Nation upon his introduction.This ever expanding time to rebuild Arkansas football is an attempt to buy as much time as he can because I don't think Bielema beileives he can win here, at least not as he thought upon being hired.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: bruisemeister on July 28, 2014, 01:35:23 am
I heard on Razorback nation tonight that the Hog offensive line is 2 years away from where it needs to be. I also heard that Jim Chaney came here because he was told they had a 6 year committment. I don't know if that means 6 years to compete for the SEC title or 6 years to compete for the national title. Does this mean the Hogs will be a consistent conference and national player after 6 years or does this cycle start over in year 8 or 9? I expect one more year in the cellar this year but there should be vast improvement next year. I just hope I am alive by the time this happens.

Six years means Bret Bielema has a six-year contract.
[CENSORED]!

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 28, 2014, 06:27:37 am
if the avatar is a picture of you when you were a toddler, it tells me that you and I are within a decade of one another in age... in other words, no one is promised tomorrow and that promise of tomorrow gets thinner and thinner by the passing year...this tolerance of taking 6 years to build a program makes little sense to me...you  are in the second year after your first recruiting class has graduated (excluding the redshirts, etc)...I just don't quite get the logic...if you are going to wait 6 years, why not 8 ?  10 ?  or just let the guy retire here knowing that, "well, he gave it all he had for 20 years but we just couldn't quite get enough depth on the OL nor could we land that QB that could make the difference"    Sounds like excuses to me and one hell of a lot of back tracking by Bielema from the day he was hired. And I don't care to hear how he had no clue of the lack of talent that was at the UA until he arrived. Why ? Because Bielema was all fired up about the Hogs almost beating LSU just weeks before he was hired and said as much during his first speech to Razorback Nation upon his introduction.This ever expanding time to rebuild Arkansas football is an attempt to buy as much time as he can because I don't think Bielema beileives he can win here, at least not as he thought upon being hired.
I think you're totally wrong but we will see.

After 43 years of covering college football I think I've got a pretty good BS detector. Bielema may contradict himself from time to time but the nuts and bolts of this team is being put together by his assistant coaches. It's a good staff. As good as I've seen since Frank's era.

It won't take six years. I don't know who came up with that. They'll be better this season. By year three I think we'll see some real progress.

I'm 66. I may not get to cover year four so I get it that some may not have the patience to wait.

It really doesn't matter. Bielema's buyout pretty much assures him of five years minimum.
It is what it will be.

hoghiker

His contract is for six years, right? If he doesn't  get it done in that amount of time, he'll go on down the road like any other hire. I hope he gets it done. The last thing Arkansas needs is another coaching change. We got the best available last time. Next time we might not be so lucky.

Chief Mac

didn't read anything beyond the 6 yrs part did you?  Didn't say six years to win, just six years would be the threshold of when we can expect to have depth across the board where the talent dropoff will not be significant whenever the starters come out of the game

And yes, we are all fully aware that you don't feel Bielemea can win at Arkansas.  You want to be entertained and feel that is the only way to win a championship (though history shows otherwise)
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Steef

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 28, 2014, 06:40:34 am
I think you're totally wrong but we will see.

After 43 years of covering college football I think I've got a pretty good BS detector. Bielema may contradict himself from time to time but the nuts and bolts of this team is being put together by his assistant coaches. It's a good staff. As good as I've seen since Frank's era.

It won't take six years. I don't know who came up with that. They'll be better this season. By year three I think we'll see some real progress.

I'm 66. I may not get to cover year four so I get it that some may not have the patience to wait.

It really doesn't matter. Bielema's buyout pretty much assures him of five years minimum.
It is what it will be.

Write the book, you goober.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on July 28, 2014, 06:43:14 am
didn't read anything beyond the 6 yrs part did you?  Didn't say six years to win, just six years would be the threshold of when we can expect to have depth across the board where the talent dropoff will not be significant whenever the starters come out of the game

And yes, we are all fully aware that you don't feel Bielemea can win at Arkansas.  You want to be entertained and feel that is the only way to win a championship (though history shows otherwise)
speaking of not reading a post in full....as far as my believing or not believing Bielema can win here matters not, what matters is what Bielema believes and I posted as much...and all I've noticed is how the CBB optimism meter has slowly but surely waned into his second year...this is my sincere opinion about Bret Bielema, he is a good coach, and coming off the high of hanging 70 on the Nebraska Cornhuskers his bravado was at an all time high...if you would have asked him if last year's team would go 0-8 in the conference I feel quite sure Bret(being a gambling man at Las Vegas) would have been "all in" if someone had wagered that the Hogs would not win a single game in SEC play...how can one tell a coach is making an all out play to the fan base ? they ratchet back expectations and accentuate the postives, like grade points, lack of trouble makers on the team, etc.....now tell me, what has Bret been doing this off season ?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 28, 2014, 07:07:51 am
speaking of not reading a post in full....as far as my believing or not believing Bielema can win here matters not, what matters is what Bielema believes and I posted as much...and all I've noticed is how the CBB optimism meter has slowly but surely waned into his second year...this is my sincere opinion about Bret Bielema, he is a good coach, and coming off the high of hanging 70 on the Nebraska Cornhuskers his bravado was at an all time high...if you would have asked him if last year's team would go 0-8 in the conference I feel quite sure Bret(being a gambling man at Las Vegas) would have been "all in" if someone had wagered that the Hogs would not win a single game in SEC play...how can one tell a coach is making an all out play to the fan base ? they ratchet back expectations and accentuate the postives, like grade points, lack of trouble makers on the team, etc.....now tell me, what has Bret been doing this off season ?
What's been doing this off season? Well, besides the usual round of sports  shows and a vacation to the beach with Jen, apparently he and the rest of the staff have been busy recruiting/holding camps, evaluating talent, monitoring progress of team during off season workouts, etc. You know-the normal things that most coaches do. One thing he HASN'T had to do (thank goodness) is to monitor police blotters and help arrange to bail his players out of jail. That in itself has saved a LOT of grief for a ton of people.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 28, 2014, 07:25:25 am
What's been doing this off season? Well, besides the usual round of sports  shows and a vacation to the beach with Jen, apparently he and the rest of the staff have been busy recruiting/holding camps, evaluating talent, monitoring progress of team during off season workouts, etc. You know-the normal things that most coaches do. One thing he HASN'T had to do (thank goodness) is to monitor police blotters and help arrange to bail his players out of jail. That in itself has saved a LOT of grief for a ton of people.
in other words, another 4-8 season at best...at what point in time did the Razorback fan base have as it's goal is to become the Harvard of the South ? those two visions of Arkansas athletics are not congruent...sorry

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 28, 2014, 07:35:32 am
in other words, another 4-8 season at best
Golly, gee....since he's NOT allowed to do much of anything else WITHOUT getting into serious hot water with the NCAA then I don't think you could ask much more of him or any other HC. I'm fairly positive that in addition to all the other activities I cited earlier there's been much film study (the ARDEMGAZ has made mention of such) and other evaluation of how best to utilize the talent that's either on campus or that will soon be.

So Einstein, under the circumstances and NCAA rules how would YOU as a HC do things differently? I mean since you apparently have all the answers and all........I'm sure I'm by no means the only Hogvillian who'd like to know. In fact your sage advice would no doubt be extremely valued by CBB himself.

BTW what's up with the wisecrack of the U of A becoming the "Harvard of the South"? NO where have I ever heard anything of the sort being mentioned or even being hinted as such. However, IF you mean that Bielema and staff are concerned and interested in their players actually getting an education, making classes, and eventually earning a degree then I say to him "Bravo"! I don't think ANYONE who has the true interest of the program at heart should have any problem whatsoever with that particular concern. One other thing: based on your wise a&& remark you're obviously not taking into account that the NCAA has established a requirement for each school to have a program  meet certain goals and levels of academic progress or suffer possible penalties. So once again, you're letting your mouth run away with your posting. Once again, who knew?!

BorderPatrol

in other words, another 4-8 season at best...at what point in time did the Razorback fan base have as it's goal is to become the Harvard of the South ? those two visions of Arkansas athletics are not congruent...sorry

You must be a blast to be around....

bp

Biggus Piggus

You are a prime example of what I was talking about. Hardly anyone seems to understand what is going on inside the football program. It's not even remotely related to this "Harvard of the South" mumbojumbo you made up.
[CENSORED]!

Ironhawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 28, 2014, 07:44:02 am

BTW what's up with the wisecrack of the U of A becoming the "Harvard of the South"?

I believe that came from our old friend John White.  No idea what it has to do with CBB.

RNHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 28, 2014, 08:14:46 am
You are a prime example of what I was talking about. Hardly anyone seems to understand what is going on inside the football program. It's not even remotely related to this "Harvard of the South" mumbojumbo you made up.

Considering we are #2 behind Mississippi in the top 10 poorest states in the country, It's still Arkansas and we will never be in the same breath as Harvard or other Nationally known colleges. Simply a pipe dream.

three hog night

It's not just the offensive line and the offensive scheme that takes time to build.  Bielema knows he can beat 18 and 19 year old 4 and 5 stars with 22 and 23 year old 3 and 4 stars. 

The thing about building a team the way Bielema wants to build Arkansas is that, once you build it, it sustains itself.  Look at the trajectory of South Carolina under Spurrier or the trajectory of Wisconsin under Alvarez.  Alvarez went 0-8 in the Big 10 his first year.  His teams weren't consistently double digit winners, but the Big 10 was in the 90's, and still is, a tough conference to dominate year-in-and year out, unless you're Ohio State.  Arkansas won't ever dominate the SEC year-in-and-year-out, but we will win it eventually if Bielema gets a chance to prove his concept.  What's the hurry?  We haven't won it in 22 years.

A good knowledgeable post with reasonable opinions.  We need more of these.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 1highhog on July 28, 2014, 02:49:28 am
They were meaning as I took it, that in two more recruiting classes the OL should be where it needs to be across the whole line for this Offense to work seamlessly like they want it to without any drop offs when they have to rest players, they can whole sale substitute without any drop offs.  That's where they plan on this line to be and I think with Pittman they're on their way of getting there.

That's how Michigan wore us out in the Citrus Bowl HDN's 1st year. We came out on fire for the 1st half, but they kept pounding the ball until we gave way on the D line and then Tom Brady unleashed a play action beat-down on us...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

three hog night

Please stop.   Please stop looking for one excuse after another to tear down CBB...and indirectly the program.  Why do you have to take your extreme view to a public message board and spew crap for all to see?   CBB is going to have a good chance to rebuild this mess and you will not change his contract.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

MJ2

We're all too impatient for 6 years.   Year 2 will be telling and will lay the foundation for year 3 being the end of the CBB or not. 

1highhog

Quote from: MJ2 on July 28, 2014, 08:58:20 am
We're all too impatient for 6 years.   Year 2 will be telling and will lay the foundation for year 3 being the end of the CBB or not. 

For those like Iwastherein1869, you're not going to change his opinion on CBB.  If anyone on this Board though thinks that Coach B will be gone after year 3, you better grab onto the sides of that porcelain throne and grip it and rip it, because he's here to stay for at least 5 years, if he don't get the job done by then, maybe you can ease back on your grip, until then squeeze it like you never have before.

Vantage 8 dude

Dream on with that time frame. The man will be here a MINIMUM of four, if not five.

DoctorSusscrofa

Some folks just want to be negative. It's ok. We know who they are and we can ignore them.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Mike Irwin

You got the cash to buy him out?

Years ago the rumor on this board was that Johnny Tyson was going to buy Nutt out for seven million. I asked Tyson about it. He laughed. Then he said, "It's amazing what people who don't have money think those who do have it will spend it on." He went on to say that even though he would not have hired Nutt in the first place he would not spend a dime of his own money to correct somebody else's mistake.

The only person who could get rid of Bielema is the man who hired him and he doesn't believe he made a mistake.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 28, 2014, 10:19:11 am

Years ago the rumor on this board was that Johnny Tyson was going to buy Nutt out for seven million. I asked Tyson about it. He laughed. Then he said, "It's amazing what people who don't have money think those who do have it will spend it on." He went on to say that even though he would not have hired Nutt in the first place he would not spend a dime of his own money to correct somebody else's mistake.

The only person who could get rid of Bielema is the man who hired him and he doesn't believe he made a mistake.

Yeah, only thing Johnny would have spent big money on was to get Butch hired.

MJ2

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 28, 2014, 10:19:11 am

I can't argue that.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: ricepig on July 28, 2014, 10:24:58 am
Yeah, only thing Johnny would have spent big money on was to get Butch hired.
That is somewhat true.

Tim Harris

If Arkansas was to give Bielema 6 years for a rebuild we would be the first school I've seen give someone that long.  Now days for the most part you need to be winning by year 4.  If not they are out searching for the next HC.

GolfnHog

You may have "been there in 69" but newsflash....this ain't '69 and schools don't have the ability to stick 105 kids on scholarship just so another team won't get them. Your patience in want ing something is akin to a fat lady at the buffett line and there's only one chicken leg left.

I don't think CBB has backed down on anything since he was announced as the Hogs HC. What I think (my opinion only) is that the realization of what it is gonna take to get there is a bigger project than anticipated but with time his model and plan will get the Hogs there without having to sacrifice scholarships because of screw ups off the field.

In closing, it certainly won't be devastating to those young men that come to AR to actually end up with a degree/diploma so that they can enter into the real world after college based on expectations of all the coaches recruiting them.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 28, 2014, 10:58:23 am
If Arkansas was to give Bielema 6 years for a rebuild we would be the first school I've seen give someone that long.  Now days for the most part you need to be winning by year 4.  If not they are out searching for the next HC.

Depends on the definition of rebuild, playing for NC, or winning 8+ a year.

Hogwild

Quote from: RandomFan on July 28, 2014, 11:23:35 am
Oh , I doubt that, I'd say if we can't go .500 in SEC play in year 3 he'll be gone.

I don't think either one of those will happen.

Next year's conference schedule will be tougher than this year's, we might only be playing two SEC games in Fayetteville next season. Bama, LSU, Tennessee, Ole Miss, A&M are all out of state.  If Miss. State is the Little Rock game, that leaves just Auburn & Mizzou.  We could win 8 games(with a bowl) win and still be below .500 in conference play. I feel pretty confident that CBB will still be here after next season.

hog911

Very true.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 28, 2014, 06:40:34 am

I'm 66. I may not get to cover year four.....

Hush now Miss Daisy that's crazy talk.  Mike you aren't 66 years old you are 66 years young and could pass for 56 any day of the week.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Tim Harris

Quote from: ricepig on July 28, 2014, 11:16:55 am
Depends on the definition of rebuild, playing for NC, or winning 8+ a year.

8+ is all I'm looking for and most programs would accept those expectations.

chitwnhog

Yeah, shortsighted fans. Let's win NOW. We don't have time or patience to build a good foundation that will set us up for long term success. Just win NOW. I think the "we gotta win NOW" crowd doesn't see that Bielema is trying to set us up so that the roller-coaster we have been on for the last 30years won't happen. Will Bielema be able to succeed? I do not know but am ready to give him a chance.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RandomFan on July 28, 2014, 11:23:35 am
Oh , I doubt that, I'd say if we can't go .500 in SEC play in year 3 he'll be gone. Buyouts don't mean anything. Someone always has a checkbook ready.

I should add, I absolutely believe we'll do better than .500 in year 3.
Good luck with trying to bet money on that possibility!

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on July 28, 2014, 01:42:29 pm
8+ is all I'm looking for and most programs would accept those expectations.

If we aren't there, then it will correct itself.

redeye

Didn't Bielema just say elsewhere that the OL was one recruiting class away?  I remember thinking it would be complete after the 2016 class.  Maybe he included the 2015 class this time.

fakebobholt

Alot of focus this year seems to be on the offense. Our D has letbus down more than the Offense. Even if we dont have the right qb we still have 3 beast running backs. We have to have better LB and DB play or we will be in shoot outs.

Tusks

Guys, chill on the different opinions.  No need to go after posters who don't agree.

I was not a fan at all of the BB hire.  But I have watched and evaluated things for myself and have come 180 degrees and like what's going on 100%.

Did shots from fellow posters make me change my mind, NO.  So stop going after everyone that doesn't sing in the sing a long.  Make valid points and let people decide for themselves. 

Waiting for posters to show up just to go after their post every time is no way to live.  But like their ideas, you have the right.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pickwick Hog

For years I was a fan of Tom Osbourne and what he accomplished in that wasteland called Nebraska. The man redshirted every kid that came through his door and developed them.

He followed this recipe, for the most part, long after the NCAA started allowing true freshmen to play. By the time they were seniors, Tom was suiting up his men to play against boys every Saturday.

These days most kids are looking for a quick collegiate exit to the NFL buck$. By all means you've got to allow for that, but if games are still won in the trenches...and I believe they are, this Hog staff has great vision IMO.

Good O'linemen are arguably the most difficult to develop and BB places a WHOLE lot of stock in them. Produce some great lines year in and year out and watch how many QB's, RB's, TE's and WR's take notice. It will pay dividends if it's not already.

That is how Arkansas will eventually level the recruiting playing field. The blue chips looking for the bucks will want to run with the big uglies.

Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

rusvegashog

I am not a fan of coach B's talking sometimes I do believe it to be a perception issue. Having said that I am firmly in his corner as our head coach and when he said 2 more recruiting classes I think he was being completely honest in his assessment.  It's gonna take some time to get where we need to be, but I think we will see improvement each year. Couldn't be prouder of the coaches and the players who have taken this challenge on. They seem to be really building something of substance on the Hill. Imagine if South Carolina would have ran off Spurier before he had a chance to do what he's done. We'll be golden pony boy. Go Hogs!

jgphillips3

In six years, the first 100% Bielema class will be redshirt seniors.  If we aren't a top notch program by then, it won't ever happen for Bielema.  I think that's what CBB wanted when he was hired.  Time enough to get to that point and Chaney knows he has time to build it right and the best dang Oline coach in the country to do it with. 

We'll see starting next year what we are going to be capable of under Bielema but the across the board depth will be there in year six and every year thereafter thanks to solid redshirting.  If I had a guess, I would say CBB figured we could win 5-6 games last year and this year and then go to the 7-8 games level in 2015, 8-9 in 2016 and double digit wins in years 5 & 6.